Chapter 23

Love Me Now

Both Jihyo and Kai were panicking when Mrs. Song called Jihyo from the outside.

“What should we do?” Kai whispered.

“I don’t know. Ah... hurry, hide at the veranda,” Jihyo whispered back and pulled Kai to the window. She opened the window and let Kai jumped out of the room. When kai was perfectly hidden, Jihyo swiftly went to the door and opened it.

“Yes mom, you need my help?” Jihyo smiled and presented her pearly white teeth to her mother. However, her mother just gave her a doubtful look.

“Hmm, what took you so long?” Mrs. Song asked while she still kept her eyes on her daughter.

“Wha…what? Uh… I was just…” Jihyo looked back around the room, trying to find ideas to make up a story for her mother. “…I was just tidying up this room because I never cleaned it since no one staying in this room,” she continued.

“Oh, okay,” her mother nodded, satisfied with Jihyo’s answer.

“So, why did you call me?”

“Oh, yes. I almost forgot. Your food that you cook at the kitchen seemed to be burned,” Mrs. Song told her daughter and both of them could smell a burned odor coming from the kitchen.

“Oh seriously,” the young lady groaned, frustrated. Jihyo quickly ran towards the kitchen and saved her frying pan from burning. Luckily, her kitchen was not caught into a fire scene and being the front page story on the newspapers tomorrow morning.

“How can I forget about this?” Jihyo threw away the burned fish in the medium-sized kitchen’s trash can.

That night, Jihyo had a dinner with her mother. They talked about a lot of things starting from her mother business and Jihyo’s college life until the part about Jihyo’s love life.

“So dear, do you have any boyfriend right now?” Mrs. Song asked her daughter while stuffing a meat into . Jihyo halted her movement after she heard the sensitive question.

“Uhmm, no,” JIhyo answered shortly. Mrs. Song clearly showed her surprised expression.

“What? How about that boy I met last time. What his name again? I must be too old now. Is it… Jang Jihoon? Or Jin Woojin?” and Mrs. Song kept playing quizzes with herself on guessing Jihyo’s no-longer-boyfriend. Jihyo peek her mother’s serious face which looked seriously funny.

“It’s Jung Jinwoon, mom,” Jihyo finally voice out after seeing how hard her mother tried to brainstorming about that bastard name.

“Oh, yes. I mean that boy. I thought he’s your boyfriend,” Jihyo just gave a nonchalant respond to her mom by looking down on her bowl. “Yah, I’m talking to you young lady,” this time her mother knock the table which made Jihyo immediately lifted her head due to shock.

“Ugh… mom, can we please close this topic? I don’t want to talk about him anymore,” Mrs. Song felt guilty when she saw her daughter’s sad face. However, she would not stop until she knew what happened between them.

“But why, dear?”

“It’s because… he was… not my boyfriend anymore. We broke up on our anniversary day,” Jihyo look away from her mother and looked down.

“Oh, dear. You don’t have to feel down and sad just because a man left you and hurt you…” her mother sigh and continued, “…Just like your father. Remember dear, you’re still young. You’re cute and adorable even if you’re not as pretty as that girl who lived next to our house once,” her mother while trying to comforting her.

“Mom..!!”

“Oh, my sweetheart, my daughter. You’ll find someone who will love you and cherish you so, you have to be bright and smile adorably like you used to be,” Mrs. Song gave a gentle and warm smile to her one and only daughter. She caressed Jihyo’s long wavy hair and her daughter grabbed her hand. Then, Jihyo returned a sweet smile to her mother.

“I love you mom.”

“I love you too, dear.”

 

-After their dinner-

Jihyo stretched her arms and walked into Kai’s bedroom which was now became her and Kai’s bedroom.

“Hmm, is he sleeping?” Jihyo closed the door and walk closer to Kai who was lying peacefully on the bad. She sneaked a peek on Kai and found a sleeping Kai.

“He’s already asleep without eating his dinner. He must be hungry,” Jihyo still looking at Kai’s funny sleeping face but suddenly, that face seemed to be attractive to Jihyo. In Jihyo’s eyes, Kai’s face was sparkling like a shining gold. (ok, seriously)

“I… must… be… crazy… now,” Jihyo said it absent-mindedly and she was suddenly brought back to reality when her phone vibrated. She reached for her phone and there was a message for her. She opened it and it was just a spam mail. She made a sarcastic face while reading the contents.

“Haish, look at this jobless people,” Jihyo tossed her phone on the bed angrily and turned to Kai again.

