Happy Birthday

Equations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: Sorry for disappearing for too long. The past couple of months had been rough for me, but trust me, I miss this family as much as you... I knew I had to come back for Gary's birthday. I hope you will smile again with Keia's return! (love)

It was 12 am and Keia was sound asleep in Jihyo’s arms.

“Oppa…” Jihyo called out to Gary, unable to move. Gary woke up and sat by her side.

“Wae? Are you tired? Do you wanna switch?” He said. Jihyo smiled and pecked his cheek. “Wae? Wae?” He asked, but giving her a kiss in return.

“Saengil chukhahae…” She said with the smile she only showed him. “I’m sorry we have to spend it like this.” She said. Gary gave her a hug and she leaned on his shoulder. After a small talk, they went back to sleep again.

Early in the morning, Gary woke up and went out of the room, careful not to wake Jihyo or Keia up. He stopped by the cafe to buy a cup of coffee.

“Gary-ya…” Jaesuk said as he saw Gary buying coffee. “Saengil chukhahae…” He said, giving Gary a light hug. Gary turned to look at him and smiled.

“Ah, hyung… You’re here so early.” Gary smiled and thanked him. “Gomawo, hyung.” He said. Jaesuk nodded, carrying a bag of present for Gary and another one for Keia.

“Is she with Jihyo?” Jaesuk said as handed a bag to Gary who thanked him. Gary nodded, thanking him for making time to come. “Of course I’d come, what do you mean?” Jaesuk shrugged it off, smiling. They went to the room together and Gary opened the door. Jihyo was sitting down on the bed, asleep, holding Keia in her arms. “Has she been sleeping like this?” He whispered.

“Since last night.” Gary said. “Keia would wake up and cry whenever Jihyo tried to put her down.” Gary shook his head, feeling sorry for his wife. He closed the door and woke Jihyo up gently. Jihyo woke up and as Jaesuk tried to stop Gary from waking her up.

“Oh, oppa…” Jihyo said, looking at Jaesuk. Jihyo asked Gary for his coffee. “Oppa you’re here so early.” Jihyo laughed. Jaesuk caressed Jihyo’s head and then rubbed Keia’s back.

“Aigu… Why did you start the year in the hospital?” Jaesuk said to the sleeping child. An IV drip was attached to her hand. “Is she not eating well?” He asked.

“She barely ate anything since she was brought here, hyung.” Gary said in frustration.

“It must not taste good in .” Jaesuk said. “Just make sure she is well hydrated, and let her snack. Have you tried snacks or porridge?” Just then, Keia woke up. Jihyo looked at her.

“Ireonasseo? How do you feel?” Jihyo asked. Keia shook her head. “You don’t feel good?” She asked. Keia nodded.

“Let’s let eomma rest, Keia.” Gary said. “Appa will hold you.” Gary said. Keia shook her head. “Eomma’s tired, she needs to go to the bathroom.” He said. Keia shook her head. Jihyo rubbed her daughter’s back.

“Look who’s here.” Jihyo said, changing the topic. Keia looked at Jaesuk. There was a knock on the door. Gary went to open it. Kwangsoo and Jongkook came in. Kwangsoo brought a big teddy bear and Jongkook brought a basket of fruits.

“Wa…” Keia whispered. Jihyo and Jaesuk laughed.

“You like that?” Jaesuk asked Keia and she nodded, smiling. Kwangsoo came over and gave Keia a kiss.

“Why is my princess sick here?” Kwangsoo asked, rubbing her fringe off her forehead. Keia looked for a comfy position to sit. Jihyo adjusted her.

“Do you wanna sit on the bed?” She asked Keia. Keia nodded and Jihyo quickly moved her onto the bed. Jihyo then stood up and stretched. Keia whined. “I’m not leaving… I’m here.” She said, laughing. Gary brought her a change of clothes.

“Go and rinse yourself first. You look tired.” He said, hugging her and kissing her forehead. “Do you want to sleep?” He asked. Jihyo turned to look at Keia for a while then she looked at Gary again. “You should rest. Hyungdeul and Kwangsoo are here. Keia is preoccupied.” He said.

“I’ll just change and if she still doesn’t mind then I’ll rest for a while.” She said. Gary nodded and let her go change.

A while later, the doctor came in with the nurse.

“O… Good morning Keia.” She said. “Are you having a party in here?” She smiled at Keia and then greeted everyone else. Keia knew something might happen soon. She started whining. The doctor and nurse laughed. “Aniya, we’re just here to check on you. How are you feeling?” Jihyo heard Keia and quickly finished up rinsing.

“Eomma…” Keia screamed, seeing Jihyo come out of the bathroom. Jihyo looked at her with a smile.

“Can I touch your forehead?” The doctor asked. Keia shook her head furiously. Gary moved in and touched her forehead. Keia stretched out her arms towards him. Because of the IV drip, her ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter