Loss

Equations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: it's time...

 

Jihyo had no option, she couldn’t cancel her schedules. Especially not when it’s overseas. The day following her fight with Gary, she left to go to China with Keia. 2 days after, she was back. It was a Monday, which meant it was time to film Running Man. Things were still awkward between Jihyo and Gary. They didn’t talk during filming, making it awkward for everyone.

“I’m staying at my parents’ with Keia.” Jihyo calmly told Gary and left. She dropped Keia off before filming. Kwangsoo stopped her.

“Noona, Are you free for dinner?” He asked. Jihyo was free and Keia was properly looked after. They went to a restaurant near the filming location, Jihyo, Kwangsoo, and Jaesuk.

“Jihyo-ya… I don’t mean to make it awkward, but is something going on between you and Gary?” Jaesuk asked, trying to ask as carefully as possible. Jihyo sighed, she didn’t want to talk about this, but at the same time, she hadn’t told anyone yet. Besides her family, no one knew that she was pregnant, or that Gary and her were fighting over an alleged affair. One she didn’t get to explain to Gary. Jihyo looked at the two men in front of her.

“I’m pregnant.” She said, feeling relieved that she could finally tell the two brothers that were family to her. Kwangsoo and Jaesuk looked surprised, a little smile on their face, but it quickly disappeared.

“But you’re not talking to Gary hyung.” Kwangsoo said.

“He…” She paused. “He thinks I’m having an affair.” The two men paused in disbelief. They never thought Gary would ever suspect Jihyo of that.

“But you…” They interrupted.

“I’m not.” She said before they could finish. “He thinks this child is not his.” Jihyo said, tears started to well up in her eyes again. She felt the warmth of her hand after slapping Gary’s face. She remembered the way he looked. She remembered how it hurt her like it hurt him. It still hurt her. She didn’t want them to think any other way, though, so before they could think, she explained herself, “This child is his. I would never do that to Gary oppa.”

Kwangsoo reached out for Jihyo’s hand. He rubbed the back of her hand, trying to calm her down.

“Noona…” Kwangsoo said, feeling bad for the two.

“You both should talk about it.” Jaesuk suggested. “It’s a misunderstanding. You shouldn’t be stressing too much. It’s not good for the baby either.” Jaesuk said.

“I’m afraid that he won’t love this baby, oppa.” Jihyo broke down, admitting her biggest fear.

“Gary hyung would never do that.” Kwangsoo said.

“What about Keia?” Jaesuk asked, changing the topic for a while.

“We haven’t had the chance to tell her about the baby, and this happened.” She said. “She’s with my parents. She’s been asking for her appa… So I should go see her now.” She said. The two men nodded.

“Talk it out nicely and gently. Your children shouldn’t know about this.” Jaesuk said, hugging Jihyo. She nodded.

“Let me drive you, Noona.” Kwangsoo said, not wanting Jihyo to go alone at a time like that. Jihyo thanked the two men, let Kwangsoo drive her, and they ended the night.

“Eomma!” Keia said in excitement, seeing her parents together after a couple of days. Everyone was in the living room, gathered together. Jihyo went around giving them hugs but stopping when she reached Gary. “Appa ppoppo jwo.” Keia said, oblivious.

“You’re overworking yourself. You shouldn’t do that to my baby nephew or niece.” Jihyo’s sister said. Jihyo just smiled.

“Seriously, you two, what’s going on?” Jihyo’s mom said. “Go work it out, we’ll wait inside.” Everyone was sick of seeing the two fight. They didn’t know what was going on, but they knew Gary well, they knew Jihyo well. What could possibly go wrong between the two, that, they didn’t know. Seongmoon carried Keia and the family went to their separate rooms, leaving Gary and Jihyo alone.

“What are we doing?” Jihyo asked Gary.

“I don’t know.” He said, tired of the drama. It seemed like it’s been forever. “I’m tired of this. What are we going to do?” He asked.

“We’ve been friends long before we’ve been a couple. You know me better than anyone, oppa.” Jihyo started.

“Don’t go there… Please.” Gary said, cutting her off. “Do you still go to that hotel?” He asked. Jihyo looked away. “Are you still planning to meet him?” He asked. Jihyo stayed silent. “Answer me!” He shouted. They could immediately hear Keia’s cries.

“Lower your voice, oppa.” Jihyo said, getting impatient.

“I tried to push the thoughts of you and him aside, Jihyo-ya.” Gary said, tears running down his face. “I don’t even know this guy, but he haunts me at night. I can’t sleep because I keep thinking that I’ll lose you. That I’ll lose Keia and you. That that baby you’re carrying is his!” He paused, trying to breathe. “I am constantly afraid that after all this time we spent building our family… This would be the end.” He said. Jihyo was crying too, unable to say anything. The two of them know that they didn’t want it to end.

“You didn’t even give me a chance to explain, and you accuse me of all these things I would never…” She stopped. He could finish that sentence for her. “You know very well that both of us tried so hard to get to this point. Then why is it so hard for you to trust me?”

“Maybe because I caught you red-handed at a hotel?” Gary asked.

“Where I don’t get a chance to explain myself.” Jihyo shouted. “And instead of asking me, you went and take a look at my messages? Followed me the whole way there?” She asked. “I’m not the only one who has some explaining to do, oppa.” She lowered her voice.

“Fine.” Gary said. “Why are you at a hotel with a guy I’ve never heard of? Texting so affectionately.” He tried to be calm and rational. Jihyo rolled her eyes.

“He’s a friend.” She said. “If the situation wasn’t like this… If his condition wasn’t like this, I’d introduce him to you the moment you ask.”

“If I ask?” He asked. “What if I never asked? Would you have kept him from me until one day I got a goodbye note from you?”

“Oppa…” Jihyo stopped him.

“And what is his condition? This situation?” Gary asked in disbelief. He couldn’t stop himself even if he wanted to. He was deeply, so deeply hurt. “Is he married too? Did you two have an affair while you two are married? What did I not give you? Am I not enough for you?” He asked, desperate.

“It’s nothing like that, oppa. And you know that you’d always be the one for me. You and Keia… Our family is the most important thing and you know that.” Jihyo pleaded. She was honest, and he knew, but something inside him won’t let her off the hook that easily.

“Is divorce…”

“Oppa!” Jihyo shouted. “That’s enough, we’re not going down that road. Not ever.” She said.

“Kei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter