In front of me, you’re like a sharp flower, a rose

Yoseob and me; Wish upon a star [Sequel]

 

The bracelet is gone. The bracelet is gone. The bracelet is gone. You stepped out into the corridor and with each step forward you felt your insides clam up. It's gone! Oh my God, the bracelet is gone. The image of the silver chain flashed in your mind as you tried to remember where you last had it. It was - You winced and closed your eyes, momentarily stopping in the hallway. Your eyes flickered open in memory. Oh! When I was talking to CL... 
"Dammit," you muttered. "Where did I put it?" 
When you entered the room, you kept the passive, charismatic face Junhyung was known for. Everyone was seated neatly at the table - everyone and Soo Yuna - and were already eating away. The only spot left was the seat between Yoseob and Gi Kwang. You squeezed in quietly between the two and nodded around to each member at the table. 
"Nice of you to finally come down and eat," Du Jun smirked but he didn't continue the jab. 
You felt Yoseob's arm brush against yours. Waves of guilt coursed through you as you remembered that the bracelet was his gift to you. And you lost it. 
You were lost in your own thoughts as the rest of the table continued to talk about their day. Soon the food in your plate was down in your stomach though you barely remembered even lifting your hand. The plates were cleared and you sat back silently in your chair. 
"Yuna," Yoseob wheedled beside you. "Are you thirsty? I'll get you something drink"
You snapped back into reality at his cheerful voice. Only then did you remember that your competition was at the same table as you.
"If it doesn't bother you, Yoseob," she said sweetly. It sickened you that she spoke so nicely. You wanted to hate her so much but there was nothing to hate except for the fact that she had Yoseob from you. And then there was the fact that she was famous and pretty.
At least I can see, you thought bitterly. As Yoseob stood, the table was clear and empty except for Gi Kwang and Yuna. There was a thick silence between the three of you at the table.
"Jun Hyungie," Gi Kwang spoke after a few moments. "You've been quiet all this time. Is everything alright?"
You startled in your seat and straightened. "Yeah, I'm fine"
"Jun Hyung," Yuna murmured softly as if testing the name on her lips. "You seem different"
You frowned slightly and laughed lightly. "How?"
"I don't know," she continued in the dreamy voice. "It has been a while since we last spoke. Maybe I am only imagining things" 
"Right..." you said trying hard not to roll your eyes.
"Ah!" she spoke suddenly in a high tone. "There it is! You were not very rude like this before. You were kind"
"What are you trying to say about me now?" you edged. You couldn't help it. Who was she to say that you were rude. 
"Relax, hyung," Gi Kwang laughed. "She's very fragile"
A larger spark of annoyance flashed inside you and you growled slightly. "And I'm not?"
Yoseob's voice carried through before he appeared at the entrance of the room. "I poured out some juice. We have nothing else-"
He paused when he noticed your defensive posture towards Yuna. 
You took in a deep breath and relaxed back into your seat, still slightly annoyed. 
Yoseob shook his head slightly and continued to smile as he handed Yuna the drink. "Here Yuna"
"Yose, I need to talk to you," Gi Kwang leaned around you and spoke to him quietly. "It's about... work"
You stiffened in your seat as you realised that it would mean being left alone in the room with Yuna. You started to stand and leave but Yoseob grabbed your arm.
"Stay here and entertain Yuna," Yoseob frowned. 
The two members left the room and disappeared. You could hear their faint murmurs in the dark corridor but you couldn't hear what they were saying. After a quick glance at Yuna to make sure she was truly 'visually impaired', you stood quietly.
"I'm going to the bathroom," you muttered.
Yoseob and Gi Kwang were still outside in the corridor talking. You tiptoed towards the bathroom and quietly closed the door behind you. They didn't notice you enter. 
You pressed your ear towards the door and listened.
"... this bracelet. Do you remember it, Yoseob?" Gi Kwang was saying.
You heard a sharp intake of breath and Yoseob's angry voice, "Where'd you find this?"
"That's not so important. The thing is, I think Nat's moved on," Gi Kwang said softly. 
"Well, then good for her," Yoseob gritted out. "I can't be there for her"
"What if she was here now?" 
"What?! She's here?" Yoseob sounded half panicked half excited. "Where?! Have you seen her?!"
Then he asked in a more resolved tone. "Have you spoken to her?"
"No," Gi Kwang said slowly after Yoseob's little insanity outburst. "But you already have Yuna. Why are you so excited to know?"
"I-," he paused, struggling for words. "I just want to see her after all this time"
You couldn't help it, you peeked out of the crack in the doorway. With the darkened hallway and dark bathroom, they could not see you clearly. There was a flash of silver in Gi Kwang's silhouetted hand. 
You mentally gasped. So that's where it was! THIEF! STEALER! GI KWANG! WHAT THE HELL? 
"Yoseob, I think you should give this to the one you really love," Gi Kwang spoke softly.
Slowly, it felt like slow motion in your eyes, Gi Kwang handed the chain over to Yoseob. 
"No!" you whispered sharply. "I need that!"
 
***

A/N: Vote my story? XD To be honest, I think this voting system will be a lot better than the old 'the more Karma you got the higher your chance at getting featured' thing. I'm gonna promote a song that is super cute and will probably stay in your head for a long time ^^ TimeZ - Hooray For Idols~ It's C-Pop but it's a really cute song and pretty catchy. their debut is coming soon~

Even if this chapter , or my whole story, or you just looked at it for two seconds, can I have a little roll call? Who's reading/visiting? Comment below~ ^^

Song Lyric: Dream Girl