Chapter 31

Love Me Now

Three years later…

 

 

Jihyo owned a small café with the help from her mother who own a restaurant business which has many branches in different region in Japan. She started her business a year after Jongin left her. Then, she met Lee Seungri, a sole heir of a prestigious company: V.I Association.

 

The first time Jihyo met Seungri, she did not acknowledge him as a crown prince of the prestigious Lee family. Lee Seungri looks like a normal badass guy you met for the first time who doesn’t know how to stop his lame jokes and played with different girls. This is how Jihyo described Seungri when she called Minjung to whine about her new housemate.

 

Yes, Seungri was her housemate in a share-house in Tokyo, well, a lot comfortable than her old apertment back in Seoul. That’s why Jihyo thought that Seungri was just an ordinary college graduate looking for a job. She also assumed that Seungri was Japanese because of his fluent accent.

 

They met 2 years ago when Jihyo left Seoul to forget everything about Kai. The last news she heard about Kai was his engagement with Jung Soojung (a.k.a Krystal Jung) which gave a great shook towards Jihyo because the Kai she knew was actually the heir of a rich old man and they called him Kim Jongin.

 

“WHAT?! Kim Kai and Kim Jongin is the same person?” Minjung was yelling in front of her face and Jihyo was trying to hold herself from throw the glass of caramel macchiato to her best friend. She lucky that I was craving for this caramel macchiato, she thought while glaring Minjung.

 

“, it’s obvious that their face is similar as ,” Jihyo showed Minjung the picture of Kim Jongin and his so-called fiancé. “…except for the hair color and his fashion sense.”

 

Minjung stared at the picture on Jihyo’s phone with an article about Jongin’s engagement. “Well, they do look the same,” Minjung said absent-mindedly. Jihyo groaned to let out her frustration and cupped her best friend’s face.

 

“That’s because they ARE THE SAME PERSON Lee Minjung!!!”

 

“I CAN’T BELIEVE HE DITCHED YOU BECAUSE OF THIS SKINNY-FOR-NOTHING-!!!” and now Minjung was also yelling with Jihyo (it was so sudden that Jihyo was surprised by Minjung’s sudden rage).

 

And they totally ignore the stares from other customers in that café. THE END.

 

“So, what are you up to?” Jihyo returned to the table where she left Seungri and she brought back two mugs of Seungri favorite hot chocolate. Seungri thanked her when Jihyo set down the mugs on the table.

 

“Hmm, nothing big, I was just busy with helping father on the new project. After all the business in Osaka finished, I’ll return to Seoul…” Seungri paused and took a sip from his mug before continuing. “…and I decided to take you home with me.”

 

Jihyo just stared at her hot chocolate without replying Seungri’s invitation but more likely, it sounds like an order from the young man.

 

“I can’t and you know why,” Jihyo’s voice was so low that Seungri nearly could not heard her.

 

“I know, but can’t you do this for our parents? My father wanted to meet you so badly,” Seungri was almost pleading her now and Jihyo felt bad so she has decided to follow Seungri back to Seoul after a moment of serious thinking time. She knew that she could never run away from her problem or insecurity (which was of course Kai) forever, but she was just… not ready yet.

 

She knew they would meet anytime soon, however she hoped it was not  this soon because her heart was not yet ready. She thought the pain would ease after all those years she left Seoul but every time she heard his name being mentioned, she could not help the pain forming from her wounded heart.

 

 

After Seungri’s business meeting in Osaka for three days has finally finished, they were getting ready to leave Tokyo. Jihyo entrusted her café to her assistant, Shin to manage her café.

 

“Are you ready?”

 

“Yeah,” Jihyo took a last glance towards their share-house before entering the taxi. Seungri was putting their luggage into the taxi’s trunk with the help of the driver. When he was done with the luggage, he went to Jihyo’s side and slung his arm around her shoulder in a comforting way.

 

“Let’s go,” Seungri whispered to her and Jihyo glanced up to him. Her eyes were reflecting her sadness and it hurts Seungri’s heart. He wished he could fix Jihyo’s heart but it was badly broken to be fixed. Even though Jihyo agreed, he knew that Jihyo’s heart still belong to a young man named Kim Jongin.

 

 

-South Korea-

 

Jongin was frowning as he stared on the file in front of him. His eyes were scanning every words printed on the piece of white paper. He did not know how many times he was sighing on that day but he really felt stressed with the company’s new project. He threw the file on the table, feeling irritated and then he leaned back on his chair as he loosened his necktie.

 

“I’m sorry sir, but they want to know your answer about this matter today,” his secretary stated. His arm was placed neatly in front as he informed Jongin with the incoming complaints from the board of the company. Jongin opened his closed eyes and stared at his stiff secretary, Mr. Choi Minho. He really missed Siwon, his old secretary and also Mr. Choi’s older brother. Choi Siwon was funnier and cool than his little brother who was so rigid and all about the rules and regulation.

 

“Haaaaah… those old ing bastards. They always tried their best to kick me out from this building,” Jongin sighed and closed his eyes back. He smirked victoriously because he knew Minho does not favor him talking profanity and being rude. He could feel that Minho was frowning now.

 

“Sir, you should not be rude with them. They are…” Minho could not finish his words when Jongin suddenly butted in.

 

“The shareholders of the company… yeah, yeah. I know,” Jongin waved his right hand lazily. “Hyung, please, stop being so paranoid. It’s not like they put any CCTV or voice recorder here.”

Minho rolled his eyes. Yes, his boss, Kim Jongin was younger than him and Siwon but his rudeness level was beyond imagination. He wondered how his brother could deal with the pain-in-the--Kim-Jongin.

 

“I know. Just… be extra careful okay,” he sighed as kept on reminding the younger back to back until it has become a habit. No one could win over Jongin’s stubbornness and all he could do is play along and be patient with the young Director.

 

“Okay.”

 

“I’ll leave you for now but please find a solution to this matter before 5 p.m,” Minho picked up the abandoned file and gave it back to Jongin. The younger opened his eyes halfheartedly and took the file.

 

“Good,” although Jongin did not say anything, Minho took his action as an okay. Jongin made an irritated face and shooed his secretary away with waving his hand lazily.

 

 

 

Jongsuk was staring on an x-ray intently and he did not realize that someone entered his room. His guest was smiling as she looked at how focused Jongsuk were until his lips were pursed.

 

“Don’t you miss me?”

 

Jongsuk immediately looked up, his eyes were widened, his mouth parted and he slowly removed his glasses. “Jihyo? Song Jihyo?”

 

“Aww, why did you take off your glasses? You looked good with it,” Jihyo confessed and she smiled when Jongsuk finally moved from his seat.

 

“I… I…” Jongsuk was speechless. He thought that Jihyo would never come back. But, she did. Jongsuk stared her for a good 10 minutes.

 

“Are you going to keep staring me or you…?” Jihyo did not finish her sentence when Jongsuk marched towards her and pulled her into a longing hug. Jihyo was shocked at first but she did not say a word. She just let Jongsuk’s warmth enveloped her as she breathed in the smell of Jongsuk’s cologne – the one that always calmed her.

 

“I miss you, bad girl,” Jongsuk whispered as he caressed Jihyo’s wavy hair.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“You should.”

 

“I miss you too, Lee Jongsuk.”

 

“Welcome home, Song Jihyo.”

 

“I’m back.”

 

~TO BE CONTINUED~


I'm sorry...

this chapter's plot is so bad. I think I lost my inspiration and ideas to write.

mood: disappointed (i think my long time crush has a girlfriend now)