Returned

Equations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: And after a long break, Gary is back! :D

Keia was excited to see her dad again. Jihyo dressed her giddy daughter in a grey tee and pink shorts, a white snapback and pair of white sneakers. Keia got up and left to get her backpack. Jihyo smiled and got ready herself. She changed into her light grey jeans and white shirt.

“Are you ready to see appa?” Jihyo asked Keia as she seemed to be busy drawing on the bed. Keia looked at her mom with bright eyes and nodded. “What are you gonna say to appa?” Jihyo said as she laughed.

“Appaaa!!!” Keia said, causing Jihyo to laugh. Keia laughed along and jumped down the bed. “Eomma dowa jwo.” Keia went to Jihyo’s side and gave Jihyo the marker she was holding. Jihyo looked at her, confused.

“What do you want to write?” Jihyo asked Keia as Keia climbed up Jihyo’s lap. Jihyo put her arm around Keia’s waist and put the marker in Keia’s right hand, holding Keia’s hand from the outside. Jihyo looked at Keia while Keia seemed to think. Jihyo laughed at her serious face, reminding her of how serious Gary could be when he writes songs.

“Appa bogoshipeosseo.” Keia said, looking up at Jihyo with her big eyes. Jihyo’s heart sank, but is relieved that Gary was finally coming back. Jihyo masked her face with a smile and started moving Keia’s hand.

“There you go.” Jihyo said, exchanging happy glances with Keia. “Let’s leave now then.” Jihyo said, looking at the time. Keia took the paper with her and ran towards the front door. “Keia, ddwiji ma.” Keia looked back and slowed down, waiting for her mom impatiently. Jihyo smiled at her daughter. She caught up with Keia and the two left for the airport.

As if she had been through a hard day, Keia fell asleep immediately after she entered the car. Jihyo checked on her from the mirror and smiled looking at Keia who had fall into a nice, comfortable sleep. A call came through from her mom so she picked up, lowering the volume of the speaker so it won’t wake Keia up.

“Yeoboseyo?” She answered.

“Muohae jigeum?” Her mom asked.

“I’m on the way to the airport to pick up Gary oppa.” Jihyo answered, looking straight ahead. The traffic light turned to red and she stopped, looking at the navigation screen. “Wae eomma?” Jihyo asked.

“Ani aniya… I was just wondering what you’re doing.” Her mom said and Jihyo smiled. Moms will always be moms. “Is Keia with you?” She asked Jihyo.

“Eo, but she’s sleeping right now.” Jihyo said, starting the car again as the light turned back to green. Jihyo’s mom made a soft understanding sound. “O, eomma…” She said. “I heard that we’re going to film abroad, we still don’t know when, but do you think we should bring Keia with us or leave her with you and Gary’s parents?”

“Eonje?” Her mom asked and Jihyo laughed.

“Ajik moreugesseo.” Jihyo said, and Keia woke up startled. Jihyo looked at her from the mirror and smiled at Keia. “Keia, are you awake?” Jihyo asked and Keia looked at her, then rested her eyes again. Jihyo laughed. “She went back to sleep.” Jihyo told her mom.

“She takes after you.” Her mom said, teasing Jihyo. Jihyo reminded her mom about the question. “Ask Keia.” Her mom told her. “Both of you and Heegun are going?” She asked. Jihyo said yes. “She wouldn’t want to be left behind.” Jihyo hesitated for a moment, she knew it would be a hustle to bring Keia with them, but what her mom said was also true.

“Eomma, gajima…” Keia whined from the back.

“O, ireonasseo Keiaga.” She talked on the phone. “Aniya…” She then looked at Keia from the mirror. “I’m not going anywhere.” Jihyo said as she chuckled. “Do you wanna talk to Halmi?” Jihyo asked Keia.

“Keia eodiya?” Jihyo’s mom asked Keia.

“Chaeseo.” Keia said. “Eommarang apparang gat-igagoshipeo…” Keia said and Jihyo laughed, but said nothing. They have finally arrived at the airport, so they ended the call. She parked the car and got out of the car. She opened the back door, unbuckled Keia and put her down on the ground. “Eomma, appa eodiya?” Keia asked.

“Appa? He’s still in the plane. He’ll be here soon.” Jihyo said, walking with Keia’s hand in hers. Keia used her other hand to hold the drawing she had done earlier. Jihyo took Keia to the waiting area, which was luckily not so crowded. She spotted a couple people who carried Gary’s album or pictures, probably waiting for him to arrive. “Keia, iri wa.” Jihyo said, avoiding the crowd to not make a fuss.

They looked for a less crowded area, and waited for Gary’s call. A couple people approached to get Jihyo’s signature, or a picture with Jihyo. Keia held onto Jihyo’s leg, avoiding getting her pictures taken. Just then, Gary called. Jihyo saw the caller ID and kept a straight face.

“Yeoboseyo?” Jihyo answered. Gary told her that he was going out. “Arasseo.” She said then ended the call. She naturally excused herself and waited by the exit, carrying Keia in her arms. She thankful that in Korea, not a lot of the fans wait by the airport. “Eo!” Jihyo said as she spotted Gary. She pointed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter