Chapter 15

Love Me Now

-So the story continues and skipped to Sunday. It’s finally Sunday-

 KRIIINGG… KRIIINGG…!!!

Jihyo groaned and reached the alarm clock lazily on her small cupboard near her bed. She rubbed her eyes a few times until she could clearly see the numbers on the round alarm clock.

8.30 a.m

“Oh ,” Jihyo jumped off from her bed and grabbed her towel. She dashed off to the bathroom but as she twisted the door knob, the door did not open. Then, she heard Kai was singing in the bathroom, still enjoying his shower. So, truly, he deliberately did that, so Jihyo would be late for her date. He also the culprit for making Jihyo woke up late.

Last night, when Jihyo was in the toilet, he sneaked in to Jihyo’s bedroom and changed her alarm. Thus, in fact, Kai has started his mission, ‘TURN JIHYO’S DATE INTO A DISASTER’ *and there were a sound effect playing, a dramatic one* since last night.

“Kai, what are you doing in there? You’ve been showering for an hour,” it was nearly 9 o’clock and Kai was not coming out from the bathroom. Jihyo became panic and banged on the door. Kai rolled his eyes.

“It’s your fault for waking up late~” he was enjoying the moment of Jihyo’s miserable morning. After, a few minutes, and Jihyo still pounding on the door, he decided to walk out from the bathroom and besides, he was freezing now.

Jihyo heard the sound of the lock clicking. She stopped knocking and step back a bit. She crossed her arms angrily and turned her back to the bathroom door, waiting for Kai to leave the bathroom. Kai was walking out slowly from the bathroom. Now, he was glad that his leg was getting better; he does not need his crutch anymore but his leg was still in bandage. He was scrubbing his wet hair with a towel without looking at Jihyo.

Jihyo sensed that Kai was already out from the bathroom; she turned around and walked to the bathroom door. Unfortunately for Jihyo, but lucky for Kai, Jihyo was slipped as she was going to enter the bathroom. It was all Kai’s fault for making the floor wet.

“Waaaahhh…” Jihyo screamed as her landed to the hard surface of the floor. There was a big thud as the result of the fall which made Kai turned around. His eyes widened in shocked when he saw Jihyo was on the floor.

“Jihyo!! Are you okay?” Kai ran towards Jihyo and looked at her with eyes filled concern. Jihyo just nodded her head.

“Thanks to you, I hurt my , Mr Kai,” Jihyo said sarcastically which made Kai felt guilty, really guilty and he never felt so guilty before. She turned her head to face Kai who was sitting beside her, close enough to make them feel each other warm breath. Jihyo’s eyes were becoming wide as well as Kai. Their eyes met with each other and they stayed like that for five minutes. Then, a sound of phone ringing was heard from Jihyo’s room. And that sounds brought the two humans back to reality.

“Uh… Uhmm, I should answer that call,” Kai nodded and help Jihyo to stand up.

“I thought it will last forever. If only that stupid phone of her didn’t ring,” Kai was in his bedroom now, blaming the innocent, non-living phone. Meanwhile Jihyo was looking for her phone. As she found it, Jihyo looked at the caller ID, she smiled.

“Yes, Jong Suk,” Jihyo’s smile became wider when Jong Suk’s cheerful voice greeted her.

“Hey, morning princess. How’s your night? You have enough sleep?” Jihyo chuckled when she heard Jong Suk’s questions.

“Yes, Prince Lee, I had enough sleep. So, why are you calling?”

“Nothing, just checking you, whether you already awake or still asleep,” Jong Suk smiled as he listened to Jihyo’s morning voice. He was making his breakfast while talking to Jihyo on the phone. They laughed at some jokes each other told. They sound like a happy couple who were madly in love with each other.

“Okay, let’s end our conversation here. We can continue later on, I need to take a shower now. You know a woman takes a long time to get ready. And I don’t want to make you wait for me,” Jihyo tried to sound wisely. However, Jong Suk was laughing at the other side of the line.

“Okay, okay. Bye for now. Don’t miss me, see you later,” they ended the phone call and Jihyo felt flowers were blooming around her.

“She’s so cute,” Jong Suk smiled as he looked at his phone’s screen. Nevertheless, that smile faded as an image of a little girl appeared in his mind. “Should I tell her today?”

 

-Meanwhile at Kai’s room-

“Hey, I need your help today. Bring the other two,” Kai was calling Chanyeol, his butler. Because of his leg, he could not do the entire spying job. So, he called Chanyeol to be his substitute and report to him every detail of the date. Lucky for him, he could use his three butlers for this kind of job. He could never imagine how he was going to the amusement park with his plastered leg, doing the camouflage. The rate that Jihyo would notice him was 100%.

“Great, now, I just have to rely everything on Chanyeol and the other two. Hopefully they will not fail me,” Kai sighed as he played with his phone.

 

-After an hour of getting ready, Jihyo’s finally ready for her date-

“I think this will do,” Jihyo let her hair down as a final touched after several times of hairstyling. She even sent a picture to Min Jung, asking about her opinion. She looked at her reflection on the mirror for a last check. “Perfect.”

Jihyo walked out from her room and went to the living room. She saw Kai was watching the TV intensely; he did not even notice Jihyo was sitting beside him.

“You already have your breakfast?” Jihyo asked Kai, her eyes was fixed to the serious Kai. “Why is he looking so serious? It’s just Spongebob Squarepants cartoon,” Jihyo still looked at him, weirdly.

“Nah, I’m good,” his eyes still on the TV screen. Jihyo turned her head to the TV after hearing Kai’s answer. But, all of a sudden, there was a growling stomach sound. Jihyo immediately turned to Kai who was blushing. She could not hold her laughter anymore.

“Such an arrogant guy,” Jihyo scoffed and stood up from her seat. “Wait here, I’ll made sandwiches for you.”

And she went to the kitchen. At that time, Kai finally realized how beautiful Jihyo was. But unfortunately, she dressed prettily for another man.

“How about your date?” Kai asked Jihyo from the couch. Jihyo who was busy in the kitchen took a quick glance at Kai before answering his question.

“Oh, Jong Suk will fetch me. He said he's on his way but he may be a little late. So, while waiting, I decided to make your breakfast,” Jihyo answered the question while her hands were busy making the sandwiches. Kai’s attention now was at Jihyo’s solemn face. She really into cooking, well cooking was her favorite thing to do.

“Okay, your breakfast,” Jihyo placed Kai’s sandwiches and a glass of milk on the table coffee table. Kai gave a smile to her and picked up a slice of sandwich.

“Thanks,” Jihyo turned to him and smile sweetly.

“You’re welcome.”

While they were watching the TV, someone rang the doorbell. Jihyo and Kai simultaneously turned their attention to the door. She stood up and went to the door. As she opened the door, she found a smiling Jong Suk who was looking so handsome in his blue long-sleeve shirt.

Unexpectedly, the color of their shirt matches.

Jong Suk took a moment looking at how beautiful Jihyo was. Then, they eyes met with each other and both were drowning in their own world.

Meanwhile, Kai was looking at them, intensely. Flame of anger was radiating from him as he saw how Jong Suk looking at Jihyo. He could see that Jong Suk showed his love to Jihyo from his gentle eyes.

“Fine, just keep looking at each other until night. Hmph,” Kai looked away from the lovey dovey couple and enjoy his sandwich. However, now, the sandwich tasted bitter than before.

 

~TO BE CONTINUE~


I'm sorry if this chapter is not exciting enough. Plese comment your opinion about this story. I appreciate it :)