Chapter 27

Love Me Now

BAM!

“Ouch, my head!” the unfortunate young man groaned in pain after the big hit on the floor. Jihyo who was busy in the kitchen, hurriedly ran to Kai’s location. As she arrived, Jihyo immediately asked the younger about the big thud created by him.

“What was that big thump?” her eyes suddenly diverted to the floor since she did not catch Kai’s figure on the sofa where he was lying while playing his phone earlier. “And…why are you sleeping on the floor?” Jihyo threw another question with her eyebrows wrinkled in the middle. Kai massaged his head to ease the pain while lifting his head to see Jihyo who was looking at him with a funny face.

“Stop making that face. I can’t laugh now. My head hurts so much,” Kai said, still massaging his throbbing head. However, that stupid joke he made only resulted him receiving a smack on the head from annoyed Jihyo.

“Oww, that hurts you know! Oh, you never know since you’re not the one that being smack,” Kai sounds as if it was a matter of facts and Jihyo wanted to give him a flying kick but that brat successfully avoided it. Jihyo turned to face Kai and gave him a deadly glare which oh boy… seriously frightening. Kai who was still on the floor crawl backwards, his front body was facing upwards and his back was sliding through the floor. It was like a scene in a horror movie. Well, it really does since Jihyo really looks like a woman ghost in front of Kai. Before she could end up Kai’s life, the young man surrender and tried to calm his lover.

“Okay, okay, I give up. I didn’t even know why we are reenacting a scene from a horror movie at the first place?” Kai put up both his hands to show his palm in front of Jihyo as a sign he surrender. Slowly, Jihyo returned to her usual figure, the normal one. She patted the apron she was wearing above her yellow sunflower colored dress and neatening her slightly messy hair. Kai looked at her dumbfounded and tilting his head to the right a little as he watched every move that Jihyo was doing.

“So,” Kai was startled by Jihyo’s cheerful and bright voice which made his body immediately stiffen and his back straightened. His face was so funny but Jihyo tried to not laugh to it. “Mind to tell me why you end up lying on the floor?” Jihyo asked again and this time she approached Kai. She crouched down to meet Kai’s eyes and they were so close that the young man could feel their warm breath bouncing off their face as they exhaling.

“Well,” Kai was too shy to tell Jihyo the truth actually, but oh well, it was better to tell the truth than became a dead meat from Jihyo’s wrath. “Actually, I was having a dream; maybe I should say a nightmare. In my ‘nightmare’, there was us, cuddling with each other but suddenly, your mom came and caught us. She looked extremely scarier than you that I almost cry. She was trying to separate us even when I holding you tightly!”

Jihyo could not believe what she was listening to and she blinked her eyes for several times, trying to digest every word Kai was saying. After a brief five minutes she took for digesting Kai’s so-called-nightmare story, Jihyo burst into a big laughter. Kai looked at her confusedly.

“Oh my, you stupid Kai,” Jihyo said between her laughter and continued to laugh more after saying that. “That was so ridiculous. My mom will never do that.”

“Are you sure?” Kai asked, feeling unsure about Jihyo’s statement. However, the uncertain feeling slowly fades when Jihyo assured him with repeated assuring nods.

“Of course! As long as you kept your disguise and we both shut our mouth tightly,” Jihyo explained and gave a big smile at the end. However, that did not satisfy the latter.

“Jihyo saying that didn’t make things better. We’re still lying to your mother,” Kai said exasperatingly with his fingers running through his hair which later on made his neat looking hair became messy. Jihyo could only smile sheepishly upon hearing that. Even she could not figure out their solution to their own problem. Kai got up from the floor and told Jihyo that he was going to take a shower before Mrs. Song came home.

Jihyo’s gaze followed Kai until his figure disappeared into their shared room, probably getting his change clothes and towel, as Jihyo thought. The young lady sighed loudly as if she was trying to let out a big burden within her and then she let her mind wandering to nowhere, spacing out through the plain wall beside her. Suddenly, she smelled something burnt and in immediate response, she stood from her spot and ran to the kitchen.

“!” she cursed when her cooking was burnt into a black coal. Lately, she used to curse so much. Well, it was not like she never did it before, she like to curse but not so often like now. Jihyo threw away the inedible food, which could not be call as a food now, into the trash can at the corner. She sighed, again. She put the frying pan in the sink and washed it.

“Guess like I have to order Chinese takeout for our dinner tonight,” Jihyo told to no one in particular as she turned the tap off. She wiped her wet hands on the fresh tissue and reached for her mobile phone on the kitchen’s counter. Honestly, Jihyo was so tired to cook dinner and too lazy, to add. She dialed the number to some Chinese Restaurant and made an order after someone answer the call.

 

-The next day-

“Rise and shine, sleepyhead. You have school today,” Jihyo sat beside the sleeping Kai with her feet folded inward, she leaned closer to Kai’s face and her hair fell down to the latter’s face which tickled the said man. He grunted and caught Jihyo’s waist, eyes still closed. The young lady was shocked by Kai’s action but smiled in content as the younger showed his affection. Jihyo giggled when she felt it ticklish as Kai buried his face on her stomach.

“I don’t want to get up,” Kai mumbled and received a light pat on his shoulder repeatedly. He lifted his head to meet Jihyo’s eyes and felt his face turned red. Jihyo was giving him a light kiss, not on the cheek but on his lips.

“Now, will you please get ready to go to school, Mr. Kim Kai,” Jihyo pulled away after the kiss and smiled sweetly to him. He did not remember when both of them started to love each other but he was so happy at the moment and would never forget every touch Jihyo gave to him.

“Promise me you’ll kiss me every morning?” it sounded like a question but to Jihyo, it was a request that could not be rejected. Jihyo let out her pinky finger and Kai did the same, they did the pinky promise with a smile etched on their face.

 

Kai groaned when he was struggling to put on the wig on his head. And Jihyo watched him over the mirror, chuckled softly.

“Why is it so hard to be a girl? Even dressing up to go to school took almost 15 minutes!” Kai said exasperatingly with his wig was placed extremely hilarious on his head. He was forced to dressed in a girl uniform to avoid Jihyo’s mom suspicion, well he was a girl for the time being and that would be impossible for him to dress in a male uniform. It would be a total ridiculous.

“Let me help you,” Jihyo came to him and made the wig looked well than before. When they were satisfied with their appearance, Jihyo and Kai left their room and went to the dining table. They found Mrs. Song was putting down the plates and smile to them when she noticed their presence.

“Oh, good morning girls~ did both of you have a nice sleep last night?” the smile still pasted on her face. Both Jihyo and Kai nodded simultaneously. Mrs. Song was a nice woman and Kai felt bad for lying to her and actually, she felt guilty towards both the mother and daughter for lying about his real identity.

“Good morning mom, you look great today. Any good news?” Jihyo winked at her mother playfully and received a light slap on her arms from her mother.

“Well, nothing great in particular. I just felt happy to see both pretty young ladies in front of me,” Mrs. Song looked from Jihyo to Kaila. “Isn’t Kaila is just too cute?”

Kai smiled awkwardly to Mrs. Song and Jihyo practically laughed on her seat as she saw Kai’s funny expression. Kai kicked Jihyo’s leg lightly and stared at her when the said girl turned her head towards him. Jihyo stick her tongue out as a response.

 

After the nearly bloody breakfast, due to Jihyo and Kai’s small fight, both of the said people went to the basement where Jihyo parked her car. Kai walked awkwardly with his new uniform and made Jihyo looked at him from head to toe.

“Hmm, you looked good in those,” she smirked and Kai rolled his eyes, feeling annoyed.

“Urgh, I need to change to my REAL school uniform before I come to school,” Kai complaint while searching something in his bag.

“Aww, why? You already look perfectly gorgeous with that skirt,” Jihyo whined but soon, she laughed when she saw Kai’s deadly-pain-in-the- face. Kai ignored Jihyo who was laughing hysterically while clutching her stomach. The young man went to nearest toilet and changed his uniform.

“Screw you, Song Jihyo. You’re lucky that I love you,” Kai sighed and cursed something under his breath as he went out from the toilet.

 

-At Kai’s school-

The school’s bell rang loudly; Kai hurriedly grabbed his bag and dashed out through the hallway leaving his friends in confusion.

“What’s wrong with him?” Baekhyun asked and Kim Junmyeon a.k.a Suho, just shrugged his shoulder.

And Kai did not notice that someone was watching him from afar. The boy was smiling happily and hummed some random song while walking towards the school gate. He could clearly saw Jihyo’s car, so he increase his pace. When he arrived to the car, he opened the door and hopped inside. Jihyo gave a smile to him and Kai present her the sweetest smile he could give.

“Hmm, let’s see where you going Kai? And who is that ugly looking woman?” and the shadow vanished along with a creepy laughter.

The couple did not aware that someone was following them. Who is that person?

 

~TO BE CONTINUED~


I'm so sorry for the crappy chapter. My idea was so , I wanna cry T-T. I'm so so sorry if I wasted your time reading this chap.