She looked at him dearly and dreamily which was unusual for her to do that to a guy named Kai. She shook her head vigorously until she felt dizzy and messed her hair by running her fingers on it.

“Oh no. What have you done Kim Kai? What have you done? This is not real. Yes, this is just a hallucination,” and again she tried to denied it again.

(Let’s see until when she can deny her own feelings. Mwahahahahaha…)

 

-THE NEXT MORNING-

Jihyo rubbed her sleepy eyes when suddenly she felt something heavy around her waist. (Ok. Why do I feel this line is too common?) She blinked repeatedly and her body became stiff after she felt a warm breath steadily blown near her neck.

“Wait, wait. I’m still in my apartment, right? Please don’t tell me that I was being molested,” Jihyo kept praying constantly that everything which her stupid brain was assuming was wrong. She did not want to get pregnant and married to some strangers. She was still young!

Slowly, she turned her head to her left while closing her eyes tightly. Once she turned, she opened her eyes bit by bit which then turned to a big circle. She was seriously surprised and nearly screamed when she saw the guy next to her. Luckily, she got her right arm free from the guy next to her. Jihyo immediately closed with her palm and still staring the guy next to her with wide eyes. And it was….

“Kai?” Jihyo whispered as low as possible, tried not to wake Kai and importantly, her mother.

“What’s happening here? How can we be sleeping together? Why did he sleeping beside me? Wait…” Jihyo was having a war with her brain, trying to recall what happened last night. “Huuhh… O.M.G!!! I accidentally fell asleep while looking at him sleeping?! Seriously?! I mean… Seriously??? I must be crazy,” Jihyo cried in her head and tried to fight the reality. At the same time, Kai’s grip on her became tighter which made the space between them became shorter. Now, Jihyo could really felt Kai’s body heat. She froze by the strange feelings she felt.

“Okay… I need to go out from here. Another minutes, no, another seconds I stay here, I’ll be crazy for real,” Jihyo tried to find a way to escape from Kai. She moved Kai’s arm which was around her waist slowly. When she succeeded, Jihyo tried to get off from the bed as slowly and quietly as possible so she would not awake Kai from his slumber. She let out a relief sigh and walked quickly to the door.

After Jihyo leave, Kai opened his eyes slowly and a small smile was appeared on his face.

 

Jihyo entered Kai and her room after she finished showering. She found that Kai was still in his dreamland. Jihyo shook her head and walked towards the sleeping young man.

“Hey, mister, you should wake up now. You’ll be late for school,” she tried to wake the ‘sleeping beauty’ by gently shook his body but to no avail. 

Jihyo sat on the bed, next to the still-asleep-Kai and began to caress Kai’s hair. She did not actually notice that Kai was already awake and was acting as if he was still asleep. Kai tried to keep himself calm and played his role as the ‘sleeping beauty’, waiting to be kissed by his princess (which was obviously Song Jihyo). He could felt his heart was pounding so fast. What if Jihyo kissed him?!

“I’m sorry Kai,” Jihyo whispered while caressing Kai’s cheek which made Kai felt confused.

“Wait… what?” he could sense that something was not right. Jihyo's last alternative to wake the ‘sleeping beauty’ was…In the count of…

5.

4.

3.

2.

1.

BAM!

“Owww… GOD! My back! Why…? Why did you have to do that?” Kai howled in pain. Instead of a sweet kiss that Kai desired, our kind Jihyo presented a nice and wonderful flying kick for our ‘sleeping beauty’ which made Kai fell from the bed.

“Sshh… you’re too loud. You’ll wake my mom,” Jihyo widened her eyes to Kai when he let out a big groan. Well, Kai just gave Jihyo his ‘whatever’ face and got up from the floor. “…And I’m sorry for kicking you. It was really hard to wake you up. So, I have no choice than using violence towards you. Besides, you’re a delinquent and you should be strong enough to withstand a kick from a girl.”

“Hey, it’s doesn’t mean my body are made from steel. I can feel pain too. And I don’t fight all the time. I should care about my handsome face too. What if there are too many bruises from the fight?” Kai tried to defend himself. Jihyo just made an annoyed face when Kai boasted about his *cough* precious face.

“Ugh… please stop praising yourself too much mister. You’re not that handsome. And FYI, you became more talkative nowadays,” she moved closer to Kai and observed his face as if there was something wrong with his face. However, that action just made Kai close up the space between them until their eyes met with each other. Jihyo was frozen when Kai grabbed her waist and pulled her closer which made her blushed.

