Chapter 7

Love Me Now

"What took you so long?" as Jihyo entered Kai's room, he stared Jihyo with his angry face.

"Are you mad at me again?" Jihyo approached the angry Kai. But he looked away, refused to see Jihyo.

“Now, he’s being a brat, again,” she rolled her eyes in annoyance at Kai’s attitude.

“Fine. If you continue to act like this, I’ll never let you stay at my house. Please Kai, I don’t have time for your childish attitude,” Jihyo crossed her arm when she saw Kai didn’t budged at all.

“Okay then, I’m not going to tolerate with a stubborn people,” she started to walked away when suddenly he called her name. Jihyo was smiling in victory before facing back to Kai. She made a poker face to Kai who was standing with the help of his crutch.

“Okay, okay, I’m going now. It was your entire fault. You have a good time talking with Dr Lee but you forgot about me. You know, I waited for you for hours,” Kai was talking while walking slowly towards Jihyo. She just made an I-don’t-care face while he was complaining.

“Hey, don’t be so exaggerating. I didn’t took that too long,” Kai gave Jihyo a “Really?” look which made Jihyo raised a white flag to him.

“Okay… maybe I did. BUT, I also have to take care of some things,” she tried to defense herself but Kai did not interested into her explanation. What he knew was Jihyo been flirting with that over-friendly doctor. Kai did not and would never like Dr Lee which Jihyo found it to be weird because Dr Lee was a nice man.

“Whatever~ all that I know both of you was taking the advantage to flirt with each other,” Jihyo’s eyes widened at Kai’s opinion. She tried to catch up with the slow moving Kai.

“No, I didn’t,” she tried to brush off Kai’s statement but Kai did not paid any attention to Jihyo’s denial.

“Whoaaah… I don’t care, MongJi.”

“Hey, why do you call me that?” Jihyo was not satisfied with Kai’s nickname for her.

“Because, you always have those blank face on you. It’s better than stupid, bird head, shortty…”

“Okay…okay… I get it. But the fact that I’m flirting with Dr Lee is never happen,” Jihyo stared at Kai but he fixed his eyes to the front.

“Yeah, yeah… whatever you want,” he replied with bored tone. However, the answers made Jihyo smile. She did not like it when someone accused her for something she does not do. They walked together side by side, silence took over now since their fight was over. Jihyo took a glance at Kai who was still fixed his gaze to his front.

“Why did we always fight to communicate with each other,” Jihyo still deep in her thought while looking at Kai. Surprisingly, Jihyo realized that his blonde hair suit him and made him appealing.

Suddenly, Kai turned his head to his right where Jihyo was walking by his side. Jihyo was startled a bit at the sudden action. She quickly turned her head to the front. She could feel that she was flushed.

“Already in love with me?” Jihyo nearly collapsed after hearing that question.

“Ahahaha.. What nonsense are you talking? Why… why should I be in love with an… an immature, id…idiotic delinquent like you,” she stammered and tried to fake a laugh.

“Damn it, why did I stutter. I made myself look funny and stupid in front of him,” again, she blushed when she noticed Kai was looking deeply at him with his insensitive expression. Is he a robot or an alien?

“Whatever~ like I really care,” at this time, Jihyo really wished that she could kill him. He really won the record for being a super insensitive person. She was so mad and her lips turned to a pout which was noticed by Kai.

“A pout...” unexpectedly, Kai blushed. “She looks cute with that. Maybe I should always make her mad.”

Then, Jihyo heard Kai’s chuckled. She became more irritated and quickened her pace. Kai could not held his laughter anymore. Luckily, they already outside the hospital now.

 

-At Jihyo’s apartment-

"Just go straight and turn to your left. That's your room," as soon as they arrived at Jihyo's appartment, she led Kai to his room.

"Well, I'll leave everything to you then. I need to go now. I'll be back before dinner," then Jihyo left Kai alone in her quiet apartment room.

"I guess I should continue my beauty sleep then," and he drifted to his dreamland.