Chapter 11

Love Me Now

After they finished their dinner, Jong Suk excused himself to leave because he had a phone call from the hospital.

"Oh sorry guys, I have to leave now. There's an emergency at the hospital," he putted his phone back to his jeans' pocket. Jihyo gave him a disappointed look while Kai turned his head away from them and smile widely *ok that’s creepy*.

“Awww, don’t miss me now,” Jong Suk stood up and went to hugged Jihyo. Jihyo was shocked at first but then she could feel warmth from his embrace. She hugged him back which made Kai eyes widened in surprise.

“Hey! What are you guys doing?!” Kai instinctively raised his voice. Due to shock, Jong Suk and Jihyo turned to see the angry Kai.

“Hugging,” they shortly answer and gave a “Duh..” face to Kai. Kai hanged his mouth open with the normal and calm reaction they gave him.

“Oh, are you free on Sunday morning?” Jong Suk broke their hug to face Jihyo. She lifted her head.

“Yes. Why?” Jihyo replied him.

“Great. Let’s go to the amusement park on Sunday,” Jong Suk suggested happily. Then a smile grew on her sweet face.

“Only the two of us?” she asked impatiently.

“Yup, it’s only the two of us. Let’s have a date,” Jihyo’s smile became wider and Kai made a disagree face. Flowers bloomed around the lovely couple while there’s an angry flame around Kai.

“Hold on a second,” Jihyo and Jong Suk looked at Kai simultaneously.

“What?” Jihyo asked him angrily for ruining their sweet moment.

“So, you’re going to leave me alone in this small apartment?” Jihyo gave him an annoyed look.

“You always stayed alone in this apartment when I have to go to my college,” Jihyo brows met at Kai’s weird attitude.

“Well, I’m bored. I want to go too,” Kai sounded like a 5 years old kid. Jihyo groaned in frustration.

“There’s no way I’m going to bring you!” Jihyo sounds fierce than before. It was her final decision and Kai had to agree with it no matter he liked it or not.

“Fine! I’m not going,” Kai pouted and crossed his arm. Jihyo turned her attention back to Jong Suk. They talked for a while before Jihyo sent him to the door. Meanwhile, Kai went to the living room and still mad at Jihyo.

“Hmph, I don’t care about them. Why should I?” he was talking to himself. Jihyo went back to the dining table and cleaned up the table. Kai watched Jihyo as she cleaning the table and picked up the dishes to the sink.

“I must be crazy. But what if everything that he told me was right?” Kai remembered the thing that Jong Suk’s whisper to him.

-FLASHBACK-

“Well, I mean you like her,” Kai tried to questioned him again then suddenly he smile which made Kai’s heart beating in nervousness.

“Oh no, why am I so nervous now? Did he really like her? Kai gulped, waiting for Jong Suk’s answer.

“Of course I do,” Jong Suk answered confidently. Kai nearly fainted when he heard that answer.

“Whyyy…?” Kai felt like his world was torn apart.

“As a friend,” Jong Suk continued his sentence which made Kai looked something to him at him back.

“What?” Kai was so confused now. Jong Suk gave him a gentle smile and started to whisper to him.

“But, I heard that she started to develop a feeling towards this one boy. Could it be me? I think I should start my move now. Who don’t want a pretty girlfriend like Song Jihyo?” Kai’s eyes became bigger in disbelief. Kai’s mouth hanged open while Jong Suk pulled back and smile. Before Kai could asked anything Jihyo called them.

Silently, Jong Suk took a quick glance to Kai and smile creepily, “Hehehe… I gotcha.”  Jong Suk felt satisfied when he saw Kai’s dumbfounded face.

-END OF FLASHBACK-

“That can’t be true,” Kai told himself, still looking at Jihyo’s back. He really did not want Sunday to come after thinking about what Jong Suk had told him.

“Did Jihyo really fall in love with Dr Lee?” Kai was deep in his own thought and did not realize that Jihyo was sitting beside him, watching the TV.

She had finished her dish-washing job and went to watch the TV. She took a glance towards Kai. He was deep in his own thought that he did not respond when Jihyo waved her right hand in front of him.

“Kai,” there’s no answers and she tried until five times, still no answers. “HEY STUPID KAAAII…!!!” this time she yelled at his ear.

“Huh, THAT’S NOT TRUE!” Kai automatically stood up from his seat and shouted out his thought. Jihyo flipped back because she was shocked from Kai’s action. *Wait a sec, did Kai just raised up without his crutch? Hmmm*.

Anyway, Jihyo was astonished when she saw that Kai was standing without his crutch. Kai who was back to reality turned to the astonished Jihyo.

“What?!” he asked angrily. He cursed Jihyo for surprising him earlier.

