Baby

Equations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: Thank you for the warm welcome back! (love) Another one...

Keia had been discharged from the hospital and is back home. Gary’s family was visiting for a late birthday dinner. While waiting, Keia was playing in Gary’s and Jihyo’s room.

“No, no… Eomma. Hajima!” Keia whined. Jihyo laughed and pulled the Jenga brick that had three bricks in a row. “Appa.” Keia called Gary. Gary looked up from his phone.

“Wae?” He asked her.

“Eomma pulled that block.” Keia whined, pointing at the block. Gary laughed wiping the sweat out of her face.

“Don’t whine like that.” Gary said. “But you haven’t lost yet, the game’s still on. Why are you even crying?” He asked. Keia said nothing but hugged Gary’s neck. Jihyo laughed and stood up, going out to go get a drink. Gary rubbed Keia’s back. “Don’t whine like that. It’s a game, how can you ask your opponent to do what you want?” He asked. Jihyo came back in. “Why are you so cheeky?” He asked his wife. Jihyo grinned in mischief.

“Come Keia, let’s continue.” Jihyo said. Keia shook her head. “Wae? You haven’t lost yet.” Jihyo told her daughter.

“Eomma nappa!” Keia said. Jihyo and Gary both laughed.

“Don’t be a sore loser, you haven’t even lost yet.” Gary said to her daughter. “C’mon, finish the game.”

“I think she’s sleepy.” Jihyo said looked at Keia’s face, but talking to Gary. She smiled at her daughter. “Are you upset cause eomma did what you didn’t want me to do?” She asked again. Keia nodded. “Arasseo, mian.” She said softly. “But you can’t be a sore loser, ok? If you lose, that’s ok, it’s all a game. We can play again next time.” Keia nodded.

“That’s why you should listen to eomma’s and appa’s words.” Gary said, taking chance out of the moment. The parents laughed. “You need to know how it feels too.” He chuckled. “Go finish the game.” He said, letting go of her hands. Keia let go and then went back to continue playing with her mom. She pulled a brick and it thankfully didn’t fall off. Jihyo went on, and Keia went on, and finally… Jihyo thought she should go easy on her daughter, besides she learned her lesson, and it was her naptime. She purposedly took out a piece she knew would make the bricks fall and it did. The three laughed at the fall and Jihyo smiled looking at her daughter.

“Help eomma clean this.” Jihyo said to her daughter. Jihyo and Keia started putting the blocks into its box. “Appa… Why are you doing?” Jihyo nagged. Gary laughed and joined the two. Their whole purpose was to teach her to help out anyway. Clean up was done in no time and Keia snuggled under their covers. She yawned, it was time for her rest anyways. Her parents stayed on each side.

“Go sleep.” Jihyo said and she kissed Keia’s forehead. Keia snuggled near her and closed her eyes. Gary left another kiss on Keia’s forehead, falling asleep himself. “I’ll go out to get things ready, oppa.” She whispered. Gary stood up as well, following Jihyo.

“Appa, don’t go…” Keia whined. Gary sat back beside Keia and patted her chest. Keia relaxed.

“Everyone is coming tonight. We still have to get ready. Appa needs to help eomma, ok?” Gary said softly. Keia just whined. “I’ll stay with you until you fall asleep then.” Gary lied down next to her. Soon after, Gary felt her grip loosening so he went outside.

“Asleep?” Jihyo said. Gary nodded, giving her a backhug. “How can she be so competitive? Who does she take after? She’s so much like you sometimes.” Jihyo said.

“What are you saying?” Gary laughed. “You’re the competitive one.” He said. Gary kissed Jihyo’s cheek. “That’s ok as long as she isn’t a sore loser.” Jihyo let go of his grip and moved around to set up the table. “Do you need help?” He asked her. The two got the food ready and then set up the table. The doorbell rang a couple hours later. Gary’s whole family entered.

“How have you been?” Gary’s dad said to Jihyo. Jihyo said that she’d been good. “Where’s the baby? She’s all well, right?” He asked.

“She took a nap a little late today, so she’s still asleep.” She responded. “She’s fine though, we just need to keep an eye on her.” She said. Her father-in-law smiled and kissed her forehead.

“That’s good to hear.” He said. While he was leaving, their sister-in-law came to Jihyo, Geonwoo going along. He nagged on Jihyo’s shirt. The two sister-in-laws greeted each other first, laughing and catching up, and then Jihyo lifted Geonwoo up.

“Hi, you…” Jihyo said. Geonwoo giggled, looking for Keia. “Keia’s in the room, you wanna go wake her up?” She asked, putting him down. Geonwoo ran inside the room to wake Keia up while the adults caught up with each other. Gary joined the rest of the family in the living room. Geonwoo soon ran out of the room and hid his face on Gary’s lap.

“Wae? Wae?” Gary laughed at his nephew’s actions. Soon after, they could hear Keia’s cries, looking for someone as she woke up alone. The adults laughed. Geonwoo must’ve seen Keia on the verge of tears. “Nawa, Keia.” Gary called out. Keia was surprised at the sounds they were making outside. It had been a while since she was surrounded by loud laughter from many different people.

“Keia…” Jihyo said, calling out to Keia. Keia didn’t come out, but her wailings got louder. Jihyo finally got up and went to their room. “What’s wrong with you?” She asked her daughter, laughing. Keia walked straight into her arms and Jihyo carried her outside. Her face was buried against Jihyo’s shoulder. “Look who’s here.” Jihyo said to Keia, wiping the tears off her face. “Say hi, Keia.” She said a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter