Chapter 18

Love Me Now

After the tearful reunion of Jihyo and Jong Suk, they went to the Ferris wheel to celebrate their reunion. It was already evening; the view of the park from the Ferris wheel looked extremely beautiful. Jihyo placed her head on Jong Suk’s head, the place where she always favored since they were young. Jong Suk was looking out of the window, his heart felt at ease as the slow movement of the Ferris wheel.

“Jihyo, do you still remember when you said you love me on the day you left me?” Jong Suk suddenly broke the silence. Jihyo lifted her head from Jong Suk’s shoulder. She turned her head to faced Jong Suk but the latter was still looking out of the window.

“Why are you asking me this question?” Jihyo became restless when Jong Suk did not gave her a response nor looking at her. She thought that Jong Suk might be angry at her for breaking their promises.

“Jongie…”

Still, there was no response.

“Okay, I know I broke the promises we made. I’m sorry. But, I still remember how I loved you before,” Jihyo took his both of his hands gently. Jong Suk turned to her and looked at her eyes. It was full of sincerity. After a moment, they hugged each other.

“I know, your heart is does not belong to me anymore. Someone already stole it. But, I just want you to know that my feelings towards you never change,” Jong Suk broke their embrace and looked at the teary eyes of Jihyo.

“Heh, it’s true I already have a boyfriend but we already break up. Remember?” Jihyo scoffed when she thought about the day when Jinwoon ditched her. Jong Suk caressed her cheek gently. Jihyo could feel it was filled with love and warmth.

“I know, but I didn’t mean about your ex-boyfriend. I knew you already closed your heart for him and also for other men,” Jong Suk’s words made Jihyo looked at him confusedly. He took a deep breath and let out a sigh flavored with disappointment.

“You are afraid, Jihyo. You’re afraid to let a new love to enter your life. I hope you’ll notice that someone is trying to reach you, to love you and protect you,” Jong Suk sounded more serious than usual which made Jihyo felt nervous without a reason.

“Jongie-ah, you know me better than anyone else. You should understand me,” Jihyo did not like to be pushed into a relationship without her will.

“I’m not talking about me, Jihyo. And, I believe you know that man better than me. Please don’t be a coward, Jihyo.  Because that coward is not the girl that I love,” Jong Suk said. Jihyo widened her eyes and suddenly unknown feelings surfaces involuntarily. She has been thinking about Jong Suk’s words. She stared at the serious looking Lee Jong Suk. Before she could ask another question, Jong Suk turned to her and gave a wide smile, showing his perfect teeth formation.

“And I hope we could still be best friends forever, like before,” he knew that he could only be Jihyo’s best friend and not more than that. She looked at him in surprised but then she smiled and hugged Jong Suk again.

Jong Suk thought to himself that he was lucky to see Jihyo's smile again. She had the prettiest smile for Jong Suk and he would always cherish that smile.

 

-At Jihyo’s apartment-

Kai dragged his feet lazily to the apartment door. He yawned and cursed to the person who disturbing his slumber.

“Who is it?!” Kai asked angrily while messing up his hair.

“Uhm, it’s me, Jihyo,” a female voice behind the door could be heard. Kai opened the door and looked at Jihyo irately.

“Geez, don’t gave me that hideous look. You’ll scare our guest,” Jihyo pushed Kai aside and removed her shoes.

“Huh?” Kai was left dumbfounded by Jihyo.

“Yo! Sorry to disturb you,” Kai turned his attention to a familiar male voice which was Lee Jong Suk. Kai looked at him apathetically and walked away, following Jihyo to the kitchen.

“Why do you have to disturb my beauty sleep? Don’t you bring your keys?” Kai was standing behind Jihyo who was busy chopping some vegetables. She knew Kai has not eaten his dinner and Jong Suk wanted her to cook for their dinner. So, she quickly put on her apron and started her job.

“Oh, sorry about that. I was so excited about the date, that I forgot to bring my key,” Jihyo let out an embarrass laugh which Kai found out to be so cute.

“Who are you? A high school girl who just have her very first date today?” Kai teased Jihyo.

“Whatever you want to say mister,” Jihyo did not have the mood to fight with Kai. He made a small pout and looked at Jihyo’s back. He was standing behind her so close enough until there was only a small space between them.

“Hmm, I need some oni…” Jihyo’s sentence was stopped when she turned around and found that Kai was in front of him. Luckily, Jihyo put the knife on the cutting board before turning around because with their position, she could stab Kai with the knife.

There was a silence. Jihyo was looking directly to Kai’s chest while Kai lowered his head a bit to look at Jihyo’s head. Their heart was beating faster than normal.

While they were standing in the kitchen like a doll, Jong Suk sat on the chair placed outside the kitchen counter with his right arm supporting his chin on the counter.

            

He looked at the couple from Jihyo to Kai, repeatedly with a pout.

“Are both of you...” they were alarmed by Jong Suk’s voice. “…going to stay in that position and let me starving to death here?” Kai and Jihyo blushed and looked at Jong Suk’s poker face.

“Uhmm… I was… uh… I was looking for my onion,” Jihyo immediately acting busy while Kai rubbed his neck at the awkward situation. Jong Suk smiled in satisfaction at the scene in front of him.

“Hey, Kai. Why don’t we have a man talk in the living room,” Jong Suk suggested and showing his nice rows of teeth, Jihyo and Kai simultaneously observed Jong Suk with confused look. Nevertheless, Kai followed Jong Suk to the living room, reluctantly, to be honest.

“So, what you want to talk about?” Kai took a seat beside Jong Suk.

“Hmm, I know what you did today,” Jong Suk said without looking at Kai and he sounds really serious. Kai was shocked by Jong Suk sentence; his eyes were full of terror. He looked at Jong Suk and he never saw Jong Suk with a freaking serious face before.

“Wha… what do you mean? Of course I had stayed in this apartment for the whole day,” Kai was soaked in his own sweat. Jong Suk turned his head to Kai’s direction and gave him scornful smirk.

“Oh really? Don’t lie to me because I will not buy your little lie,” Jong Suk stared Kai right to his eyes. Now, Kai knew he could not run anywhere since he was locked in Jong Suk’s gaze.

“I knew you had instructed 3 young men which I didn’t know who they are, to spy our date,” Kai was shocked when he heard the words that came out from Jong Suk’s mouth.

“How did you know?”

“Hmm. Don’t underestimates my pretty eyes, young man,” Kai scoffed when he heard that.

“But…” Kai turned his attention back to Jong Suk. “…you don’t have to worry. I’ll help you,” Jong Suk said with a smile.

“Huh? What do you mean?” Kai became confused by Jong Suk’s words game.

“I am…” and Jong Suk moved closer to Kai. He whispered the remaining words to Kai’s left ear.

And Kai reaction was,

(And this is my reaction):

"I shouldn't be hearing this," Kai thought. His mind felt empty by Jong Suk's words. Then suddenly, Jihyo came to living room calling them for dinner but she saw Kai's expression.

"What's wrong with him?" Jihyo bend down and stared at Kai's frozen face.

"Oh, don't mind him. He'll be fine. Let's go~," Jihyo was dragged by Jong Suk to the dining table and left Kai alone, again.

What did Jong Suk told Kai again this time. Evil Lee Jong Suk. He was a demon wearing a human mask.

"WHAHAHAHA....MUAHAHAHA..." Jong Suk's evil laughter. p/s: it was only in his mind.

 

~TO BE CONTINUED~

 


Okaaay~ Chapter 18 is here. Enjoy~

Pls comment your opinion and advices about this chapter... I'll appreciate it and thank you so much to everyone who commented, subscribed and read this not-so-amusing story.