Away

Equations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: An update! Here you go! :D

After dinner, the family of three sat in their living room, producing countless pages of scribbles. Keia’s hands were messy, markers’ mark of every color were everywhere.

“Keia, do you wanna try to write your name?” Gary asked. Keia came over to his side and nodded, sitting down on his lap. Gary held Keia’s hand, spelling her name slowly. “Kang…” He said as he made the first syllable.

“Like appa’s name!” Keia exclaimed. She had no idea how it’s written, nor can she repeat it again, but she knew Gary’s name starts with a Kang.

“Right?” He asked her, smiling that she’s recognizing these little things. He then continued on. “Ke…” He said, drawing her name’s first syllable. “I…” He said, and Keia laughed, looking at the circle and straight vertical line. “A.” He finally finished. “We named you one syllable too long, so you have to learn more. Sorry.” He said jokingly. Jihyo, who was scribbling herself laughed at Gary’s comment.

Keia was fascinated by Hangeul, and continued to scribble next to her dad’s handwriting. Most of all, she liked doing the “I” in her name. Of course, her lines were messy, but she tried.

“Appa, igeo bwa.” She said, pointing at all the “I”s she had written. “Keia!” She said, saying that what she wrote was her name. “Eomma, eomma, igeo bwa.” She said, pointing at her masterpiece again. Gary and Jihyo laughed, it was just a fourth of her name.

“Are you actually Kwangsoo samchon’s daughter?” Jihyo asked her, looking at how many “I”s she had written. Keia just giggled happily, believing that she had succeeded in writing her own name. After an hour of playing around, Keia’s eyes looked droopy. Gary looked at Jihyo and they immediately knew that it was Keia’s bedtime.

“Ou… Appa jollyeo.” Gary said, lying down against Jihyo’s back.

“Eommado jollyeo.” Jihyo said, resting her head on the floor. Keia looked at her parents, pouting.

“Then eomma and appa should go to bed.” Keia said, pouting. Jihyo buried her face against her arms, holding back her laugh. And Gary was laughing against Jihyo’s back, covering his mouth with her back.

“What are we gonna do with her?” Gary whispered to Jihyo and got up. Jihyo got up after Gary and headed back to their room. “You can sleep in our room tonight if you come now.” Gary called out. They always let her sleep in their room every once in a while anyway. She was young, still. Keia looked up at him, seemed to contemplate for a while, but decided against the idea. She continued drawing.

“Ok, Keia, it’s time to go to bed.” Jihyo called out. Keia giggled and ran away. “Eomma ganda…” Jihyo said, going into their room. Keia immediately followed her when Jihyo was about to turn off the lights of their living room. She crashed onto Jihyo’s legs and held onto them, giggling still. Jihyo smiled and turned off the living room lights. Keia ran to her parents’ bed, jumping and collapsing on top of the pillows. Gary, who was staring at his phone, looked at Keia and laughed.

“What are you doing now? Are you trying to postpone your bedtime?” He asked her, putting his arm around her. Keia giggled and placed her palms against his cheeks.

“Appa saranghae.” Keia said, surprising Gary. Jihyo looked at the two and chuckled. She joined them in bed.

“Saranghae…” Gary replied his daughter.

“Appa joha?” Jihyo asked Keia, playing around before Keia would fall asleep. Keia looked at Gary and nodded, giggly.

“Appa joha Toto joha?” Gary asked her, holding her stuffed animal.

“Appa.” Keia said, but she was reaching out for Toto. Jihyo laughed at her, Gary did too. He rustled her hair. Keia patted it again, smoothing the mess. Gary then asked her to choose between him and Gil, she still picked Gary. Gary was smiling from ear to ear. Jihyo smiled, holding back her laugh watching Gary’s expression. He decided to take it a step further.

“Appa joha eomma joha?” He asked. Her parents looked at her with a smile, finding her serious face cute. She moved away and started to lean on Jihyo. She then turned around and buried her face on Jihyo’s chest shyly. Her parents laughed, Gary knew she would answer so anyways.

“Eomma likes appa better, though.” He said.

“An dwaeneundeyo.” Keia said seriously, making Gary and Jihyo laugh. “Eomma naegeoya!” She said, wrapping her arms tightly around Jihyo. He decided to be playful. While Keia peeked and looked at him with a shy smile, he joined in their hug. He hugged Keia from behind, embracing Jihyo too. Keia giggled at her dad’s action and Jihyo laughed. “Appado naegeo…” She said, staying in her mom’s arms, but embracing her dad for a little while. She then let go of him, watching him from her mom’s lap. Gary grabbed her by her side and placed kisses against her cheeks.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter