Mr. Gae

Equations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: Back here! Here's a long update for you. Read ahead...

Jihyo left early that morning to film Emergency Couple. Gary sent her off and stayed home for the day. It was 7, Keia was usually up at that time, she would be out and looking for her parents, walking out of her room with her stuffed rabbit in her arms. That day, she seemed to still be asleep. Gary had breakfast alone, checking his email while Keia was still asleep. He decided to check on her. He opened the door gingerly, afraid that he was going to wake her up. And there she was, already up and looking blank as ever. He was surprised.

“Oh? Are you up? Why didn’t you go out?” Gary asked her. He then realized that she looked scared too at the moment. He approached her. “Wae?” He started to become concerned. Then Keia crawled into his arms and started to sob. He picked her up and patted her back, trying to calm her down. She kept pointing at the other side of her bed. Gary was confused. “Toto?” He asked her, reaching for her doll. She shook her head vigorously.

“Appa musowo…” She whispered and held onto him tight. Gary became worried, wondering what she was pointing at. He went to the other side of her bed and still found nothing. He looked at the floor and then he knew what she was talking about. She must’ve threw up right after she woke up, because it was all over the floor.

“Do you not feel well?” He asked her. He carried her outside and sat her on their sofa. “I’ll go get you water.” He turned the TV on and left to get her a glass of water and a thermometer. She did have a fever. He sat next to her, trying to call Jihyo. She climbed onto his lap and continued watching the cartoon. After 7 unanswered calls, Gary decided that Jihyo was filming at the moment and he’d try again in a while. “What do you want to eat today?” He asked.

“Bread!” She said, sounding excited but her voice was softer than usual. He smiled at her, at least she still wanted to eat. At least she can still put a smile on her face and be excited. He told her to move and then grabbed her the bread she wanted. He tore the bread, piece by piece so that she could eat it well. While she was eating, he went to her room to clean up the floor.

“After this, let’s change your clothes and let’s make a pretty picture before your naptime.” He suggested peeking his head out of the room. She nodded.

“And read my a book before naptime.” She added to that list. He laughed at her and agreed. He took out a tan t-shirt and a pair of dark grey leggings. She complied right away and while she was watching, he was able to change her. Jihyo called back.

“Sorry I just finished the first scene, why did you call, oppa?” Jihyo said in a second. She seemed to still be busy, rushing. He hesitated for a moment, but he knew it would be worse to not tell her, so he told her.

“Keia’s sick. She threw up this morning, but I’m going to…” He looked at their daughter and whispered, “give her the medicine soon.” He was relieved she didn’t catch that. “She’s eating right now.” He was right, Jihyo became worried. Of course she was, it was their daughter. After trying to convince her that he knew where the medicines were and that they were going to be fine, he heard her being called on the other side. “It’s ok, we’ll be fine. You work hard and come back as soon as possible.” He told her. “Keia, it’s eomma, tell her to work hard.” He said to Keia, handing over the phone. Keia was immersed in the cartoon, but she took the phone.

“Eomma fighting!” She said and giggled then returned the phone back to Gary. He laughed.

“Kwenchanha… She’ll get better soon.” He said. He heard her sigh, a sign that she was still worrying. Then she was called again. “Mongji-ya… Don’t be too worried, take care of yourself too.” He said before ending the call.

“Arasseo oppa. I’ll be home soon, hopefully.” She said.

After ending the call, Gary focused his attention back to Keia. She was dancing along to the song. He got up and got the medicine. He went back with the medicine. She looked at him and backed away. The smell reached her nose and she wasn’t happy about having to take any sort of medication. He set down the medicine and sat down.

“Keia, come here.” He told her. She shook her head, unsure and afraid. “Aniya, kwenchanha.” He said. “It tastes like candy.” He lied, trying to get her to take it, but he failed. “Arasseo, then let’s play a game.” He changed the topic. “Let’s see if you know all the animal sounds.” He said. She slowly approached him, and while he sat on the mattress, she sat on the sofa. Her legs was around the sides of his body. “Dwaeji?” He asked looking at her.

“Kkul kkul.” She giggled. Tigers? “Eoheung! Eoheung!” She said with her fingers forming the paws of a tiger. Gary laughed, his hand slowly reached for the medicine.

“Oh, you’re smart. Ok, cat?” He said.

“Yaong…” She said. He told her to do it better, and open bigger. “Yaong…” She said again, giggling. He also laughed with her, feeling guilty for what he was going to do.

“I don’t think you can say that in slow-motion twice.” He said, trying to make her do it.

“Ya-ong… Ya…” She said slowly and he was able to shove the medicine into . She gulped in and then whined. Gary felt really guilty, but masked it by chuckling and pulling her closer to him.

“Mianhae, mianhae.” He chuckled again. “I’m going to get the paper and markers, do you want to come with?” He asked her, trying to get her mind off of it and she nodded with tear-filled eyes. “Ok, come.” He stood up and took her hand in his. She whined, wanting to be carried. Like a father would melt to his daughter’s requests, he did and bent down to carry her. They went to her room, take out a roll of construction paper and markers and went back to the living room. He sat on the mattress and let her stay on his lap. “How big do you want it to be? Should we make a really big one?” He asked her and she nodded. Then she looked up at him, eyes starting to smile. She stretched her arms as far as it could reach and giggled. He laughed and cut a long piece of construction paper for them to work on.

“I’m going to draw Toto.” She said. She took the pink marker and started to draw her doll. It had ears like it, but it wasn’t so great whatsoever.

“Wa… Jalhanda!” Gary praised her. “Do you want to write anything?” He asked her. She continued to draw her stuffed rabbit. After she finished the outline, she stopped and sat on the mattress, seeming to pause to think. Then she nodded. “What do you want to write?” He asked.

“Mr. Gae.” She said and laughed. Although her parents didn’t allow her to listen to Mr. Gae, she knew that her dad just released an EP titled Mr. Gae. She didn’t know why her dad was Mr. Gae, but as far as she’s concerned, dogs are called mongmongi. Gary laughed at her answer.

“Who taught you that?” He laughed again. He wasn’t sure about how he felt about that, but thinking it was funny, he wrote it down. She didn’t read yet anyway. Keia was back drawing, and Gary grabbed the green marker to write Mr. Gae. After he wrote it down, he laughed again. “You can be my promoter, Keia.” He muttered. The two drew random things on there, just passing time. Gary drew a mandu at the bottom of the page. Keia paid attention, stopped from drawing her half-finished rainbow.

“Appa, I want kimbap too!” She said. For a while he thought that she really wanted kimbap, only after seeing where her eyes were directed to did he know that she meant she wanted him to draw a kimbap. He chuckled and started drawing one. “Wa! Kimbap!” She said and she approached him. She lied on the mattress and hugged the paper, position

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter