Crawl

Equations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: 불금! For everyone here and Happy Saturday to you in the other side of the world! Enjoy! :D

It was their wedding anniversary, and being the romantic guy that he was, he remembered it and had planned something out. Jihyo couldn’t be home the whole day because of her work, but she went home quite early that night. As she was driving home, Gary was putting Keia to bed.

“Keia, come here!” He chased her around the house. Keia giggled, she wasn’t sleepy. She still wanted to play with her dad. “Don’t run around like that or you’ll get nightmares.” He told her. She paused in her steps, frozen. Gary took the time to catch up with her. He scooped her up and threw her over his shoulder. She giggled, feeling the air that brushed her so gently. “Come on, let’s sleep.” Gary said and he changed her into her pajamas.

“Appa are you going to tell me a story?” She asked him. Gary was tired, but what wouldn’t he do for her? He just smiled and told her to pick out a book. “Shirheo.” She said. Gary was confused.

“Do you want me to pick one for you?” He asked her. She shook her head again. Gary just didn’t know what to do. “Let’s just watch Pororo until you sleep then.” He told her, as his last reserve.

“Shirheo…” She said again. “I want you to tell me a story.” She repeated. He was confused then he got it.

“Ah, you want me to make up a story?” He finally asked her and earned a nod from her. “Ok then, we can do that.” He said. He slipped into her bed and told her to climb up as well. She snuggled next to him, resting her tiny arms by his side. Gary made up a story. Her breathing slowed, it became rhythmical. He stopped and looked at her, sleeping peacefully. Her lips curved at the end, as if she was smiling. He wondered what she was dreaming about, if she was dreaming at all. He smiled looking at her, leaned down and kissed his daughter goodnight.

Jihyo entered the house slowly. Their home was already silent, Gary must’ve put Keia to bed already. She took her shoes off and peeked inside. The living room was empty. She checked Keia’s room, slowly opening the handle so that she wouldn’t wake Keia up. Gary was in the room, almost asleep. Keia’s hands were wrapped around his fingers, holding onto him tightly. She smiled and walked in, stood on the other side of the bed and leaned in to kiss Keia goodnight. Keia shifted and it woke Gary up.

“Oh, you’re home.” He said, pretending that he wasn’t just asleep. Jihyo quietly laughed at him and leaned in to give him a kiss too. He accepted it gratefully. “Go to our room.” He said. Jihyo was confused. She looked around and Gary got up, leading her to their room. She walked inside and stopped by their bed. He stood behind her, his arms circled his waist, and he rested his chin on her shoulder. On their bed, a simple white dress was laid. She looked at him.

“What’s this?” She asked him, a smile on her face.

“Put it on.” He said, kissing her shoulder lightly. She looked at him lovingly, then looked out the door, worrying if Keia would wake up. “She’s passed out. She tire herself out already.” He said, as if knowing the inside of her mind. She then changed into it as told and they went to their dining room. He didn’t decorate the table with candles or flower petals like any other person would. He simply made a home cooked meal, everything Jihyo liked. Dinner was shared gladly between the two. There was something about the nuance, something they missed. Nights where the two can just not worry about anything. After dinner, he dumped the dirty dishes into the sink and dragged her back to their bedroom. She laughed at his every move, his love for her and hers for him don’t seem to change over the years.

“What are you doing now?” She asked him, rather skeptical. He just smirked. He had put his effort into this, he was hoping so bad that she would like it. Presents and all, sure, he had given them to her in the morning, but he knew other ways to please her. Ways that he knew would find its way to her heart. He plugged his phone to the speaker and played a song, rather quietly so it won’t wake their daughter up.

“I got a lot of help arranging this.” He said before asking for her hand. He took her hand in his and they swayed in their living room, bare footed. Smiles formed on their faces. The song played a soft melody, the small picks of the guitar. A familiar tune.

Not sure if you know this, but when we first met I got so nervous I couldn’t speak. That first line brought a wider smile to her face. It was their wedding song. A song, though, commonly used for weddings, was special for them. The song had been translated to Korean, of course. It brought back the memories. It brought back that feeling when he saw her walking down the aisle, her hand passed onto his by her dad.

In that very moment I found the one and my life had found its missing piece. So as long as I live I’ll love you, will heaven hold you? You look so beautiful in white. He smiled as he caressed her face, staring at the familiar face, familiar eyes, familiar smile, yet it evokes that famil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter