Chapter 21

Love Me Now

Kai was watching his favorite cartoon, SpongeBob Squarepants. He glued his eyes on the TV screen, not even care about his surroundings. But not until there were sounds escaped from his tummy. He looked down to his tummy and rubbed his right hand on it.

“I think it’s time for dinner,” Kai got up from his seat and headed to the kitchen lazily. He opened the medium-sized fridge and scanning through the ingredients for his dinner in it.

“Hmm, what should I cook for dinner?” well, actually Kai was not a good chef. It’s not a surprise though, because he was the one and only grandson of one of the richest businessman in Korea. So, practically, everything that he wanted to eat would be prepared by his butler (there’s only butler in their mansion cause Kai doesn’t like having a maid).

“Should I just order a pizza?” Kai gave up on thinking what he should cook and closed the fridge’s door. He slipped out his phone from his pants’ pocket. Before he could pressed the ‘call’ button, the door-bell ringing which means Kai has a guest. He walked away from the kitchen and went to the main door.

“Who is it?” Kai asked as he walked nearer to the door.                   

“It’s me~ Jong Suk,” a male voice behind the door squeaking happily. Kai rolled his eyes in annoyance as he heard Jong Suk’s voice.

“What do you want?” Kai asked Jong Suk with a stoic face after he opened the door.

“OH MY GOD!!! Seriously, stop giving me that hideous face of yours. People will thought you as a monster,” Jong Suk pushed Kai’s face aside and walked into the medium-sized apartment. Now, there were three people that labelled Kai as hideous with his annoyed face/angry face,

First, Song Jihyo

Second, Suho

Third, Jong Suk

Kai followed Jong Suk to the kitchen with his annoyed face. Meanwhile in the kitchen, Jong Suk was arranging some stuff, in fact ingredients on the kitchen counter. Kai looked at the ingredients on the counter and Jong Suk back to back confusedly.

“What are you doing?” Kai asked as if he could not understand what was going on. Jong Suk lifted his head to face Kai with both of his hand on his waist. Jong Suk put his -face on while looking at Kai.

“Can’t you tell? Of course I’m getting the ingredients for my cooking. Now, give me the apron,” Jong Suk instructed Kai which Kai followed obediently, still feeling confused. He hand the apron to Jong Suk and sat on the chair near the counter.

“So, you’re going to cook for me?” Kai asked again. Jong Suk nodded his head while putting on the apron. He took a quick glance at Kai which had an obvious disappointed face on. Jong Suk smile and turned to the sink to wash his hands.

“Well, sorry to disappoint you. I’m not some hot and y es that you expect to come. I’m just an awesome and hot doctor, Lee Jong Suk,” he said out the last sentence proudly. Kai who was been listening to the whole sentences was trying to resist the urge to throw the chicken to Jong Suk’s head.

“Hey, don’t equate my purely brain with your erted brain,” Kai shot a deathly glare at Jong Suk’s back.

“Whatever. The fact is all men in this world have a freaking erted brain. Oh, except for Dr Han. Man, that guy was seriously creeps me out. How can he be so cold towards creatures called pretty and y women? I would not say that he was 100% avoid any skin ship with women,” Jong Suk paused for a moment and took a deep breath before he continued. “or saying that he was a gay. He was just… weird. You should see the way he shot a stare at me. Man, that stare could kill me if there was a laser associated with it.”

Jong Suk shook his head and trembled in fear at the thought of a man named Dr Han Jae Joon. He was back to reality when he did not hear any response from Kai. Usually, Kai would try to stop him midway from his never-ending blabbering. He wondered what happened to Kai. So, he turned around and found a sleeping Kai. That young man placed his head on the counter with his arms as a pillow.

“This kid; I’ve been talking so much and he didn’t even listened to me,” Jong Suk shook his head at Kai who was mumbling some inaudible words. Jong Suk turned back to his job and continued cooking for their dinner.

 

-After the meal-

The boys were sitting on the couch comfortably after the delicious dinner made by Jong Suk. Even Kai praised Jong Suk’s cooking, well only in his mind. He was too ego to said any words of gratitude to his so-called frienemy. However, Jong Suk knew that Kai liked his cooking from the younger’s expression. And besides, Jong Suk already knew he was multi-capable in everything.

(Proud-looking Jong Suk)

“You know, you really hurt my head so much. I blame you if I have a brain concussion,” Kai said directly to Jong Suk but his eyes still on the TV screen. They were watching a drama that Jihyo would always enjoyed after dinner.

“Hello, don’t blame me for that. You’re the one who slept like a log. I almost thought that you’re dead. I’ve been calling you for a hundred times,” Jong Suk said, exaggerating at the last part. He actually just called Kai for three times. Earlier, after Jong Suk had finished his cooking, he tried to wake Kai up but to no avail. Kai was a deep sleeper. So, the older last attempt was to knock Kai’s head with the back of his soup ladle.

“Whatever,” the younger rolled his eyes in annoyance at Jong Suk’s overreaction. They kept silent paid their attention fully on the TV screen. Neither of them was making any single noise until the sound of the door clicking opened diverted their attention from the TV screen. Both of them looked at the entrance simultaneously.

“I’m home~” Jihyo figure was seen standing at the entrance. Jong Suk gave a ‘welcome home’ smile to her while Kai stood up and walking towards her. She was drinking a glass of water in the kitchen and suddenly, Kai appeared in front of her.

“AH! You scared me. What do you want?” Jihyo rubbed her chest where her heart was pounding like crazy against her chest.

“Uhm, sorry. I was… uh… How was the party?” Kai managed to say it even though it was not what he was trying to say. Meanwhile, Jong Suk who was watching from the couch could only shake his head.

“Good. I have fun. Why?” Jihyo shot a questioning look to Kai who was looking down on the floor.

“Uh, so, did you… did you met someone? I mean… some new guys or…” Kai’s words trailed off and he received a confused look from Jihyo.

“You mean, did I found someone that I like?” she threw another question for Kai’s question. The latter just nodded his head and looked at Jihyo with anticipated expression.

“Okay, first of all, there were only girls in the party and second, even if there’s many handsome and rich men there, I would not even fell for them, okay?” Jihyo washed her glass and leave Kai alone in the kitchen. There was again, a silence. Jong Suk trailed Jihyo’s steps with his eyes and when she was disappeared from his view, he turned to Kai’s back.

“Hey kid,” Jong Suk called out but there was no answer from the younger. Five minutes later, Kai turned around and walked towards the couch. He sat down beside Jong Suk with unreadable expression.

“She said that she didn’t meet anyone. That means I still have the chance to make her fall for me,” Kai mumbled to himself while smiling. The older man beside him was looking at him strangely.

“Oh God, is he crazy now?” Jong Suk stared at Kai face closely which later received a slap on the face from Kai. Jong Suk fell down on the floor and rolled to the corner of the room.

“What are you looking at? ert!” Kai returned to his normal self. The evil, stoic, and harsh Kai.

“Whyyyy..?? My precious face. AND I’M NOT A ERT…! Of course not with men,” and of course the last one was whispered. He rubbed his abused face and tried to get up.

 

-The next morning-

“Kai wake up. Hurry… wake up,” Jihyo moved Kai’s body and shook it to the right and left. She even sent him a flying kick to wake him up. Kai opened his eyes slightly at the rough ‘good morning’ call. After he got fully awake, he looked at Jihyo blankly.

“Why?” He asked with his husky morning voice. It was weekend and there was no school, so he wanted to sleep more. Jihyo widened her eyes and arms akimbo, glowered at Kai.

“You promised me to go groceries-shopping with me. You forgot again?” Jihyo raised her left eyebrows when she saw Kai widened his eyes as if remembering something important.

“Oh ,” Kai jumped off his bed and speedily headed to the bathroom. Jihyo just shook her head and let out a sigh.

“This boy will never gonna change,” she thought as she tidy up Kai’s disaster-looking bed.

 

-At the department store-

“Can you push the trolley for me?” Jihyo asked while pushing the trolley to Kai.

“Sure,” he placed both of his hand on the trolley’s grip and pushed the trolley beside Jihyo. They were strolling around the different sections in the department store. Kai was humming to the song that was played on the department store’s speaker while Jihyo was looking at the goods on her hand, comparing the quality with the other product.

“What do you think is better? Lavender scent or rose scent?” Jihyo asked, facing Kai with the two bottle of shower gel on her hands. Kai stopped his humming and paid attention to the product on Jihyo’s hand.

“Hmm, I love the one that you always use. I like the scent so, I think… rose is better,” Kai said with a smile not just a simple smile but it was more beautiful.

     

However, as he diverted his eyes to Jihyo, her face were flushed as a red rose.

“Oh no. I’m so stupid. Now, she’ll think that I’m a real ert,” Kai knock his head and looked at Jihyo with a hint of concern.

“Uhm, Jihyo? I didn’t…” Kai’s words were interrupted by Jihyo.

“I didn’t know… that you noticed the scent of my shower gel. Even Min Jung didn’t know,” Jihyo looked at Kai amusedly. Now, it was Kai’s turn to be dumbfounded.

“Wait, wait. You didn’t accuse me as a ert?” Kai questioned the smiling Jihyo.

“What? Of course no. For me, it’s was a romantic thing that a guy noticed what perfume or shower gel that his girl was using,” Jihyo said dreamily. “…and I think it shows that the guy really loves the girl,” Jihyo continued. The truth was Jihyo actually blushed not because of the fact that Kai noticed her scent but the real reason she blushed was because of his smile. It was so beautiful and different from the usual smile he always had. She did not even know why she felt her heart hammering so fast against her chest when Kai flashed that smile.

“Okay, you really have a weird sense of romance,” Kai commented while tilting his head to the right a bit.

“Hey, you’re lucky I didn’t charge you as a ert,” Jihyo remarked with her eyes narrowing at Kai.

“Okay, okay. I’m sorry,” Kai gave in and presented Jihyo an apologetic face. Jihyo laughed softly and her face returned to the soft and sweet face. Kai was glad that Jihyo did not sulk for too long. Precisely, Jihyo was not the kind of girl who always got sulky at simple things, even if she does; it was only for a short time.

“Okay, then, I’ll go with the rose scent,” Jihyo placed the rose scent shower gel with an extra bacteria protection (hey, we need to care about hygiene too) into the trolley and went to other section. Kai tagged along behind Jihyo, watching every action she did and smile every time Jihyo made a funny serious face while scanning at the products in front of her.

“Hey Kai, let’s buy a new toothbrush,” Jihyo said excitedly. Kai just nodded at Jihyo’s suggestion.

“Hmm, this pink and blue package is better or green and red?” Jihyo showed Kai two different package of a couple toothbrush. Kai eyed Jihyo with his widened eyes, as if he did not believe what was happening.

“So?” She questioned again, slowly while waving the package in front of Kai. He was back to reality and stared at the packages.

“Isn’t this a couple package?” Kai asked with his confused look.

“I know that. I can read, duh. It’s cheaper buying like this than buying separately,” Jihyo still had her attention at the various colored toothbrush hanging on the display holder.

“So, I’m asking for the third time, which one do you like?” Jihyo diverted her eyes from the display and faced Kai.

“Well, I think I like pink and blue better,” Kai pointed to the pink and blue toothbrushes package. Jihyo just nodded her head and placed the unwanted package back to the display holder while the other to the trolley.

After they had all their needs in the trolley, Jihyo and Kai moved to the cashier. They really looked like a newlywed who was buying some stuff for their new house. There were some pairs of eyes watching at the couple with jealousy at how happy they were.

Kai really hoped that both of them could always have the sweet moment together without Jong Suk meddling between them or the stupid trio who was always tagging along. He glanced at Jihyo who had a beautiful smile pasted on her face. Jihyo sensed that someone kept staring at her so, she turned around and her eyes met with Kai. They kept looking at each other, as if they were lost in their own world until,

“…Miss. Hello, miss,” the cashier had ruined the moment and Jihyo looked away from Kai, feeling embarrassed while the latter still focusing on his love. “This is your total payment miss,” the cashier said with a lovely smile. She was so envious of the female customer in front of her for having someone handsome as a boyfriend and he loved Jihyo so much (which truthfully, they were not a couple, yet).

When they finished shopping, they went back to Jihyo’s car and drove back home. On the way to the apartment, Jihyo’s phone ringtone echoed in the car. She immediately picked up the phone call while her eyes still focusing on the road. Kai looked at Jihyo beside him with a questionable look.

“Hello, Song Jihyo speaking. Who is this?” after hearing the caller’s voice and reply, Jihyo’s eyes became twice bigger, luckily her eyeballs did not popped out.

 

~TO BE CONTINUED~ 


I'm really really sorry for the late update. AFF didn't let me add a new chapter to my story. I hope you enjoy this chapter.

You are free to comment if you have any opinions, advices or complaints about this chapter. Forgive me if there's any grammar/language mistake and any harsh/bad words.