“Uhmm, you’re okay now? I guess your leg is fine now,” Jihyo moved her eyes from Kai’s face to his leg. He followed Jihyo’s gaze and saw that he could stand perfectly without his crutch but he still needed it to walk around.

“Oh, you’re right. Then, can I follow you to the amusement park on Sunday?” Kai made a hopeful face to Jihyo but she did not buy it.

“No. You know that it was a date. I can’t bring you,” Kai groaned in disappointment at Jihyo’s answer. “And beside, you still can’t walk properly. So, just stayed at home and be a good boy,” Jihyo turned her attention back to the TV.

“Hmph, I’m not going to stay quiet. I’m going to spy on you,” Kai has developed his own mission on spying Jihyo and Jong Suk’s date. He smirked evilly.

 

-The next day-

After Jihyo’s class ended, she brought Min Jung to the shopping mall to buy some clothes. She wanted to look pretty on her date with Jong Suk and tried to forget about Jinwoon. Despite the fact that Jinwoon was being a jerk towards her, Jihyo still could not forget about all her moments with him.

“Hey, Jihyo, look at this. Doesn’t it look pretty on me?” even though they were supposed to go shopping for Jihyo, Min Jung was the one that being so excited. She was so happy when suddenly Jihyo asked her to shopping together. Jihyo continued to choose the dresses and clothes at the clothes’ stands.

“Hmm, maybe this one will look good on me. Moreover, he doesn’t care much about a girl styles,” Jihyo happily picked the navy blue colored, long sleeved t-shirt with a blue colored, short pants. They went to the counter to pay for the clothes and left the shop. Jihyo and Min Jung went to an ice-cream shop before they went home.

“I can’t wait for the date,” Jihyo smiled happily when she remembered about the date.

 

-At Jihyo’s apartment-

Jihyo enetered her apartment and saw Kai was watching the TV. She removed her shoes and went to Kai.

“You’re going to stay at home until when? You should go to school. You’ve been absent for ten days already,” Jihyo took a seat beside Kai. He did a poker face to Jihyo and paid his attention back to the TV. Jihyo felt annoyed now so, she smacked Kai’s head. He gave her a death glare but Jihyo just mocked him.

“Fine, I’ll go tomorrow,” Kai was defeated at the end of their never-ending bickering of that day. Jihyo smiled satisfied with Kai’s answer. Then, she stood up and went to the kitchen to get some water. Fighting with Kai made her thirsty. As Jihyo went to the kitchen, her phone was vibrating on the coffee table.  Kai noticed it and took a look at Jihyo’s phone. Suddenly, his face turns darker when he saw the name appeared on the screen, Lee Jong Suk. Unknowingly, Kai opened the message from Jong Suk and read it.

From Lee Jong Suk:

Hey, what are you doing right now? Can’t wait for Sunday to come ;)

Kai scoffed after he finished reading the message. Then he started to type something on the keyboard. After he was done, he smiled happily.  Then Jihyo arrived with her drinks and some snacks.  She saw Kai was holding her phone and she immediately ran towards Kai.

“What are you doing with my phone?” Kai was startled and turned to Jihyo with his “uh-oh” face. He immediately stood up when Jihyo went near him. Kai raised his hand upwards so Jihyo could not reach her phone. Kai smiling in triumph, he totally enjoyed bullying Jihyo. Due to her heights, Jihyo could not reach her phone, so she jumped towards Kai. He loses his balance and suddenly they fell, luckily, on the couch.

“Whoaaah…” they screamed as they fell. Now, Jihyo was on top of Kai while he was blushing so hard and his heart was beating rapidly.

“Crap, what if she felt my heart beat?” Kai stared at Jihyo who was still on top of him. Suddenly, Jihyo looked at him back and there was an awkward silence. Jihyo immediately took his phone from Kai when she saw Kai was dazing off. He was startled by Jihyo’s action. Meanwhile, Jihyo was standing and checking her phone, leaving the still-laying-Kai dumbfounded on the couch.

Jihyo immediately ran to her room with her shopping back. When she arrived at her bedroom, she closed the door and read Jong Suk’s message.

Back to Kai…

“What was happening? My heart was beating like crazy again,” once again Kai clutched his clothes on his left chest. He sat properly on the couch while thinking about the weird feeling that he felt. As he was busy with his own thought, Jihyo was yelling his name from her room.

“YOU STUPID KAAAAAIIII…” Kai was startled at first but then a smile appeared on his face, an evil smile.

“I guess she read it already, hehehe,” Kai was making an evil face now; he turned into a creepy mode. Dark aura was filling the entire living room.


Waaa... T_T I'm so nervous about this chapter.