Chapter 28

Love Me Now

-Few days later-

“Are you sure this is the place?”

“Yes, grandfather,” the old man did not notice the evil smirk carved on the innocent-looking but devilish girl. They went out from the luxurious car and headed towards the apartment building. The old man walking through the entrance with a stern look and his crane was making a clack sound against the tiled floor. They entered the elevator followed by the trio butler – Kyungsoo with his façade face, the nervous looking Chanyeol and the grumpy Sehun.

Chanyeol gulped and the friction against his throat made it uncomfortable for him. He looked at Kyungsoo with nervous shown clearly in his eyes. However, the latter just gave him eyes signal, telling him to just calm down and let their Young Master took care of his problem. They should believe their master and helped him when they were needed. That is what Kyungsoo believe to be his duty as the Young Master’s butler.

When Chanyeol was fiddling with his fingers, Kyungsoo was spacing out and Sehun keeping up with his stoic appearance, the door finally opened as the ding sound was heard. The old man clears his throat and stepped out from the elevator, followed by the girl. She looked at the three butlers with a victorious smile and turned her head to the front arrogantly which made Chanyeol made a disgusted face, Kyungsoo just shook his head and rolled his eyes, while the younger threw daggers, well, more accurately – shot lasers towards the arrogant girl and mutter an inaudible words (which Chanyeol afraid that it could be a magic spell, a curse spell).

 

 

-Meanwhile-

Kai was watching his favourite SpongeBob Squarepants cartoon series while Jihyo was out with her mother to buy some groceries. As he was so into the cartoon playing on the screen, a knock echoed the entire space of the medium-sized apartment. Kai was startled at first and become stilled on his spot. It was impossible Jihyo because she told him that she would call or text him first – he thought to himself. He grabbed his phone which were lying on the table and checked for any miscall or text from Jihyo – and there were none.

“Who could that be?” Kai got up and walked lazily towards the entrance door. As he reached the door knob, another knock was heard and Kai rolled his eyes, thinking that perhaps his guest were such an impatient person.

“Yes, I’m coming. Geez,” he said lazily and cursed softly. When the door was finally opened, he froze like a statue –blinking was impossible. “G-grandfather.”

“Well, well what do we have here? Kim Jongin is hiding in this place for the whole time,” his grandfather gave a mocking smile to him. Kai could feel that his palms were sweating profusely.

“Ehm.. why are you here?” Kai cursed himself for sounding so nervous and asking that stupid question. His mouth felt so dry and something invisible was blocking the words from going out from his throat. His grandfather smiled at him but all he could sense was a cold aura resonating from the old figure. The old man walked passed him and went into the apartment space, revealing a familiar figure.

“You..” Kai looked surprised but the girl gave a sweet smile and stepped inside. “Why the hell is she doing here with my grandfather?” Kai whispered while sending a deadly glare towards Chanyeol.

“Why is it always me?” Chanyeol mentally cried. Before Chanyeol could speak, Kyungsoo voice out first, telling his master that Jung Krystal met his grandfather and told him about Kai and Jihyo. Kai was flabbergasted on how Krystal knew about Jihyo. He never mention about his relationship with Jihyo to anyone accept his butlers, of course. Even his gang did not know anything.

“But how did she know?” Kai whispered with a wondering face.

“She followed you home one day, sir,” Sehun stepped into the conversation. “I heard she told your grandfather that she saw you went home with a strange woman and follow you to make sure you’re not in danger.” Sehun stated and kai scoffed while turning his body towards the living room. He walked towards the unexpected guest who sat arrogantly on the couch where he always spent his time together with Jihyo.

“Why are you here?” Kai asked with his eyes narrowing towards Krystal who was sitting beside Mr. Kim. “If you want me to come back, there’s no way I’m going to leave this place. I’m not going back to that mansion,” he stated, almost too rude for a grandson to say that to his grandfather. But Kai never looked at his grandfather as his grandfather.

“Kai, don’t be so rude to your grandfather!” Krystal shrieked as if she was the nicest princess like in every Disney’s princess movie while in reality was a wicked witch. Kai rolled his eyes in annoyance. He never did like a girl named Jung Krystal - ever.

“Jongin,” an old voice broke the short moment of silent. Kai turned his head to face his grandfather with a dissatisfy look. “I know you hate me. You can hate as much as you want to this old man and I cannot stop you for not to,” he paused and stood from his seat. “But, if you want to see your mother again, you better make the right decision.”

Kai widened his eyes in disbelief at the mention of his mother. “My mom… my mother still… alive?” he could feel his hands trembling. When he was ten, his mother left him, she ran away. That was what all of those hypocrites’ people in fancy clothes told him. He never believed them. He knew that his mother was taken away from him and his father. A year after his mother disappearance, they got a news about his mother. His mother… his poor mother, died in a tragic accident in Japan.  His father has a very hard time in taking in the reality and became so sick after his depression on Kai’s mother death. His father really loved his mother so much and it broke Kai’s heart to see his father crashing down from the strong, dependable and honourable man to a heartbroken figure. After his mother died, his family became a mess, but not for his grandfather. That old man never favours his mother but at the end, his father still marries the woman he loved – Kai’s mother. But now, he knew his mother still… alive.

“But… but you told me that she was dead. What about that grave you showed us?!” Kai could not control himself from shouting anymore. There were so many emotions playing inside of him right now.

“She’s still alive, Kai. I have to lie to you and your father.”

“What?!” Kai let out a disbelief laugh and stared his grandfather again with widened eyes, filled with rage. “Are you kidding me? Your so-called pure white lie made me lose my dad. You made him die! You killed my dad!” hearing the sudden chaos inside the house, all the butlers came in to calm down the situation. Chanyeol held his master shoulders to calm him down while Sehun and Kyungsoo helped Kai’s grandfather who seemed to pass out anytime soon. While Krystal who was still sitting on the couch, shocked by the drama in front of her.

“Jongin… I know I’m at fault for your father’s death but I just…” his grandfather paused while taking a deep breath. “I thought that it is better to remove your mother from his life. It was just a made up story of your mother's secret affair with unknown man but your father still insist to find your mother and believed her. So, I have to keep your mother away and created another fake story about her death.”

Kai finally got a mental and emotionally breakdown. He fell down on his knees and he could feel tears streaming down his cheeks. These were too much for him. All the truths were breaking his heart to pieces the more he listened to it.

“Please just leave… Stop all of your bull and leave!” Kai shouted out frustratingly. He looked away from his grandfather, avoiding his grandfather’s gaze. Even though he came in with a strict face and now he was kicked out by his grandson, he never blamed the young man. He knew that he was the one to blame for ruining his own family. He realised that he wasted what was given to him. His ever-so-patient wife, his reliable and lovable son and his nice and caring yet beautiful daughter in law. They were all given to him as a beautiful gifts but he wasted them and threw them away – just thinking about his own wealth.

“Well then, I will take my leave. But, just remember, if you want to be with that young lady, be the man she deserves,” Kai looked at the direction of where his grandfather pointed. It was Jihyo’s picture, nice in the wooden frame. She so pretty, smiling so brightly and somehow it successfully made Kai forgot about all the overwhelming news. “She looks like a nice girl; I think she deserves a nice and responsible young man. To protect and love her.”

Kai’s smile fades as his grandfather’s words were processed in his brain. Be the man she deserves. That one sentence kept on replaying in his mind even after his grandfather was gone with Krystal who was looking… clearly not satisfied with what she heard and the trio butlers was the last to leave. They gave an encouraging smile like they were trying to support him and know what exactly the meaning of his grandfather’s words.

“Be the man… Jihyo deserves…?” Kai repeated the words playing in his mind. He was thinking so hard and he did not notice Jihyo has sent him a message.

 

~TO BE CONTINUED~



Finally... Updated~ Okay, this chapter doesn't have any Kai x Jihyo but.... but hey, finally his grandfather appeared!

So, if you guys have any comment on this chapter (which I  know a bit... ehm sentimental. Oh whatever) oh yeah... please write your comment below. I hope you enjoy~ 

working on the next cahpter... *wink wink. Bye

p/s: I'm sorry if i made anyone confused *bow 90 degree*