I'm in the story of you

Yoseob and me; Wish upon a star [Sequel]
 
 
Your fingers slammed the keyboard in frustration. No! It can't end like this... Remember those memories. Remember the snowy tree. Remember the kiss!
The door clicked open and you glanced up wearily. The nurse ducked her head in and smiled, "Nat, you have a visitor"
You were sitting on your bed. A white bed, crisp and clean, just the way they wanted it. CL bowed to the nurse quickly before closing the door behind her. She gave you a worried frown. 
You lowered the laptop you were holding onto your bed and smiled at her. 
"Oh, Nhat, don't tell me you've been writing again," she sighed as she sat down by your side. 
"I have to," you answered. "It's been so boring in here"
She held out her hand and gestured to the closed laptop by your hip. "Can I see?"
CL was your proof-reader, and one and only editor. You handed her your laptop and nervously waited for her reaction. She smiled at first but then started to frown as she read the deeper scenes. 
"Oh, Nhat..." she murmured. "You have to stop thinking like this"
You looked away.
"Nhat, there's no such person as Soo Yuna," CL admonished. "I'm flattered that you included me though. I thought I'd never be introduced"
"I just want to see Yoseob again," you sighed.
"I know but writing a story about being inside Jun Hyung's body is a bit ridiculous don't you think?" she laughed. 
"Anyways!" CL brightened as she changed the topic. "I came here with a surprise"
She turned to the door and cupped her hands, "You can come in now"
The door opened slowly. Then a hand reached in hesitantly. The figure turned their back to you as they closed the door. Then they turned. And you gasped aloud.
"Oh my God"
He waved a wrapped gift box with a brilliant smile and started towards you. You felt your heart rise in excitement and you turned to CL for confirmation that you weren't dreaming. She nodded with an excited smile. 
"No," you whispered to her in shock. "No way"
"How's my beautiful shining star?" Yoseob grinned as he sat down beside you, lightly kissing your cheek.
You stared at him with wide eyes and an open mouth. 
"Did you miss me?" he continued to grin. 
You nodded slowly, still in a state of shock. How? How? The closest I've been to him was through my story! 
"I called Jun Hyung and asked him to tell Yoseob to come back," CL explained. "It's been too long since you last saw him. I figured you would feel better after seeing him again. For real this time"
"You still have my bracelet, right?" Yoseob asked as he held your hand, sliding back your hospital gown to reveal the chain. 
"Of course," you murmured, looking down at the chain. 
"I got you something," Yoseob said, turning to hand you the gift. Excitement was clear in his voice. "I hope you'll like it"
You stared at the box curiously. "Should I open it after you leave again?"
He winced, "I'm sorry about last time. I really am. I'm not leaving you again"
"Why?" you couldn't help gasping aloud. "How can you stand to be with me? I'm a mental case!"
"Shh," he leaned forward to kiss you, effectively silencing you. "You're not that"
You savoured his lips upon yours. The first time since you had last seen him. And this time it wasn't written out. 
He sat back and smiled at you. "Open the present"
You nervously tugged at the silver ribbon on the deep blue box. Then you lifted the lid and found another box inside. Then another. You stopped and gasped as your fingers closed on the last possible box. It was a tiny black velvet ring box. You had no doubt.
You stared at him, alarmed. "What..?"
He guided your fingers to open the small box. Inside, under white cushion, lay a ring with a crystal star. You pulled your hand away, scrambling back to the top of your bed in shock. Oh my God, what?! 
Yoseob glanced up, unnerved by your rejection. "It's not what you think. I'm not asking you to marry me, not yet"
You didn't know how to respond. You felt a small relief and yet there was a disappointment. You nervously stared at him in question.
He crawled forward and sat before you on the bed. He held out the box and proposed, "Nhat, this ring is a promise ring. It's a ring that tells you that I will always be with you. I won't leave you for another girl. It'll be hard for both of us, but I will try to come back as much as I can. I'll stay in Korea when I need to perform and return when I'm free to spend my time with you"
He met and held your eyes. You had been staring at the ring the whole time. "Will you accept me?"
Your eyes widened at his words. Your mouth responded before you could decline. "Yes..? Wait, I... don't... know..."
"Nhat," CL walked over and touched your hand lightly. "This is Yoseob. The real Yoseob. Not the one you antagonised in your story"
"Story?" Yoseob frowned, oblivious to your work of boredom. 
Your feelings were mixed with reality and fiction. There was the Yoseob you truly loved in reality and then there was the one you wanted to strangle and hit in your fantasy. They both seemed to merge into one person. You wanted to hit the man sitting in front of you and yet... you couldn't.
You covered your face with your hands as the overwhelming emotions overcame you. "I don't know! I don't know what's real anymore"
Frustrated tears slid down your cheeks and you felt warm arms around you. Yoseob held you close before murmuring, "I'm real. My love for you is real and your love for me is real too"
You sniffed but said nothing. Yoseob continued, "I know we have a lot to catch up on since I left. I know things are crazy right now. I know... I just know"
He shook his head and said, with determination this time, "It's going to take a long time but as long as I can get you to smile again it'll be worth it all"
You started to smile. A small smile. But he couldn't see. You closed your eyes and inhaled softly. Then you whispered, "Thank you, Yoseob"
You pulled back and looked at CL, "Thank you, CL"
"Thank you so much. For everything," you whispered. "I'm sorry for being so crazy. I'm sorry for being so difficult"
"I'm sorry for writing such a ty story but I thank you for reading it"
AND THUS THE READER BECAME THE WRITER...
 
A/N: I don't know what I'm doing... I guess I decided to switch things up a bit. I'll reveal my original plot in the end. It's almost finished~~~ ah, it's actually almost over. I have my final exams starting Monday and for two weeks I'll be doing my final tests for high school. Forever. And then I graduate~ man, I first started this fanfic when I was about 15 turning 16 and now I'm reaching my 18th. I can't believe I've grown so much and how my readers have grown with me. It's been a wonderful run even if my story has been ty. Thank you for sticking by this story and Yoseob for this long. P.S. I've fallen in love with Yoseob all over again. That boy has grown into a man ~ ♥
 
Song Lyric: Fiction