Chapter 30

Love Me Now

I’m sorry to leave so sudden. I don’t know when I’ll come back and I can’t explain the reason of my leaving. I’ll always wish for your happiness.

I’m sorry, Song Jihyo.

Kim Kai.

No matter how many times she reads the letter, everything that happened, seems like a dream for Jihyo. Her head accepted the reality but her heart was doing the opposite.

“I can’t bear to watch her like that anymore,”Minjung said from the stool at the kitchen counter. Jongsuk who was cooking something inside the kitchen stopped his action of turning the meats on the pan and took a glance at Jihyo.

It has been three days after Kai left the apartment and Jihyo began to act differently than usual – well what else we should expect from someone who is brokenhearted.

“I can’t believe that Kai left her just like that without any detail explanation,” now Minjung turned her stool around to face Jongsuk. The latter was staring blankly at Jihyo and did not notice that his cooking was nearly burnt.

“Yah! Lee Jongsuk!” Minjung yelled from the bottom of her lungs and pointed to the frying pan on the stove.

“Wha… What?” he turned to the stove right away when he smelled something was burning. “Oh !”

“Haah… What should I do with this two people?” Minjung sighed deeply and looked at Jihyo who was still staring at the piece of paper before she glanced at the panic Jongsuk.

 

 

They were sitting at the dining table with Chinese takeout served on the table and none of the three uttered a word. Jihyo was having a staring game with her bowl of black bean noodles. Jongsuk was playing with his noodles rather than eating it. And Minjung was watching the two dumb human in front of her. Feeling frustrated, she suddenly tapped on the table strongly which produced loud bang, enough to make both Jihyo and Jongsuk to jump a moment from their seat.

“Jihyo stop staring your food! That black bean noodles will not turn to Kai even if you stare at it until tomorrow morning!”  Minjung glared at the blank Jihyo .

“And Jongsuk Oppa, please… don’t play with your food. You’re not a kid anymore!” Minjung made a firm voice. Jihyo and Jongsuk stared blankly at the angry Minjung who was catching her breath. Then, they look at each other with their void expression.

“Now both of you…” Minjung said softly with a smile. “EAT!” she suddenly raised her voice which made both Jihyo and Jongsuk stuffed their noodles to their mouth. They did not dare to look up and meet the gaze of angry Minjung.

The atmosphere was dead silence at the dinner table until Jongsuk brought up about Kai suddenly and made Jihyo gloomy again. Minjung did not make the situation any better either by insulting the letter Jihyo has been staring since the morning.

“Song Jihyo please, it’s just a piece of damn paper. Are you going to spend the rest of your life staring at that bloody paper and wait for him which I am sure you have no guarantee on it?!”

“Minjung, how could you?” Jihyo sobbed. Minjung heave a big sigh – more like a groan, telling Jihyo that she was irritated by Jihyo’s question.

“Okay girls; please don’t kill each other over this matter. I’m sorry that I brought up about him. I just wanted to know why he did that to Jihyo. I’m sorry,” Jongsuk said, feeling guilty that he almost be the reason for the breakout of a war. Jihyo still sobbing and Minjung let out a sigh.

“Let’s not talk about it,” Minjung stated. “For now,” she added, sounding firm and turned her gaze to Jihyo which the latter tried to avoid.

 

 

 

“Good evening, Young Master,” Mr. Jang, the head of butlers, in his middle age, greeted Kai and bowed to him. “Glad to see you home again, sir.”

“Yeah, glad to be home,” Kai said idly while he plopped down on his bed – looking around his bedroom, he sighed. “Nothing has change.”

“Young Master, you need to be ready for dinner. Your grandfather, the Chairman Kim is waiting for you at the dining room,” Mr. Jang informed and excused himself after Kai nodded as a sign that he understood.

“If you need anything, Park Chanyeol, Oh Sehun and Do Kyungsoo – your three butlers will bet at your service, sir,” and the three butlers (the three dumber brothers) appeared in front of Kai instantly. Chanyeol always with his big, happy grin. Sehun was not wearing any expression. Kyungsoo with his heart shape smile.

“Welcome back, Young Master Jongin. We’ll assist you in everything you need sir,” the three guy said in unision.

After all the butlers left him alone in the room so he could rest, Kai – Kim Jongin lie down on the comfy queen-sized bed. Jongin closed his eyes and take a deep breath. He was so tired.

“Goodbye Kim Kai and hello to Kim Jongin. Jihyo, what are you doing right now?” Jongin sighed. He got up from his bed and walked towards the bathroom. “Maybe a shower is the best.”

 

“Good evening, Young Master,” all the butlers greeted Jongin as they bowed to him. Jongin walked towards his chair which being pulled by Chanyeol and sit on it as he arrived.

“Now you look like ‘Kim Jongin’, my one and only grandson,” his grandfather smiled brightly as he looked at Jongin’s figure that was covered with layers of branded clothes and sweater.

