Chapter 26

Love Me Now

Jihyo opened her eyes slowly as the lights from outside piercing to her eyes. She never had a peaceful and a good sleep before. She could feel that someone arms covering around her waist and she knew it was Kai. Since she was backing Kai, Jihyo secretly smile in happiness from the memories she had last night, the night when both of them agreed on trying to figure out Jihyo’s feelings towards Kai. As Jihyo was playing with her own thoughts, Kai tightened his grip on Jihyo’s waist and he placed a kiss on her nape which startled the young lady.

“Kai?”

“Good morning,” Kai answered with his gentle voice that makes Jihyo’s heart melt from the warmth Kai gave. She never expected that Kai was a sweet and caring person. Moreover, he was younger and a bit rebellious which obviously did not portray the sweet and caring traits on him. Jihyo turned her body to face Kai and the space between them was so close. Kai got to see Jihyo’s pretty morning face and Jihyo got to see the cute morning face of Kai.

“We should get ready now,” Jihyo whispered, eyes still locked to Kai’s face. Even though she said that, neither of them was getting up from the suddenly comfy bed. They were too immersed on staring at each other dearly until…

“Jihyo… are you awake?” her mother’s loud voice made the two jerked up from their position. Both of them were sitting on the bed and fears came into their body. Jihyo and Kai looked at each other with terror shown on their face. The loud knock on the door became louder as the time passed by.

“What should we do?” Kai asked Jihyo who was always blanked first thing in the morning. They stared at each other for five minutes, well, if not because of Jihyo’s mother said that she would opened the door as there was no answer coming out from her daughter.

“Hurry, hide under the blanket,” Jihyo suggested and Kai gave her a confused look, he was not sure that her plan would be a success. After Kai was well hidden, Jihyo quickly ran to the door and opened it to see her mother was all dressed up in fancy clothes.

“Ehmm, good morning mom. Where are you going this early?” Jihyo gave the best smile she could produce at that time while her mom was busy attaching her watch around her wrist. Jihyo closed the door behind her so that her mother would not see Kai on the bed without his girl image.

“Dear, I’ll be going for a business meeting with my client. I’ll be home before dinner, okay?” Mrs Song caressed her daughter’s silky, wavy hair. Jihyo gave her mother another smile and guide Mrs Song to the entrance door. She bid her mother a farewell and when her mother figure was no longer to be seen, she closed the door, releasing a sigh. Then, slowly a small smile appeared on her face. She skipped happily to the guest room that she occupied with Kai. She opened the door with a big smile only to find the latter was sleeping so deeply on the bed. The smile suddenly disappeared slowly and her face turned to a sulking face. She walked slowly near the bed and hopped on to it. Even from that vibration, Kai did not opened his eyes which irritated Jihyo a lot.

“Why did I like this guy so much?” Jihyo pouted while looking at Kai’s sleeping face. She resisted the urge to stab Kai on his chest repeatedly. After a few minutes on staring Kai, she felt bored and reached for her phone. Jihyo dialed the number and waited for the recipient to answer her call. Luckily, the receiver answered it immediately which made Jihyo broke into a smile.

“Hey Jongie, what are you doing today? Oh, really? Then, do you want to go on a date with me? I’m so bored. What? Kai? Hmm, that idiot is still sleeping. He pissed me off so, you…” Jihyo’s words were cut off when a bigger arm wrapped around her waist and pulled her closer. Jihyo almost screamed to the phone, her heart was beating so fast against her chest.

“Who are you talking to? And did you called me ‘idiot’?” Kai whispered to Jihyo’s right ear which made her shivered from the feelings Kai gave her. Seriously, how could he do that? He was just a high school kid, was all Jihyo could thought. On the other line, Jong Suk, the one Jihyo was calling earlier was left dumbfounded as he waited for Jihyo’s next sentence. He kept asking if Jihyo was still on the line and the young lady who could not do anything under Kai’s spell felt extremely guilty towards Jong Suk. Kai's hand slowly moved to Jihyo’s which holding the phone next to her ear. He took the phone away from Jihyo’s grip which surprised the girl. And what surprised her more were Kai’s words as he talked to Jong Suk through the phone.

“Sorry, but we’re kinda busy right now. Jihyo is being so naughty on the bed. So if you don’t mind, please forget the date thing,” and he end the phone, left the poor dumbfounded Jong Suk in questions. Jihyo turned her head to Kai with an unbelievable face but he just gave her his ever-so-famous-i-don’t-care face.

“What was that?”

“What was ‘what’?” Kai answered with another question and Jihyo had enough with it. She gritted her teeth to control her anger.

“Kai…!!!” Jihyo exclaimed in annoyance. “You make it sound like we were…” she trailed off and received a look from Kai which did not make things got better because Jihyo felt so defeated. She turned away from Kai and her lips turned into a pout. Kai throw the phone on the bed and covered Jihyo’s waist with his arms again, his jaw was placed neatly on Jihyo’s shoulder.

“I’m sorry…” was the only thing that came out from his mouth. However, that did not make Jihyo happy.

“You’ll get him misunderstand the situation with your words,” Jihyo did not like it when someone especially Kai to lie about something related to her. Kai knew he did wronged by saying those words to Jong Suk, Jihyo’s best friend and the most important person in Jihyo’s life. Maybe, he was just jealous?

“Maybe I was just jealous?” hearing that, Jihyo turned her body to face Kai and released herself from Kai’s grip. She gave a look to Kai and the young man could not look at her in the eyes as he felt embarrassed. She kept staring and he kept looking away. They stayed like that for almost ten minutes until Kai spoke. “Please say something.”

“OH MY GOD!!! Kai, why would you be jealous? You know that Jong Suk would forever be my best friend and you will forever be someone I hate and love at the same time,” Jihyo expressed her feelings out loud which then made Kai blushed. Jihyo found that she discovered a different side of Kai bit by bit and she thought that the shy Kai was so adorable. She could not resist from jumped in to Kai and gave him a big hugged. Kai was surprised at first but then, he smiled feeling content that finally the girl he loved confessed to him.

“Hey, let’s go out today. My mom is out all day and she’ll be home before dinner,” Jihyo broke their embrace and waited for Kai’s answer with much hope that Kai agreed. After a few seconds of thinking nothing actually, Kai agreed and the girl in front of him beamed happily. They began to plan their activities for their first ever date and it made Jihyo excited, even though she had done it before with Jinwoon. Perhaps, her feeling to Kai starting to develop more and at the other side Kai was watching the excited Jihyo dearly.

 

 

“Why are we riding the bus? We could just go with my car? Jihyo asked while looking out the window. Kai turned his head to Jihyo who was dressed so beautifully in a sunflower dress with a white cardigan, as usual; she just let her hair down passing her shoulder.

“Isn’t this how they always did during a date? We ride a bus first then go to the amusement park, next have a lunch together,” Kai said as if he already made a study on a perfect date before. Jihyo nearly laughed when she saw Kai’s face, thinking so hard over simple things.

“Where did you learn all that things?” Jihyo tried her best to hide her smile. Actually, she did not care how their date would be; the only thing that she wanted was to spend her whole day with Kai beside her.

“Hmm… I watched it from the drama you like to watch every Friday and Saturday night,” Kai looked so freaking adorable at that moment and Jihyo had a hard time to control herself from pinching his cheek.

“Awwwhh, looked like someone really enjoy watching drama lately,” Jihyo said mockingly waiting for Kai’s response as she look at him. Kai made a frown, feeling crushed because Jihyo finally found out that he enjoyed the drama which once he commented that it was a piece of trashy works, the one that should not be aired on TV and the director, especially the writer should be fired. Kai felt so embarrassed and he tried his best not to show it however without knowing, his lips turned into a cute pout from Jihyo’s perspective. In order to cheer the sulking Kai, Jihyo called his name which made her called him repeatedly because Kai being the cold and intolerant side of him (his traits that should be changed sooner was better).

“Kai~”

“What?” he just answered with that single word and yes, with a question mark at the end of the sentence. Jihyo rolled her eyes and the end of her lips slightly curls upwards in the way you did when you felt annoyed by someone (okay, I’m a bad explainer).

“Okay, are you mad at me now?” there was no response, even after a few minutes there was just silence occupied them. Jihyo felt dejected and turned her body to face the front, her gaze were focused on the view outside the window. It seemed like their date has been ruined by their childish behavior. I was a ride filled with silence until Kai whispered something to Jihyo.