“That’s why you shouldn’t be so reckless around someone who already in love with you,” Kai whispered to Jihyo’s ear and smirked without her noticing. Suddenly, there was silence and Jihyo could feel she was trembling without reasons. Why?

“Does Kai become cracked? Is it because I don’t accept his love and he started to feel frustrated?” Jihyo started to think nonsense and trembled more. This is why you should not play a “drama scene” with Jihyo. She would assume many nonsense things and usually it was more to mental illness (maybe it was due to watching too many CSI and Criminal Minds drama). She even thought that Kai might do something ‘bad’ to her.

“Hey, are you okay? Why are you trembling?” Kai turned to panic mode. He was flabbergasted by Jihyo’s reaction by the sudden hugging scene. Kai broke the embrace and faced the trembling Jihyo. “Jihyo? Are you okay?”

“Are you going to do ‘something’ to me?” Jihyo asked and it sounds more to fear than being strict because she was trying her best to sound strict. Kai became more flabbergasted by Jihyo’s question. It sounds as if Kai wanted to do something disrespectful to her. Suddenly Kai was burst into laughter when he realized that Jihyo was misinterpreting the situation and his words earlier. On the other hands, Jihyo was left confused.

“Why are you laughing?” she sounded like she was angry. Kai’s laughter came to a halt. He looked at Jihyo right to her eyes. Suddenly, he became serious again after taking a few deep breaths.

“Jihyo, you’re misunderstanding the situation here. I love you and I would never harm or do anything bad towards you. What I mean earlier is, you shouldn’t be too close or acting so sweet to me because it always made me misread what your feelings is towards me. I didn’t blame you because I’m the one that came to you first and I’m the one who love you first. So, in conclusion, I’m sorry to make you terrified and worried. I’m not a guy like that, okay?” Kai explained while holding Jihyo’s both hands. He looked deeply towards Jihyo’s eyes and hoped that his words would wash away Jihyo’s anxiety. And it really do, the young woman in front of him was relief now by his explanation. She could sense there were sincerity in Kai’s words and she was really appreciate it.

“Thank you. Thank you for explaining. I think I’ll try,” Jihyo answered and gave a sweet smile to Kai. The young man just looked at Jihyo with confusion.

“You’ll try?”

“Yes, I’ll try to accept your feelings towards me. And I’ll try reply your confession too,” Jihyo finally decided her option. She knew she should open up her hearts for someone who loves her sincerely despites the fact that Kai was younger. But, as what Kai was saying, age is just a number and he did not really care about it.

Kai could not believe at what Jihyo was telling him. He thought it was a dream that Jihyo was trying to accept him. Well, even though it was not confirmed yet that Jihyo would love him back, he was still happy with it. Kai’s grin became wider and he just could not express how happy he was as if Jihyo was agreeing to marry with him.

“Okay, I know you’re happy but please don’t shout or you’ll wake my mom,” Jihyo tried to calm Kai who seemed to be so ecstatic.

“Sorry, I might be overly excited,” Kai said while his cheeks became slightly red.

“And, I think you should get ready to school now before my mom wakes up,” Jihyo looked at her desk clock and back to Kai who was still not ready for his day.

“Oh, right. But, how will I come home? She will probably notice me. And also, I would not be able to walk through the window. People will think of me as a burglar,” Kai pointed out their obvious problem now. Jihyo frowned as she kept thinking for their way out.

“Well, just let people think of you as a burglar. End of story,” Jihyo simply said it with her cool face. Kai raised his eyebrows as if he was not satisfied with Jihyo’s ridiculous solution, and he actually did.

“Hell no! With this handsome face? I’m too young and too handsome to be in jail,” Kai stated his opinion towards Jihyo’s ridiculous yet unwise solution.

“Okay, okay, I’m sorry. I’m just joking. Okay, this is the real plan. Later, after you finish your classes, wait for me at your school’s gate. I’ll pick you up, are we clear?” Jihyo sounded like a commander of a military team giving commands to her subordinates. Kai nodded his head despites not knowing what was the real plan was. Just get ready Kim Jongin. You would be surprised.

After their conversation on their plan, Kai immediately rushed to the bathroom and get ready for school while Jihyo stay guarded. They were afraid if Jihyo’s mother would wake up and found out about Kai’s existence.

What was Jihyo’s plan? Would it be a success?

 

~TO BE CONTINUED~

(I'm dead. He shot me with his cuteness. I'm done. Ciao~)

 


Thank you for reading this chapter. I guess I'm out of idea right now. Gotta find inspiration to continue this story. I hope I can finish this. I'm sorry for any grammar/languange mistakes and bad words in this story :)