Chapter 10

Love Me Now

-It was 5 o’clock in the evening-

Jihyo was walking lazily to the supermarket after her class ended. She did not expect that her lecturer would extend their class. But before she went home she went to the library first to finished her assignments and also to avoid meeting with Kai at home. She wanted to buy some groceries because some of her supplies were out of stock. She took the trolley and strolling through the goods, scanning at some products that caught her eyes. Then, someone called her from behind.

“Miss Song Jihyo?” she turned her head to see the caller and she smiles immediately after she saw the sweet looking gentleman in front of her. He looks good with his formal clothes which were his doctor coat but seeing him in his casual clothes made him looked more handsome.

“Buying groceries?” the lanky gentleman asked Jihyo. She just nodded her head as an answer.

“You don’t have class today?” Jong Suk asked Jihyo and they walked together side by side while choosing their groceries.

“I’ve just finished my classes for today. How about you? You don’t go to work today?” Jihyo smile when Jong Suk put a carton of milk in Jihyo’s trolley when they walked through the ‘Dairy’ section. Jihyo gave Jong Suk a look.

“What? It’s good for your health. And… your height,” Jong Suk sounds like an advertising guy and gave Jihyo his famous wink. Jihyo laughed at Jong Suk idea of wanting to improve Jihyo’s height.

“Oh about your question earlier, no, I don’t have any work today. I have my shift tomorrow,” Jihyo nodded again as a respond.

“So you’ve been busy now?”

“Yeah, sort of. Jeez, people should try their best to be healthier and avoid accidents,” that made Jihyo laugh out loud. How can a doctor talked like that? They kept talking about their life for the past few days. Jihyo even told him about her weird action towards Kai.

“Wait, wait, so you’re saying that you can’t even sleep because of him,” Jong Suk raised his brows and Jihyo nodded at his sentence. Suddenly Jong Suk let out a big sighed.

“Why are you sighing?” Jihyo asked, confused.

“Oh you silly girl, how can you be this slow?” Jong Suk groaned in frustration. Before he could open his mouth again, someone called Jihyo’s name. Both of them turned around and Jihyo’s eyes widened while Jong Suk made a who-is-this-guy expression.

“Jinwoon,” was all that came out from . Jinwoon looked straight to Jihyo’s eyes while Jong Suk looked at them back and forth.

“So, this is your new boyfriend?” Jinwoon finally voice out after five minutes of staring each other.

“Wow, five minutes? I thought it would last forever,” Jong Suk thought, silly Jong Suk.

“Wait, wait, wait. What? Boyfriend? Who? Me?” Jong Suk looked at Jinwoon and back to Jihyo and back to Jinwoon again with his confused face. He was pointing his finger to himself but nobody gave him any answer.

“So? It has nothing to do with you,” Jihyo replied to Jinwoon question. Jong Suk looked at Jihyo in disbelief while Jinwoon scoffed, feeling annoyed.

“Wow, well done Song Jihyo, I never knew that you could easily go another man’s embrace in a short time,” Jinwoon looked at her with an angry face.

 “Why did he look so angry? It’s not like I’m the one who wanted to break up with him,” Jihyo resisted rolling her eyes in frustration. She did not want to cause a scene in a public area so she pulled Jong Suk’s hand. They left Jinwoon behind, alone.

“I’m being such a jerk,” Jinwoon cursed himself for saying those hurtful words to Jihyo. He looked at them, walking away until they disappeared from his vision.

 

After they had paid their groceries, Jong Suk helped Jihyo carried some of the groceries. Along their journey to the parking area at the basement, Jihyo did not talked at all. And Jong Suk hate a situation filled with silence. So he tried to break the silence by asking a question, well maybe more than a question.

“So, who was that guy before? Is he someone you really close with? Oh, is he your boyfriend, perhaps?” Jihyo immediately looked at Jong Suk with a serious face after the words “…boyfriend”. Now, Jong Suk became panicked, this is why people said you should not be a busy body.

“Please don’t get mad at me. Please,please,” even if he show a straight face, in the inside he was praying like crazy that Jihyo would not be mad at him.

“Hmm, well he’s not anymore,” Jihyo finally gave an answer. Jong Suk looked at her with his left eyebrows raised. Jihyo who noticed it spoke again. She knew Jong Suk was not satisfied with her answer.

“Well, we broke up about 2 weeks ago. Before I got Kai rushed to the hospital,” Jong Suk nodded, satisfied now. Then he started to speak again.

“Oh, so now I get it,” he sounded like a happy boy that solved a puzzled quiz. Jihyo raised her eyebrows.

“You were so frustrated that day when your ex-boyfriend ditched you. And when you drove back home with frustration, you hit Kai,” Jong Suk explained with his hand movements which made Jihyo made a “Seriously..” expression on her face.

 

-At Jihyo’s apartment-

Since Jong Suk was off from his work and had nothing to do, Jihyo invited him to have dinner with her and Kai. At first, Jong Suk rejected her invitations but after she made a cute puppy eyes to him, Jong Suk was defeated. Jihyo was screaming in triumph in the inside because she did not have to eat dinner alone with Kai tonight.

As soon as Jihyo opened the door, she saw...

"Welcome home~ what took you so long?" a smiling Kai standing in front of him with the helped of his crutch. Jihyo looked at him in confusion.

"Why is he suddenly acting so nice?" Jihyo looked at the still smiling Kai in suspicion.

“What’s wrong with your weird attitude?” Jihyo walked pass him as if she did not care about Kai greetings.

“What do you mean by that? I’m trying to be nice with you,” Kai was about to follow Jihyo to the kitchen but his steps was stopped. He turned his head back to the door entrance and he saw his least favorite person, standing there smiling politely at him. But Kai only gave him a dead glare. Jong Suk did not pay any attention toward Kai and walked in.

“Jihyo,” Jong Suk called her.

“Hmm, I’m in the kitchen,” Jihyo replied while arranging the groceries she has bought. Jong Suk walked to the kitchen and leaving Kai alone in frustration.

“So, where should I put these things?” Jong Suk was carrying a bag of groceries.

“Oh, just put it there,” Jihyo said while pointing at the kitchen counter. “Thanks,” she smiled at Jong Suk as gratitude. Kai walked to the kitchen and sat at the dining table. He watched at their lovey dovey conversation in annoyance. Every smile Jihyo gave to Jong Suk made him wanted to kill Jong Suk and hate him more. Then Jihyo was wearing her apron and get ready to cook. Suddenly both of them voice out.

“I’ll help you,” they speak in unison. Jihyo turned her body around to look at the boys. She saw Kai was now standing from his seat and Jong Suk was going to get an apron. Suddenly, she smiled.

“It’s okay boys, I can do it alone. Why don’t both of watched TV together and have some chat while waiting,” Jihyo gave them a sweet smile and turned back to her cutting board. Kai and Jong Suk looked at each other, there was tense created from both of them.

“Boys, what are you still doing here? I told you to go, right?” they turned to Jihyo who was still cutting some onions. She looks and sounds really creepy. Kai and Jong Suk turned to each other again.

“How did she know?” Jong Suk whispered to Kai and he just shrugged as an answer.

“Boys,” Jihyo spoke again which made both of them ran to the living room. Hmm, I wonder how Kai ran with his crutch. Both of them sat side by side on the couch. None of them spoke a word. Then once again Jong Suk was the one who broke the silence.

“So, how are you doing?”

“Fine,” Kai answered shortly without even looked at Jong Suk. Then, Jong Suk asked another question.

“You planning to stay here until when?” that question made Kai looked at Jong Suk in the eyes.

“Why did he ask me that? Did he plan to stay here with Jihyo after I leave?” Kai’s mind runs wild now. There were so many questions in his mind now.

“Forever,” finally Kai answered Jong Suk question. He turned his head to Jong Suk but it seemed that Jong Suk reaction was normal. Jong Suk just nodded at his answer.

“Well, that’s weird,” Kai stared at Jong Suk with a questionable look. Jong Suk turned his head to Kai in a sudden which made him flustered. Kai immediately looked away while it was Jong Suk turn to look at Kai in confusion.

“Ehem, so, I saw you being lovey dovey with Jihyo earlier. Did you… uhm… have any feelings towards her?” Kai looked at Jong Suk seriously but Jong Suk raised his brows.

“Well, I mean you like her,” Kai tried to questioned him again then suddenly he smile which made Kai’s heart beating in nervousness.

“Oh no, why am I so nervous now? Did he really like her? Kai gulped, waiting for Jong Suk’s answer.

“Of course I do,” Jong Suk answered confidently. Kai nearly fainted when he heard that answer.

“Whyyy…?” Kai felt like his world was torn apart.

“As a friend,” Jong Suk continued his sentence which made Kai looked at him back.

“What?” Kai was so confused now. Jong Suk gave him a gentle smile and started to whisper something to him. Then, Kai’s eyes widened in disbelief. Kai’s mouth hanged open while Jong Suk pulled back and smile. Before Kai could asked anything Jihyo called them.

“Boys~ the food is ready, let’s eat now,” then Jong Suk replied Jihyo with an “Okay,” and left Kai alone, dumbfounded.

 


What did Jong Suk told Kai actually? And did Jinwoon tried to go back with Jihyo?