Chapter 29

Love Me Now

The apartment’s door was being opened by someone and revealing Jihyo with her mother carrying the groceries. They changed their shoes and entered the apartment. Jihyo took a glance at the living room to look for Kai but she did not find his figure sitting on the couch.

“Hmm… where did he go?” Jihyo mumbled but it did not escape from her mother’s ear.

“Who is it dear?”

“Hmm?”

“Who are you looking for?” Mrs. Song asked while she unpacked the groceries from the shopping bag. “Are you inviting someone? Your boyfriend, perhaps?” Mrs. Song daughter who looked restless the moment she entered the house.

“What? No! I was just looking for Kaila,” Jihyo denied strongly which made her mother smiled even more. “Mom!”

Jihyo pouted and left her mother in the kitchen laughing out loud. She went straight to the guest room as her next assumptions of Kai’s location. She knocked for several times before she opened the door herself after she did not receive any reply.

“Kai?”

Jihyo looked around the room but there was no one in the room. She pulled out her phone to check of any new message especially from Kai but there was none.

“Jihyo, dear,” she left the room feeling down as she heard her mother called her from the kitchen.

“Where could he be?”

 

 

 

“I’ll show you that I will be the man she deserves.”

Mr. Kim looked at his grandson from his working desk and kept quiet for a moment as if he was judging Kai. He removed his glasses before he asked his grandson about the meaning of his statement.

“I’ll work for you until I can be a reliable man for Jihyo,” he answered confidently and his grandfather only laugh at his statement like it was a stilly, funny joke.

“That is the exact same thing your father said to me. He confidently tried to challenge me but then look who’s suffering now,” Mr. Kim started to laugh hysterically which annoyed Kai and he clenched his fist. He did not like when someone underestimated him or belittled his father, even if the person was his own grandfather.

“Grandpa…” Kai said, annoyance flavoured in his voice.

“Okay, okay… so, what are you planning to do?” Mr. Kim tried to calm himself and looked directly at his grandson with expectation.

“Well, I…” Kai trails off as he trying to think of something. He cursed at himself for not thinking much of what he should do when he was thinking of meeting his grandfather.

“How about you work with me? To prove that you are worth it to take over my position and run the company,” his grandfather suggested with a serious expression which made Kai felt like he does not have any choice than comply with his grandfather’s suggestion.

After a deep thought, Kai agreed with his grandfather suggestion and received a wide, satisfied smile from the old man.

“Then, as the future president of the company I need you to live in this household,” Kai frown at that suggestion. “It’s the best for both of you. If you want to be a new man for her, then you need to stay away from her for a while. Remember boy, a successful and strong man always born from hardships and that includes set asides your feelings for her even if it hurts.”

Kai looked up towards his grandfather and something hit him that maybe his grandfather also had gone through the same thing and even his father also gone through the same thing. “I know you don’t want to hurt me… Grandpa.”

 

 

 

Jihyo was at the living room watching a drama Kai loved to watch. Suddenly, the door of her apartment was opened – the sound of the security lock on the door brought her back to reality. She glance towards the door before getting up from the couch and walked towards the door.

“Mom, did you forget anything?” she taught that her mother was the one at the door. However, she was surprised to find Kai standing there while removing his shoes.

“Kai?”

“Why did you look so surprised? Where’s your mom?” Kai looked around the apartment as he entered the inside of the apartment, leaving the dumbfounded Jihyo.

“Oh, mom already went home to Japan. She needs to handle some business at the restaurant,” Jihyo answered after she returned to reality. Well, it was true that her mom told her that a VIP wanted to book their restaurant for an event.

“Jihyo, let’s spend tonight by just hanging with each other,” Kai said suddenly but he did not look at Jihyo. Before Jihyo could reply, he continued, “Let’s have a date.”

There was a silence and Kai turned his body to face Jihyo who was staring blankly towards Kai. Kai was trying to read Jihyo’s expression but there was nothing he could interpret beside – Song Jihyo was thinking of something. He knew Jihyo is not stupid and she could sense that there was something wrong with him.

“Kai,” Jihyo finally spoke but she was staring down at the floor.

“What happened to your hair?” then she looked up to meet Kai’s eyes.

“Please don’t look at me like that,” she thought when suddenly Kai’s gaze change - maybe showing sadness.

“Kai…”

“Jihyo,” he cut Jihyo out and forced a smile. “I was just trying a new style. Isn’t black coloured hair looks good on me?”

Jihyo stared at Kai who was smiling proudly while his hands in his trousers’ pocket. She knew there was something odd about Kai today but she just let that thought go and gave Kai a gentle smile.

“Hmm,” she walked closer to Kai and whispered, “…but I liked the blonde Kai more.”

“Wha… What?!” Kai stuttered and Jihyo smiled victoriously and leaving the reddened Kai as she walked to the kitchen.

“I can’t believe that I was blushing like a school girl over that,” Kai could not help but smiled at that. Will he ever be feel the same, will his heart beat like crazy, will he blushed like a schoolgirl when he was not with Jihyo anymore?

Suddenly, gloomed atmosphere surrounding him and Kai does not want to tell Jihyo the truth. He does not want to hurt her.

“Kai,” he came back to reality when he heard Jihyo was calling him from the kitchen.

“Yeah?”

“What do you want to eat for dinner?”

Kai was thinking for a moment but then he could not think of something since his head was packed with his problems. “Just cook anything you liked. I always loved your cooking anyway.”

“Okay,” Jihyo smiled hearing Kai’s answered. She wondered when Kai became so sweet. Sometimes she even thought that Kai switched personality with Jongsuk.

