Chapter 19

Love Me Now

They sat together at the dining table, with silence conquering the room. Jihyo shove in the meat into while looking at the strange Kai. Then, she turned her head to the calm Jong Suk who was enjoying his food. Jihyo turned her attention back to Kai. He was staring at Jong Suk mindlessly with his right hand was holding his chopstick which was held near his mouth.

“Uhmm… Kai, why are you looking at Jong Suk like that?” Jihyo could not help but asked Kai about his weird attitude. Kai immediately turned to Jihyo with his lifeless face.

“Uh… what’s wrong about me?” Kai asked Jihyo blankly. She shook her head at Kai’s reaction. As Jihyo did not gave the answer to Kai’s stupid question, he turned back to face in front of him which was Jong Suk’s direction (as he sat in front of Kai and beside Jihyo). At the same time, Jong Suk lifted his head from his bowl of rice. Kai was startled that his eyes met with Jong Suk’s sharp eyes. Jong Suk stared directly to Kai’s dark brown iris (actually I don’t even know his eye color. oppsie).

After Jong Suk noticed that Kai was startled by their sudden eyes-meeting, he tried to tease Kai by presenting a wink to him. And that action made Kai dropped his chopstick on the table with his mouthed hanged open. Jihyo was surprised by the sound of chopstick fell on the table. Jong Suk smirked teasingly while looking at the panicked young man, Kai.

“Kai, are you sure you’re okay? Because your face is suddenly pale,” Jihyo sounds worried now. Kai just nodded to Jihyo’s question.

“Hmm, I think I should do a check-up on him. Moreover, I’m his doctor and I wanted to check his leg also. Maybe he have a fever if we look at his pale face,” Jong Suk suggested as his ate his rice. Hearing that suggestion, Jihyo nodded in agreement while Kai widened his eyes in terror at the words “check-up”. Kai glanced slowly to Jong Suk who was back to his eating feast. Kai gulped when he saw Jong Suk his upper lip which looked seductively on purpose in Kai’s eyes.

 

After the meal…

Kai dashed off to his bedroom. He plopped himself on the bad and leaned his back on the bed’s board. He looked at his plastered leg and he suddenly remembered Jong Suk’s words about check-up. Then the vision of the scene when Jong Suk whispered something to him appeared.

~FLASHBACK~

“I am…” and Jong Suk moved closer to Kai.

“…a gay,” he whispered causing Kai to be blank. “I like men more than I like women,” he continued and move away from Kai. Then, Jihyo came to call them for dinner.

~END OF FLASHBACK~

After that, suddenly a vision of Kai was examined by Jong Suk appeared out of nowhere.

THE SCENE IN KAI’S IMAGINATION:

“Open up your shirt Kai. How can I examine you if I couldn’t listen to your heart beat clearly,” Jong Suk sounds normally but the way he putted his sentence sounds freaking seductive. However, Kai followed his doctor suggestion. He removed his shirt and….

“I’ve told you I liked men,” Jong Suk pushed Kai on the comfy bed. Their face was so close, only a few inches away. Kai freaked out but he did not know why he could not move his body. Then, Jong Suk leaned closer to him, attempting to kiss him. Kai’s eyes widened and he tried to break out from Jong Suk’s grip but with the taller man on top of him it suddenly became difficult.

“I’m not gay. I’m not gay. I love woman, I don’t love men. I love SONG JIHYO not LEE JONG SUK!!!” Kai screamed in his mind while Jong Suk nearly kissed him. He pushed Jong Suk away with all his might and said,

“I LOVE SONG JIHYO…!!!”

End of scene…

“Wait, wait… What did I just said? I love Jihyo?” Kai shook his head. “This is absurd,” he stubbornly denied the fact that he loved Song Jihyo. He pulled the blanket at the end of his bed and hid under it.

“Uuhh, I think I might really get a fever,” Kai muttered under the thick blanket. As he cuddling with his blanket, he could hear the creak sound of the door being opened by someone. Kai does not have any intention to look at the visitor.

“What are you doing under the blanket?” Kai shuddered when he heard the voice. “Hiding?” that voice asked again.

“Wha.. what do you… want?” he stammered with a blend of annoyance in his voice. The latter walked closer to Kai’s bed and pulled his blanket. Kai was shocked and looking straightly at the lanky guy in front of him which obviously Jong Suk.

He gave Kai a smile but only received a shocked reaction from Kai. Then, he decided to stop the whole play as he saw Kai’s funny yet pitiful nervous face. Jong Suk burst into laughter which made Kai made a confused face.

“Okay, okay, I can’t hold it anymore,” Kai jumped his shoulder a bit when he caught every single word that came out from Jong Suk’s mouth.

“Hold up, is he going to do something to me?” Kai’s mind goes wild again. Jong Suk noticed Kai’s unreadable expression but he knew that Kai was thinking something “inappropriate”. Naughty Kai.

“Whoah… woah… hold your horses there boy. Don’t start imagining something inappropriate,” Kai was driven back to reality by Jong Suk’s words. And he blushed because Jong Suk’s deduction was 100% correct. He made a small pout and looked away from Jong Suk in embarrassment.

“Okay, listen, actually I was just joking about I’m being gay. I’m totally straight and I loved a woman named Song Jihyo,” Jong Suk admitted with his arms fell to his sides after he finished talking. Kai brought his attention back to Jong Suk when he caught Jihyo’s name.

“He loved Jihyo?” Kai thought and out of the blue, his heart gave a jolt to his body. It  was what people called heartache.