“Look who’s sulking now?” Kai smirked when Jihyo jumped a bit on her seat. Feeling so irritated, Jihyo swiftly turned her head to Kai, planning on giving him a deadly glare. However, that plan did not work out well as their face became a few centimeters apart and both of them froze. Kai’s smirk disappeared and Jihyo’s eyes were twice wide. Suddenly, like a magic, Kai leaned closer and planted a kiss on Jihyo’s soft lips. They kissed for a few minutes until Kai broke it. He stares at the blank looking Jihyo.

“Hmm, it tastes strawberry,” Kai commented which made Jihyo lifted her head to find Kai’s gaze but at the end she was blushed so hard when Kai presented a killer smile to her. Jihyo mentally cursed the smiling young man in front of her.

“I hate you.”

“Well, I love you,” Kai answered back with a smirk attached on his face which successfully made Jihyo’s annoyed meter to the maximum. Luckily, for Jihyo, the bus arrived at their destination right after Kai’s confession. She ogled towards Kai with the corner of her eyes, and then she stood up from her seat, walking towards the bus’ exit. Kai followed after, the small smile never left his handsome face. Jihyo intentionally walked faster ahead because she did not want to face Kai for a moment. Jihyo did not even look at him when Kai called her name. She kept a façade stoic face when Kai finally managed to grip her hand.

“What?” she asked nonchalantly, there was a hint of not satisfied feeling through Jihyo’s eyes. Now, Kai could feel that he was at fault for teasing her.

“Look, I’m sorry. Today should be the one of the happiest and memorable day in our life since it’s our first date,” Kai paused to take a deep breath before continuing his sentence. He was so serious now, that Jihyo could tell. “I just want today to be perfect for both of us. So, I’m sorry if I irritate you. Please don’t be mad.”

“Kai…” Jihyo could only whispered it though as she was trying not to shed tears in front of the public. She could clearly saw the sincerity in Kai’s eyes. She thought that all the small quarrels and sulking thing was just a simple joke both of the created. She never knew that Kai would take her acting as a real thing. Looking at Kai’s guilty, pitiful face, Jihyo could not help herself from jumped to Kai and wrapped her hands around his neck. Startled by the action, Kai did not do anything and just let Jihyo cling on him. He could feel flowers were blooming around him.

“Thank you for your sincerity. Let’s go in and have some fun,” Jihyo broke the hug after nearly 3 minutes, one of the reason was some people were watching at them which embarrassed her. Kai responded to her with a small smile while taking her hand into his. He clasped their hand together by joining their fingers; Kai’s long fingers fit perfectly with Jihyo’s pretty structured fingers.

“Let’s have so much fun today, okay?” Jihyo nodded, feeling content at Kai’s question. The walked hand in hand happily as if their little fights earlier were never happened.

~

~

“Oh My God!!! What is that?!” Jihyo shrieked as a creepy bigger build figure appeared in front of them, that unknown figure seemed to be holding some weapon, which was of course fake one, on its hand. Kai kept his cool face, trying to look masculine as ever in front of his girl. However, deep inside the eerie sensation was killing him mentally. Jihyo’s hand never leaves the Kai’s forearm since the first step they entered the ghost house which was designed like a big mansion with different level. Kai cursed himself for agreeing on Jihyo’s thoughtless dare. He could do or agree on anything but not anything related to supernatural/ paranormal thing. But, since this time it was Jihyo’s request or more accurately, Jihyo’s dare him, he could not say “No” to it. Why? Well, of course because he loved her so much that he could do anything for her, yes, anything- including forgot about his fear and barged in to the darkness where some man disguise in different types of monsters and ghosts. Much to his dislike.

“Kai, are you okay? You don’t seem so good,” Jihyo looked concerned well from what Kai heard from the wave of her voice, it gave a hint of worried. Though she could not look clearly Kai’s face in the darkness, she could tell that Kai was scared too as his body was stiffen and his breath was uneven.

“I’m fine, don’t worry much. I just want to get out from here as soon as possible. I started to feel my head is throbbing,” Kai was serious when he said his head was aching. It was all the effect from the screaming made by Jihyo and him (a little… ehem), with the addition of the sudden surprised by the fake ghost and the sound effect that could nearly made people deaf.