 

 

 

“Dinner is ready~” Jihyo was setting the last plate on the table when Kai came out from the guest room wearing his comfortable shirt and pants.

“Hmm, smelled nice,” he commented as he took a seat at his usual place.

“Of course, it’s for someone special,”Jihyo replied happily and proudly as she sit down across Kai.

“Someone special? You mean… me?” Kai asked sheepishly which made Jihyo chuckled.

“No silly, it’s Lee. Jong. Suk.”

“What?!” Kai widened his eyes. Jihyo burst into laughter as she held on her stomach.

“Ouch that hurts. Haha… Kai I was just joking. Of course that special someone is you,” Jihyo chuckled at the end. Kai took a deep breath before releasing it.

“Hey, is there something wrong? You looked troubled,” Jihyo gave a worried look now after she heard Kai was sighing deeply.

“Hmm,” Kai looked at Jihyo in the eyes and gave a smile. “No, it’s nothing important.”

They finished their dinner with jokes and laughter. Kai was going to help Jihyo cleaned all the dishes but the girl refused Kai’s offer and told him to wait for her at the living room.

 

 

It took at least five minutes for Jihyo to come out from the kitchen. Kai was already sitting comfortably on the couch waiting for Jihyo.

“Are we going to watch a movie tonight?” Jihyo asked as she climbed the couch. Kai glanced at her as he playing with the remote-control.

“Do you have any suggestion?”

“Hmm,” Jihyo sat beside Kai and made herself comfortable. “I don’t know. Why don’t you choose?”

“Okay then,” Kai inserted the CD in the CD player and pressed the PLAY button. He walked back to the couch and covered Jihyo with a blanket. Kai sat next to her and Jihyo made herself comfortable by placing her head on Kai’s shoulder.

“Ha… I like this,” Jihyo commented as her eyes still focused on the TV screen. Kai took his gaze to Jihyo and he loved how the only light from the TV screen made Jihyo’s face glowed in the dark room.

“You like the movie or you like cuddling with me?” Kai tried his best to hide his smile. Jihyo made an annoyed face when she heard Kai’s reply and at the same time, she could feel that her face was turning red at the mention of cuddling.

“Come on Kai. Don’t act like you’re innocent,” Jihyo rolled her eyes and crossed her arms on her chest. The latter laughed at Jihyo’s action and tried to coax the sulking Jihyo.

“I like it too,” Kai suddenly stated.

“Hmm?” Jihyo straightened her position to look at Kai’s face clearly.

“I said, I love to spend my night together with you like this. I just want to be together with you,” Kai turned his head towards Jihyo and they stared at each other for who-knows-how-long. It ended when Kai pulled Jihyo closer by drawing her waist with his right arms which made Jihyo yelp due to surprised.

“I…” a kiss on Jihyo’s forehead.

“Love…” a kiss on Jihyo’s nose.

“You…” and a kiss on her lips.

Jihyo was speechless by Kai’s sudden romantic mode and to add as bonus, the background music of the movie was playing a romantic melody which made Jihyo frown a bit with the overwhelming coincidence. After a moment, Kai released Jihyo’s lips and both of them were taking in a deep breath.

“Hmm, I… that…” Jihyo could not finish her sentence as she was feeling shy about what just happened. She felt like she should dig a hole and buried herself in there. But then, she thought that Kai would be lonely and drink poison and killed himself because he thought Jihyo was already dead. Jihyo knocked her head with her knuckle and cursed to herself for thinking about nonsense thing at a time like that.

“Jihyo, let’s not be bother about that and enjoy the movie,” Jihyo looked at Kai after he spoke the wise words to her. Kai was smiling softly to her while placing his arms around Jihyo’s shoulder.

Jihyo just hummed as an answer and looked at her front and Kai did the same. Jihyo placed her head on Kai shoulder and the latter tightened his hold on Jihyo.

“I hope tonight will never end,” Kai smiled bitterly.

 

 

 

“Kai?” Jihyo woke up in the morning to find Kai was not sleeping beside her.

She thought that she was sleep walking but then she remembered that maybe she fell asleep during their movie time and Kai carried her to her room. She get down from her bed and exited her bedroom.

“Kai?” she asked the same thing again but now, she was standing in front of Kai’s room. She knocked several times but there was no answer. She opened the door and she found that the room was empty.

She walked towards Kai’s closet and placed her hands on the handle. Jihyo did not know why she was aiming for the closet and she was afraid on what she would see.

“Okay, on the count of 1, 2… 3,” and she opened the closet. Jihyo could not believe it when she saw that all of Kai’s clothing was missing.  “Oh no…what is happening here? Did someone broke into my apartment? But why did only Kai’s clothes that are missing?”

Jihyo walked to the living room in panic and found breakfast was ready for her. Beside the tray of pancake and milk, her eyes caught the sight of a piece of letter on the table.

She walked towards the table and picked up the letter. She could not find the courage to read the letter; however, she was curious about the content of the letter. She opened the letter slowly while closing her eyes tightly.

“Dear my love, Song Jihyo…”

Tears were flowing down on her cheeks as she kept reading the content of the letter.

“Is this the end of us Kai?”

 

~TO BE CONTINUED~



Chapter 29 is here... I know this is late, but please don't put your expectation too high, since I can't confirm you that I'll finish this story. But, I'll try to finish this before my A'level.

Please put your comment down there and I hope you enjoy the story~

p/s: I'm short in ideas right now so, i apologize if this chapter is boring or anything. Tq~