“I am Kim Jongin, grandpa. Just trying to get a life away from your wealth and power for a while,” Jongin stated casually without looking at his grandfather’s face. The old man smiled knowingly while looking at his stubborn grandson.

“Well, before I forgot, tomorrow you’ll meet the member of directing board,” his grandfather informed him before stuffing the meat into his mouth. They only talked about business the whole dinner time and it’s not like Jongin dreamed to talk any other things with his grandfather.

After talking about some uninteresting with his grandfather the whole night, Jongin excused himself and went to his bedroom. He took his abandoned phone on his nightstand and turned it on. He looked at the screen. No new messages…

His phone screen told him that it was already late at night. 12:45

Jongin stared at his phone for fifteen minutes and then his thumb slide across on his phone’s screen. Immediately, a picture of Song Jihyo who was smiling brightly with Jongsuk (smiling warmly) and Minjung (making a comical face while still looking pretty) at her both side, appeared on the screen. Jihyo was putting both her arms around Jongsuk and Minjung. She looked so happy.

Jongin suddenly formed a smile unconsciously. He still remembered the day he took that picture.

“Kai, hurry and take a picture…!” Jihyo beamed happily while pulling both her best friend closer to her. Jongin smiled and hold his Canon camera up and ready to take the picture.

“Okay, ready…” Jongin announced and Jihyo put one arm on Minjung shoulder and another one on Jongsuk’s. All of them looked so happy. Then, Jongin capture the picture.

“Kai… come here,” Jongsuk called him so Jongin walked towards them. Jongsuk took the camera from Jongin’s hand and held it a bit high in front of them. “Let’s take a selfie~”

“Are you happy?” Jihyo asked him after they finished taking pictures and playing games together at the park. Minjung and Jongsuk were going to the mini mart to buy Popsicles.

Jongin turned to Jihyo and the latter also did the same. They looked into each other eyes for a while and Jongin answered Jihyo’s question. “Yeah. Of course I am.”

Then Jongin leaned closer towards Jihyo and the young lady just look at him with a smile. “Are you going to kiss me?” Jihyo raise her eyebrow.

“Are you going to reject it?” Jongin replied with a question but Jihyo did not complain and shook her head, giving permission to Jongin to kiss her. Without hesitation, Jongin leaned in again… closer… and closer…

“Hey, guys!” Jongin abruptly stopped and hanged his head down while Jihyo shot a glare towards Minjung who was running towards them happily. Jongin lifted his head again when Minjung arrived with Jongsuk following her from behind and he asked them if they bothering something because Jihyo’s expression doesn’t look good. And Jongin just shook his head helplessly and let out a cynical chuckle as a reply.

Jongin closed his eyes as tears flowing down. He wanted to be strong but everything he did was useless. Every time he closed his eyes, Jihyo’s face always appeared; making his heart felt a pain.

“I don’t want to hurt you…” Jongin whispered to the empty space. Later, that midnight he cried alone until he fell asleep.

 

 

~3 years later~

“Song-sama… where should I put this box?” a tall lanky guy carrying a box walking near to a young lady wearing a navy blue loose buttoned-shirt and black skinny jeans.

“Oh, Takuya-kun, did you do the delivery again today?” Jihyo smiled when she saw the young boy.

“Yes. In fact I’ll do the delivery to your café this whole summer vacation! Isn’t it great? I get to see you every day,” Takuya replied excitedly with his funny Korean with Japanese accent. Jihyo always laugh when he did that, nevertheless she also found that it was cute.

“Ha. Ha. Ha… you’re so funny Terada Takuya-san,” another male voice came in. Jihyo’s immediate reaction was to smile widely. She recognized that voice so much.  “She would never be yours.”

“Seungri!” Jihyo turned around and saw her favorite guy wearing his black jeans and a formal tuxedo behind her spreading his arms wide, inviting her into a warm hug. Jihyo smiles continued and she ran to him and jumped into his embrace. Seungri pushed back a little and chuckled by Jihyo’s cute reaction and pat her back. He looked up again and met his eyes with the annoyed Takuya.

“You want to know why?” Seungri paused and then he smirked. “Because she will always be mine.”

“Hmm, someone sounds so confident,” Jihyo broke the hug and raise her eyebrows to Seungri and he does the same to her (as if telling her: seriously, you do love me) which made Jihyo shook her head in defeat. Jihyo turned around to face Takuya again. “Takuya-kun, this is the money and thank you. I’ll see you tomorrow, okay?”

“Okay. I’ll see you tomorrow,” Takuya’s smile came back again when he saw the smile Jihyo gave to him. He bid his farewell, waving his hand to Jihyo and left the café.

“Sooo… How’s my baby girl?” Seungri back hug Jihyo and inhale Jihyo’s scent. Jihyo just enjoyed the warmth Seungri gave her before broke free from Seungri again. She turned around to face Seungri and cupped his face and stared his panda-like eyes. It was long and warm.

“I miss you,” Jihyo stated.

“Me too.”

And then they were hugging each other again.

 

~TO BE CONTINUED~



ugh, why i can't finish this T-T