“No need to worry, I’ll will find our way out soon. So, bear with me, okay?” Jihyo sounds as if she was a Wonder Woman trying to rescue Kai out from the darkness of the ghost house. Kai’s lips turned to a small smile since he got a headache, he could only do that. Kai found that Jihyo was cute at that time.

“Thanks.”

 

Kai vomited as soon as they got out from the ghost house, much to Kai’s relief because he could not endure the urge to throw the unpleasant feeling in his stomach. Kai bend over at the nearest bush, coughing as he tried to clear his throat from the bad tastes in his throat. Jihyo patted and rubbed circles at his back gently with mixed feelings of guilt and excitement with a teaspoon of embarrassment as some of the passerby watched intensely at them.

“Ugh, I swear I’ll never go in there again. Ever,” Kai said exaggeratedly, which made Jihyo burst into a soft laugh.

“At least this is not the worst date. Ever,” Jihyo smiled, nonetheless there was a mixture of sarcasm in her sentences which made Kai lifted his head and stared at Jihyo.

“Are you mocking me?” he squinted his eyes on her. Jihyo really did enjoy it.

“Awh, of course not. Let’s go home now, we need to be home before dinner,” Jihyo dragged Kai with her while the latter move his body lazily as all his energy was used up from running away, screaming and shock from the ghost attack.

 

They were in the bus, both feeling worn out after all the activities they did at the amusement park. Jihyo fell asleep at the middle of the journey. Kai glanced to his side as he did not hear any chattering from Jihyo’s mouth and he found the deeply asleep Jihyo. He moved his hand to Jihyo’s head to bring her head rest perfectly on his broad shoulder. Kai kissed Jihyo’s temple softly, not wanting to awake the sleeping girl.

“Thank you for today,” Kai whispered to Jihyo’s ear and a soft kiss planted on her right hand, on the back of her hand. The journey back home was filled with silence but both of them felt so content as if there were no one or anything would separate them apart. Kai still kept Jihyo’s hand in his until they arrived at the bus stop near Jihyo’s apartment complex.

“Jihyo, wake up. We’re arrived,” Kai gently patted Jihyo’s shoulder. The young lady squinted her sleepy eyes and lifted her head from Kai’s comfy shoulder. Kai stood from his seat since Jihyo was seated near the window and he was at the middle.

 

As the got out from the bus, they walked hand in hand to the apartment complex. Jihyo glanced at her watch, it shows quarter past five. She felt relief in herself because they managed to arrive home before her mother did. They went in Jihyo’s apartment block and went straight to the elevator. Kai pressed the up button with his left hand’s pointer finger while the other hand were still fixed attached to Jihyo’s. They hummed the same song while waiting for the elevator to make the ding sound.

Ding!

Both of them looked at the opened elevator with nobody inside it. They stepped in and again, Kai pressed the button with number 5 shown on it. They stood closer to each other, silence accompanying the trip to the fifth floor. However, the smile on their face did not fade instead the smile became wider as the time goes by. When the ding sound was heard once again, Jihyo and Kai stepped out from the elevator and walked to Jihyo’s apartment place. Jihyo key in the password on the keypad in order to opened the door. When they finally in, Jihyo was going into the kitchen to have a glass of water and Kai followed her from behind. Jihyo moved to the cabinet where she placed the glasses and mugs then she went to the fridge to get the jug of water.

In the meantime, Kai was looking at her while leaning on the counter, gazing every movement Jihyo made with love. While Jihyo was pouring the water to her glass, Kai walked towards her and hugged Jihyo from the back which shocked her a bit but also made her happy. Kai place his chin on Jihyo’s right shoulder and she put down the jug on the table. Jihyo could feel a tingling feeling when Kai kissed her neck.

“Kai stopped it. It’s ticklish,” Jihyo giggled and tried to shrug Kai away from her. Yet, it did not make Kai stopped; he moved to Jihyo’s ear and whispered something to her. And suddenly…

“Ehem…!!!”

Oh no, there was a trouble. Jihyo and Kai flinched due to the sudden disruption which was actually…

Song Jihyo’s

Mom!

 

~TO BE CONTINUED~

bye bye for now~


Finally, I finished with this chap. I hope I can finish this story as soon as possible. Sorry guys for making all of you wait for so so looooooong... school's work and some test just did not let me continue my writing. I find some time to update this. Hope this chap isn't boring like hell... Sorry again...

Excuse me for my grammar and language mistakes... or some bad words usage