Chapter 6

Love Me Now

Jihyo does not have any classes that morning, so she went to the hospital. Finally, Kai would be discharged today.

 

Jihyo walked through the lobby and took the elevator to Kai’s ward floor. After she arrived, Jihyo went straight to Kai’s room.

 

“Well, well, our Prince Kai is still in his dreamland,” Jihyo walked nearer to him and called for Kai’s name for several times but to no avail.

 

 

“KAI!!! Stupid, useless, insensitive, idiotic Kai! Wake up you sleepyhead,” she tried again but now with a mocking tone. Jihyo shouted at Kai ears “KAAAAIIII….!!!”  which made him jolted up.

 

“What?! What?! I’m awake now. Jeez,” kai rubbed his sleepy eyes and looked at the owner of the voice that nearly made him deaf. Then, he saw Jihyo smiled brightly when she succeeded in waking up Kai.

 

Meanwhile, Kai still stares at Jihyo, the source of his sweet dream being interrupted. In his heart, he cursed Jihyo for disturbing his beauty sleep.

 

“What?!” Jihyo, who felt Kai was shooting lasers at her, turned her head to Kai’s direction.

 

“What the hell are you doing here so early?” Kai still looked at her with unsatisfied stare. Jihyo just rolled her eyes at Kai’s stare and moved to Kai’s wardrobe.

 

“I don’t have class this morning, so I decided to fetch you up,” Kai looked at her in confusion.

 

“Fetch me up?” he became more confused when Jihyo place his school uniform (which he wore during the accident happened) in front of him.

 

“Yeah, don’t you remember today is the day you discharge from here? I’ve told you yesterday. Jeez, you’re so forgetful. What did you do with that brains of yours?” Kai shot her a deadly stare but Jihyo did not care about it.

 

“Now, get changed while I’m going to meet Dr Lee first and manage some things,” with that, Jihyo walked away from the room and left the blank Kai.

 

 

-Meanwhile at Dr Lee Jong Suk office-

 

“Thank you for taking care of Kai and always listened to all my problems. You help me with so many things,” Jihyo bowed at Dr Lee and smile at him. Dr Lee replied Jihyo’s smile.

 

“You’re welcome. I didn’t do much. About Kai, I just do my responsibility as his doctor,” Dr Lee gestured Jihyo to sit down at the chair in front of him. She took a seat and they continued their conversation.

 

“Oh, Jihyo, we can still be friends after this, right?” Jihyo looked at him first before answering his question. He anticipated a positive answer from Jihyo.

 

“Of course,” she answered with a gentle smile which made Dr Lee blushed.

 

“Then, should we exchange our phone number. It’ll be easy if one of us need some help. Maybe a little helps on boy problem?” Jihyo chuckled at Dr Lee’s last sentence. Then, she pulled out her phone and gave it to Dr Lee.

 

“Here, put yours too,” Dr Lee gave his phone to Jihyo. She took it and both of them key in their numbers.

 

“So, I’ll call you when I need you Dr Lee,” she smiled again. Jihyo did not know why, but she seemed to be smiling easily with Dr Lee.

 

“Anytime you need me. Oh, accept during my working hour. I’ll not be in service at that time,” Jihyo laughed when Dr Lee made it sound like a TV advertisement.

 

“Man, this guy really knows how to change his voice and expression easily,” Jihyo thought for a while, still laughing.

 

After talking for nearly an hour with Dr Lee, Jihyo excused herself. She was afraid that Kai would nag her for taking too much time. She moved from her seat and went to the door. Suddenly, Dr Lee called her.

 

“Jihyo, from now on, please called me Jong Suk.”

 

Jihyo looked at him with a blank face and let out a wide smile.

 

“Okay… Jong Suk.”

 

Hearing Jihyo called his named made Jong Suk’s heart fluttered.