Chapter 5

Love Me Now

It has been a week Jihyo visited Kai at the hospital. Jihyo and Dr Lee also became more closer as Jihyo always came to him every time she felt annoyed after meeting Kai.

 

Now, Jihyo standing infront of Kai's room, it was 7 p.m and Jihyo was so tired after all her non-stop classes. Jihyo took a deep breath and slide the door open.

 

"Sorry, I'm late," Jihyo force a sweet smile but Kai did not look at her.

 

"Is he mad? What a spoiled kid.." Jihyo tried to search for Kai's gaze but he tried his best to avoid Jihyo.

 

"Are you mad at me?"

 

"Why would I be?" even though Kai told her that, Jihyo could sense that he was mad at her.

 

"I know you are mad right now," Jihyo took a seat beside Kai's bed.

 

"So what if I'm mad? You promised me to come during lunch time but you never come!" suddenly, Kai raised his voice.

 

"Wow.. woow.. relax Kai. Why are you being so mad over a small thing? Okay, I'm so sorry for not coming earlier. I had a lot of assignments I need to send today so I stayed at the library,” he still being a stubborn and acted like a kid.

 

“Oh seriously, why is he being so sensitive over a small matter,” Jihyo pouted.

 

“Well, I’ve got good news for you. So, Dr Lee told me that you will be discharge tomorrow. But you still have to go for checkups and your leg might be better after one months,” Jihyo told Kai who suddenly faced her at the mention of ‘discharge’. Jihyo poured a drink for herself after explaining things to Kai.

 

“So, I’ll be staying at your house, right?” Jihyo almost choke on her drinks after hearing Kai’s question which sounds more like a statement to her.

 

“What?! You said that you’ll stay with me?! You mean me? Me… Song Jihyo?” Jihyo looked at Kai with her big eyes, as if she cannot understand what Kai was saying. Kai just made his frustrated look and frowned at her.

 

“Well of course,” Kai made it sound as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. “What’s wrong with her? Did something hit her?” Jihyo still made her blank face.

 

“How can he stay with me? That’s totally impossible!” she thought for a moment before looking back at Kai.

 

“Okay, enough Kai. Stop this nonsense now. It’s time for you to go back to your family. You can't live with me like forever,” Jihyo tried to be wise. After listened to Kai’s story about his family the past few days, Jihyo knew he does not want to go back home. Even though Jihyo pitied him, she still thought that what he did was wrong. To run away from his problem was not a good solution.

 

“You can’t run away forever Kai. Your family must be worried about you,” Jihyo tried to persuade him after she did not heard any answers from Kai. After hearing Jihyo's words, Kai looked at Jihyo with unreadable expression.

 

"I know they didn't care about me. I'm just a son of my father's mistress and my stepmother never liked me," he kept staring at Jihyo's face which suddenly made Jihyo's nervous, and she did not know why. Jihyo looked away from Kai and sip a drink.

 

"And beside, you should be responsible for what you did," Jihyo made a confuse gaze to Kai. Kai gave a mischievous smile to her.

 

"What.. what do you mean?" Jihyo became more nervous after seeing Kai's mischievous smile.

 

"Oh, you know what I mean. You're the one that hit me, so you have to take care of me until I'm fully recover which means until my right leg can be move normally," Kai's smile at Jihyo sweetly but it scared Jihyo to death.

 

"Uh... but it would be inappropriate for us to..."

 

"live together??" Kai interrupted Jihyo's sentence with his question. Jihyo could feel that she blushed at the mention of 'living together'.

 

"Okay, now I'm being weird," Jihyo suddenly felt her body became hot; in fact all her surrounding became hot. She cursed Kai for being the main reason that she becoming weird.

 

“Relax, it’s not like we would do anything bad. Besides, I’m a handicap at this time. How can I do anything to you?”

 

“Okay, that’s it! I’m defeated,”

 

Jihyo could feel that the atmosphere became hotter after what Kai had said.

 

“Okay, okay, I get it. You’ll stay with me BUT, only until your leg gets better,” Jihyo rolled her eyes in annoyance when she saw Kai was smiling in triumph.

 

“He was the best in making me feel irritated! Stupid, useless, insensitive Kai!!!” she stare at the still smiling Kai. She really hoped that her eyes gave out lasers at this time.

 

 

After talking, fighting and even debating with Kai at some issues for hours, Jihyo looked at her watch. 9.15 p.m, it’s already this late? Jihyo did not realized that it was already 9.15 p.m. Jihyo took a glance at Kai. He was sleeping soundly, maybe tired after fighting with Jihyo.

 

Jihyo moved from her chair beside Kai’s bed and walked to the door slowly.

“Sweet dream, idiotic Kai,” Jihyo took a last glance at him and closed the door slowly.

 

 

"Hey, going home?" a voice greeted behind Jihyo's back. Jihyo turned to see the owner. It was Dr Lee with his sweet smile.

"Yeah, how about you?" Jihyo replied his smile.

"I'm going to stayed overnight. You're stayed late than usual today," Jihyo never stayed at the hospital until late night because she did not like to drive back home at late night.

"Been fighting with Kai for hours?" Dr Lee raised his left eyebrows.

"Huh, tell me about it. A day without fighting with him, then that's not Kai," she let out a sigh. Dr Lee let out a chuckle and told Jihyo to be careful while she was driving.

"Okay, see you tomorrow Dr Lee," Jihyo gave him a smile before leaving.