“But, you don’t have to worry. She didn’t share the same feelings, so you can start your mission on making her in love with you,” Jong Suk said calmly as if it was fine with him that Jihyo did not reply his love call. He sat on Kai’s bed while looking blankly at Kai’s speechless expression.

“Are you serious?” Jong Suk gave a nod at Kai’s question.

“I’ll help you since I don’t really like Jihyo stuck with that Jinwoon bastard,” Jong Suk nodded his head on his decision as approval. Kai turned his head away from Jong Suk while thinking about the offer until he recalled something.

“Wait a sec, I didn’t tell you that I’m interested in Jihyo,” Kai looked back to Jong Suk with his brows met. However, Jong Suk just scoffed at Kai’s sentence.

“Duh~ everyone knows you fall in love with her, you silly. I can tell it from your action. Pft…” Jong Suk shook his head in disbelief and rolled his eyeballs at Kai’s slowness in processing the whole situation. After the whole conversation with Jong Suk that night, Kai was kept thinking about his feelings towards Jihyo. Jong Suk said that he had to leave because the hospital needed him more than Kai do. He said that Kai was seriously mad and also lovesick which he really needed a love doctor.

“Hey how’s Kai?” Jihyo popped out from the kitchen while wiped her hands on the apron.

“Oh, he’s fine. Kai’s leg will get better maybe in two or three more days. His healing process is faster than I thought. So, I’ll get going now,” Jong Suk smiled while packing his things. Jihyo looked disappointed with Jong Suk’s leaving.

“So soon? We dan’t have the chance to chat,” Jihyo whined and upset with the idea.

“Hey, we still have tomorrow. I have some work to do at the hospital. Oh, and don’t argue too much with that kid. You’ll stress up. See ya~” Jong Suk gave Jihyo a hug and kissed her forehead which was a best friend kiss. Jihyo closed her eyes and cherished the moment before Jong Suk pulled away.

“Bye,” Jihyo said and waved to her best friend before closing the door.

 

-After a month they lived together-

“Good morning Miss Jihyo,” Jihyo was greeted with a grinning Park Chanyeol and his other two substitute. Now, Jihyo felt really weird that the three weirdoes in front of her would visit her house every once or sometimes twice a week. Not that Jihyo really care because, they seemed to be friend with Kai and they were nice guys except for their odd attitude, sometimes.

“Oh, you guys come again,” Jihyo forced a smile. It not like she did not want them to come but she had to cook more breakfast. And that means, their stock became fewer (FYI Jihyo is stingy sometimes). Before Jihyo could invited them in, they were already walked into the living room innocently. Jihyo could only shake her head.

“KAI~ your friends is here,”Jihyo shouted from the kitchen which made the trio jumped a bit due to shock.

A few minutes later, Kai was seen with his white and blue t-shirt along with his short pants. The plaster that wrapped his leg was now gone and he could walk properly. However, his deal with Jihyo about he would go from Jihyo's aprtment after his leg got better has been forgotten.

~FLASHBACK~

“Now that your leg got better, you promised me that you will leave right,” Jihyo stared at Kai’s poker face. They were sitting at the dining table, facing each other.

“But, I don’t want to go back plus I don’t even know where my house is. Just let me stayed here. We’re already felt comfortable living together, right?” Kai pleaded Jihyo with his puppy eyes.

However, Jihyo tried to push it away because she did not liked the idea of staying together with Kai for the rest of her life. The reason was, she felt there was something wrong with her heart every time she spend her time alone with Kai.

“No Kai. How about your parents? They must be looking for you,” Jihyo tried to find excuses in order to kick Kai out from his apartment. Then, suddenly, his expression changed.

“Oh great. Now what? Did I say something wrong?” Jihyo was worried now. Kai was making a gloomy face.

“I just got a call a past few days. They told me that my parents were already passed away in an accident,” he lied but actually the fact that his parents had passed away was true however it was 6 years ago when he was 12. Kai lifted his head a little and he saw Jihyo bought his lie. Her face turned sad and she sympathized to Kai’s condition. Kai lowered his head again and sticking out his tongue *merong~*. Bad Kai has surfaces but actually it was all Jong Suk’s idea. He was the mastermind.

“Luckily I have an ally,” Kai thought.

After the talk with Kai, Jong Suk had persuaded Jihyo to let Kai stayed with her. Jihyo could not win against Jong Suk who was clever in talking back to others. However, Jihyo suggested that Kai lived with Jong Suk because they were both boys. Jong Suk panicked for a while and suddenly came out with a brilliant idea.

“He can’t cause I lived with my girlfriend now,” Jong Suk finally said which made him received a “seriously?” look from Jihyo.

“Okay, fine. I let him stay here,” she gave in at the end of their argument. Jong Suk let out a relief sigh and gave Kai who was hiding behind the walls an okay sign. Well, Jong Suk and Kai has become a partner in crime.

~END OF FLASHBACK~

Now, they were sitting together at the dining table, eating their breakfast peacefully. Kai secretly glanced to Jihyo who was feeding a mouthful of rice and seaweed into . Kai smile unknowingly at Jihyo’s eating style.

“Maybe, I really did love this girl. Song Jihyo. Just wait for it Jihyo, I’m going to steal your heart.”

 

 

~TO BE CONTINUED~


Yeay~ Finally, chapter 19. I hope it's not so boring. Teehee.

Okay, i'm afraid that I couldn't finished this story T-T. Comment if you have any opinion, advices or dislike in this chapter. I'll appreciate it. Tq everyone, i love you guys ;)