Away

Equations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: Keia is back! But Jihyo is leaving...

“Did you pack everything already?” Gary asked. Jihyo looked at him and nodded. She smiled and climbed up the bed, slipping under the covers. “Uljima, neon.” He said, laughing. Jihyo laughed along.

“Ah… Can I trust her with you for a whole week?” Jihyo asked Gary. Gary looked at her, chuckling.

“What are you saying? I’m her appa.” Gary said.

“That’s why I’m worried.” Jihyo said, “Because you’re her appa.” She stuck out her tongue at him, chuckling.

“Don’t worry about it.” Gary said. “We’ll call you everyday.” He said. “Especially if she’s crying, because I might not be able to calm her down.” Gary said, laughing. “Go to bed. Your eyes will look tired otherwise.” Jihyo nodded and the two lied down, Gary falling asleep as Jihyo checked her phone for the last time that night. Instead of falling asleep, she stared at Gary and Keia. The two looked so similar as they were asleep. She Gary’s cheek with the back on her index finger and planted a kiss on his lips. She then kissed Keia’s forehead and joined them in slumber.

Light shone through their window shyly, but Keia woke up nonetheless. Her bedside was empty, she immediately ran out, knowing that Jihyo was leaving today. She saw her parents conversing, and the tension disappeared. She was able to relax a little.

“Oppa, I’ll go directly to the church retreat by the end of the week. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen anyone.” Jihyo said. “And you have a stage that day right?” She asked and he nodded.

“Do you think she’ll want to come with your dongsaengs?” He asked. Jihyo laughed and looked around, thinking.

“Oh, good morning, Keia…” Jihyo said, looking at her sleepy daughter. Keia came trotting, rubbing her eyes. Keia leaned onto Jihyo’s legs. While Keia was still in her pajamas, Jihyo was already dressed. She had a grey t-shirt and black jeans on. Her black leather jacket was on the table. “I’m leaving in 10 minutes, I was just gonna wake you up.” She said. Keia rested her head on Jihyo’s shoulder.

“Eomma gajima…” Keia whispered. Gary smiled at Jihyo and she stayed silent. Jihyo stood up, making breakfast for Keia.

“What do you want to eat? Do you want a toast?” Jihyo asked, feeling Keia’s nod against her shoulder. She made a toast filled with chocolate jam. Meanwhile, she wore her jacket and grabbed her handbag. Keia tied her arms around Jihyo’s shoulders, knowing that the goodbye is coming soon. “Yeogi anjha.” Jihyo said, putting Keia down on her chair. Keia didn’t let go, so Jihyo just sat, seating Keia on her lap.

“What am I supposed to do when you leave?” Gary asked, hinting at what was to come. Jihyo just laughed.

“She’ll be fine once I leave, oppa.” Jihyo said. “You do this all the time and she’s always fine after a while.” Keia stayed silent in Jihyo’s lap. Jihyo tore the toast, and bit an end of it. “Do you want this?” Jihyo asked Keia, pointing at the toast on her lips. Keia held her head up and snatched it from Jihyo’s mouth. Leaving a kiss on Jihyo’s lips all the while. Jihyo chuckled, but Keia just silently returned to resting on Jihyo’s body.

Then, Jihyo’s manager came in. Jihyo looked at him and smiled.

“Samchon ojima…” Keia said, shooing Jihyo’s manager away. She wrapped her arms around Jihyo like Jihyo belonged to her. Jihyo chuckled but stood up, handing Keia over to Gary. Keia screamed and reached out for Jihyo, but Gary held her tight. Jihyo got her handbag and her phone then went to the door with Gary and Keia. “Eomma!” Keia screamed, tears welling in her eyes.

“Arasseo… Go hug eomma.” Gary said. Jihyo looked at Keia and lifted Keia once more, holding her tight. She squeezed Keia a little, leaving her kisses on her cheeks. Jihyo’s sight blurred, seeing Keia like that.

“Ppoppo.” Jihyo said, pecking Keia on the lips. Jihyo wiped Keia’s tears away and chuckled, trying to make Keia smile. “Have fun with appa, ok? I’ll be back even before you realize it.” Jihyo said, hugging her one last time and handing her over to Gary.

“Take care, ok?” Gary said, hugging Jihyo. Jihyo nodded and leaned in for a kiss that Gary responded to. “Stay safe… I’ll see you in a week.” Gary said. Jihyo nodded and hugged her family once more before going into the car. Gary kissed her forehead and let her get into the car.

“Saranghae…” She whispered to both Keia and Gary. Keia was already giving Jihyo her back, crying onto Gary’s shoulder. Gary waved until Jihyo disappeared from his sight. He then carried his crying daughter back inside. He set Keia down on sofa and left to go to the kitchen.

“Is eomma gonna be home tomorrow?” Keia said, wiping her own tears. Gary smiled at her.

“You’re fine when we leave for work all the time.” Gary said, looking for something in the kitchen. “What do you want to do? We have 1 week without eomma. Let’s have lots of fun.” Gary said, trying to cheer Keia up. Keia shook her head. “Do you want to have ice cream and jelly at the same time?” Gary asked his daughter. Keia looked up at him, interested. “But this should be a secret between you and appa ok? Don’t tell eomma…” He said. Keia nodded, smiling again. He took out the cup of chocolate ice cream they kept in the fridge, opened it, and put some gummy bears on top. “Here,” He gave it to Keia. “What should we do today?”

“Can we go play?” Keia asked. “I miss imo and samchon.”

“Should we go visit them? Or should we have lunch with them?” Gary asked. “Let’s call them first then.” Gary took his phone and video called Jihyo’s brother.

“Yeoboseyo?” Sungmoon answered. Gary shared the screen with Keia. “Keia… Annyeong. Are you calling me because you and appa are lonely?” He joked. Gary stared at him and they both laughed.

“Samchon, look at this.” Keia said, changing the subject. She showed her uncle the ice cream and gummy bear she was eating.

“What is that?” He asked. “Is that ice cream and jelly?” He said, faking a surprise. He knew Gary must’ve bribed her with that. Keia giggled.

“Keia, that’s supposed to be our secret.” Gary said.

“Appa said not to tell eomma… Samchon is not eomma.” She said, making Sungmoon laugh. Gary then got back to the screen, calling his brother-in-law.

“Are you busy?” Gary asked. He also

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter