Chapter 14

Love Me Now

All the four young men were sitting together and were whispering something which made Jihyo curious about it. She was so confused by their Kai’s attitude. Earlier, he was so mad at the three guests but now, he quickly changed to a friendly mode.

“Hmm, maybe he learned how to listen to someone older,” Jihyo whispered to herself. She chopped the chicken that she bought earlier and hummed a song.

“Now, I got three more boys in my life. What a weird day? And who is this Kim Jongin they were looking for?” Jihyo pouted her lips and wondered about the unknown Kim Jongin.

Meanwhile, the boys were..

“Now, explain!”

“Well, actually we were given an order by your grandfather. Young Master please return home,” Chanyeol pleaded Kai who was giving him a frowning face.

“Ssshhh, don’t talk too loud or she would heard us,” Kai stared Chanyeol who immediately nodded to him as a response.

“But Young Master, do you know this girl personally? Does she know your real identity?” Sehun whispered the questions to Kai.

“Well, I just met her. The first time I met her was last week. And she doesn’t know anything about my family background,” Kai answered them in a low audible voice. Sehun and Chanyeol stared at each other.

“But why?” they asked Kai another question. He groaned in frustration.

“I just met her and I don’t know her well at that time. Besides, I was running towards her car and this happened to me,” Kai showed them his bandaged leg and let out a big sighed.

“Oh my, you should called your home Young Master. You’re lucky that she was a nice girl,” Chanyeol looked at Kai with a concerned look.

“I didn’t have my phone with me at that time. Anyway, stop asking me too many questions. Oh, and one more thing, DON’T TELL HER ANYTHING ABOUT MY FAMILY OR MY REAL IDENTITY, UNDERSTAND?” Kai said the last sentence in a low voice but it sounded really threatening to the three young butlers.

“But how should we do about your grandfather’s order? We need to bring you back” Chanyeol became confused now. He could not accomplish any command given to him. As a butler, he felt so useless. Kai looked at him with his dull eyes.

“Don’t worry about it. I’ll explain to him later. Now, all you need to do is never tell her anything about grandpa, my family background and my real identity,” the three butlers nodded their head as an answer.

“Never tell me about what?” all of the boys were startled when they heard Jihyo’s voice behind them. One by one, they turned their head to see Jihyo was crossing her arms on her chest, still wearing her apron on her slim body. She shot them a doubtful look and they gave her a sheepishly smile.

“Kai, you’re making another trouble again? What did you do this time? Do you know all this guys? Are you hiding something from me?” Kai eyes widened as Jihyo threw tons of questions to him. But it was not Kai who answered it.

“No no no no… We didn’t know each other, right?" Chanyeol hit Sehun’s elbow with his while still looking straight to Jihyo’s direction. Sehun who received the hint, played along.

“Oh yeah, yeah. He’s not the one that we’re looking for. We were just talking about…” Sehun’s words did not come out, seemed like he was lost with ideas to lie as Jihyo narrowed her eyes to him. At the end, he hit Kyungsoo’s elbow anxiously which made Kyungsoo suddenly raised up and went near Jihyo. Kai and the others, as well as Jihyo was surprised by Kyungsoo sudden action. He whispered something to Jihyo which made Kai to perspired nervous sweat.

Jihyo suddenly looked at Kai in unbelievable look and her brows met as if she was mad at him. Now, Kai felt like he was being dehydrated from sweating so much. Kyungsoo moved away from Jihyo and stood beside Sehun who was looking at him without blinking. No one could read Kyungsoo’s face which was expressionless.

“Uhmm, Ji.. Jihyo, what.. What did he told you?” Kai stuttered with his words from the nervousness. Did Kyungsoo tell Jihyo the truth?

“ert. Hmph,” Jihyo shot a death glare to Kai, she looked really angry before stomping away to the dining table. “Dinner’s ready, let’s eat,” she continued angrily.

Kai was standing between Chanyeol and Sehun, dumbfounded by the first word that came out of Jihyo’s mouth. “ert,” that words kept replaying in his mind. Then, he paid his attention to the emotionless Kyungsoo.

“What exactly did you tell her?” Kyunsoo turned to Kai while Chanyeol and Sehun were leaving them behind and went to the dining table. They did not want to get in to trouble.

“Don’t worry Young Master, I didn’t tell her the truth,” Kyungsoo assured his master but his expression did not changed.

“Then, what did you tell her? She looks so angry to me,” Kai was relief that Kyungsoo did not tell the truth but at the same time he felt curious on what Kyungsoo told Jihyo. He looked at Do Kyungsoo with anticipated eyes.

“I tell her that you told us about how y her body was every time she came out from the bathroom and also when she was sleeping in her bedroom,” Kyungsoo told Kai spontaneously without even blinking his eyes. His big round eyes just reflect that he was innocent in this case.

 It was Kai who made them to lie, and that fact made Kai felt a mixed feeling. Honestly, he felt bitter by Kyungsoo’s lie to Jihyo but at least he felt relief that his secret was not known by Jihyo.

However, Kai’s jaw dropped when he heard Kyunsoo’s answer. He could not believe that Kyungsoo made such a lie to protect his secret. There was no words came out from his mouth to describe how surprised he was. Now, Jihyo would think of him in other perspective.

“How can you do this to me Do Kyungsoo? I’m your master.”

And at that moment, when Kai was busy with his own thought, Do Kyungsoo had left him all alone. He was enjoying the food prepared by Jihyo. He looks so innocent..

 

-After the hectic night with Chanyeol, Kyungsoo and Sehun-

“Finally, they’re gone,” Kai let out a big sigh. He plopped his body on the comfy single-sized bed. He looked dreamily at the ceiling. 

"Haaah... I should call grandpa. I almost forgot," Kai sat up as he remember about his promise to Chanyeol earlier. He dialed his grandfather's phone number and waited for a few minutes. Then, a voice that he always respected greeted him.

"Jongin, are you my grandson Jongin?" the old man spoke, almost did not believe himself that he was talking to his grandson. Kai let out a soft chuckled.

"Yes, grandpa. It's me your one and only grandson," Kai knew his grandfather missed him so much, actually, he also missed his grandfather but he could not go home now. He would not leave, not until he knew what he really felt about Jihyo.

"I missed you Jongin. Why you did not come home, boy? Please come back home."

"I'm sorry grandpa. I will come  back but not now. I have a mission to do. And don't worry about me too much. I'm fine and I still went to school," Kai explained every detail about his condition to his grandfather. He knew his grandfather worried much about where he was right now but could not tell his grandfather that he lived with a girl. His grandfather would die from a heartattack if he knew that.

That night, he talked to his grandfather for hours. Finally, he got permission to live outside of his grandfather mansion with one rule. The three butlers would keep an eye on him and visit him everyday. At first, Kai rejected his grandfather proposal but he was defeated at the end. He ended his phone call with his grandfather with a good night greetings.

"Huh, I'm stuck with those three morons. At least, grandpa didn't asked them to live with me," Kai laid on the bed with both of his hand spread wide, still looking dreamily at the ceiling. Suddenly, he remembered Jihyo's date with Jong Suk. He could not wait any longer. He was curious about what Jihyo felt towards Jong Suk.

As he kept thinking about those two, his eyes slowly became sleepy and he fell asleep.