December

Equations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: I love this and the next chapter dearly because Sungmoon is based off of my own little brother (without the kid, of course! Someday when we're both grown ups) But I hope you'll enjoy them as much as I enjoyed these moments!

Thursday had finally come. Gary packed Keia’s and Jihyo’s bag they’d bring to the retreat. He put it in the car and with Keia, drove to Jihyo’s parents house. They arrived at 10:00, 30 minutes before Jihyo’s supposed to arrive. Jihyo’s mom opened the door for Gary and hugged him. She then Keia a hug too and Keia ran inside. She passed her grandpa, ran back and gave him a hug. He lifted her onto his lap.

“How have you been?” Her grandpa asked, kissing her cheek. Keia nodded, saying that she’s been fine. Hearing the commotion, Jihyo’s siblings went out of their room, going to the living room. They greeted Gary first.

“Hyungbo, are you coming?” Jihyo’s sister asked.

“Aniya, I have work. I’m just dropping her off.” Gary said. “I’ll wait till Jihyo comes.” His brother-in-law came and gave him a hug as well. Jihyo’s sister then ran over to her dad and Keia.

“Keia!” Sungkyung said, giving her a hug and smothered her with kisses. “Should we go play? Imo has a coloring book inside. Should we color?” She asked. Keia’s face lit up and she nodded. Sungmoon came over.

“Aniya, give me a kiss first.” Sungmoon said, grabbing Keia and hugging her. Gary just laughed at the siblings. It would’ve been even more frantic if Jihyo were there. “Samchon has a puzzle, should we do that instead?” Gary laughed, he knew exactly what they were doing.

“Imo joha samchon joha?” Sungkyung asked, smiling innocently at Keia. Keia looked at the two of them, and then Gary. Gary shrugged, chuckling.  Keia looked around and ran to her grandpa. She giggled, looking at her aunt and uncle.

“Habi!” Keia said, hugging her grandpa. Her grandpa, grandma, and dad laughed.

“Sungmoon-ah… We’re beaten by appa.” Her aunt said, faking sadness. Keia giggled, looking at her grandpa. “Geureom habi joha halmi joha?” She asked again. Keia let go of her grandpa for a while, then held onto it again. “Jinjja? Habi?” She asked. Keia nodded. “Habi joha appa joha?” Keia then looked at her.

“Appa.” She said, giggling. Her grandpa her back gently, smiling.

“Don’t lie.” Gary said from the sofa, looking at her. Keia shook her head, giggling. “Go play with samchon and imo.” He said to Keia, laughing. “They’re dying to play.” Keia laughed and went to play with her aunt and uncle.

Keia then went coloring with them. While her aunt was coloring neatly, Keia and her uncle were just spreading color all over the page. But they were having fun anyway. Soon after, Jihyo arrived. She went in the house.

“Eomma…” Jihyo called out. She took off her shoes, coming in.

“Eomma wattda.” Jihyo’s sister told Keia, but Keia played chic. She continued coloring. “Do you wanna wait until eomma comes here?” She asked. Keia nodded and the siblings laughed.

“She’s chic.” Jihyo’s brother said, not moving either. The two laughed.

Jihyo saw her mom and gave her a hug. Her mom rubbed her back. She then went to her dad and gave him a hug too. He kissed the top of Jihyo’s head and patted her on the back. He knew she must’ve been tired. Afterwards, she approached Gary. He greeted her with a kiss and a hug.

“You must be tired.” He whispered. She just stayed silent in his arms. He chuckled and rubbed her back. “I’ve missed you.”

“You smell like another woman.” Jihyo said, quickly pulling away as she laughed. She quickly pecked his cheek and said, “Now I need to see our kid. Where’s she?”

“How can you joke like that in front of your parents?” Gary said, looking at Jihyo. She laughed and caressed his face. “Go… She’s in your room with your dongsaengs.” Gary said and Jihyo went to her room right away.

“Keia!” Jihyo said as she opened the door to her room. The three looked at her. “I miss you so much!” She said, giving Keia a hug and a kiss. Keia struggled out of her mom’s embrace.

“Eomma ojima!” Keia said, telling Jihyo to go away. The three siblings were surprised. Jihyo’s siblings laughed after a while.

“Did you tell me to not come here?” Jihyo asked. Keia nodded. “But I miss you so much.” She said, kneeling in front of Keia. Keia stood up and went behind Sungmoon, asking him to hold her. “Wae geurae neo?” Jihyo said, faking a childish disappointment. She ran out of the room. “Oppa! Our child just told me to go away.” She said, calling Gary. Surprised, Gary immediately ran towards them.

“Jinjja?” He asked Jihyo. With her mong face, she nodded. Gary went in the room, looking at Keia. She ran towards Gary, asking him to lift her up. Gary looked at her, not picking her up.

“What’s with you today?” He asked.

“I don’t want eomma to come. I don’t want to play with eomma.” She said. Gary kneeled down in front of her and asked her why she was behaving like that. “I wanna go with appa…” She said, wanting to go with Gary that day.

“You’ve been looking forward to going with eomma and imo and samchon.” Gary said. “Why are you like this?” He asked her.

“Should eomma just leave again then?” Jihyo asked, rarely rejected by Keia. She nodded. “Jinjja eomma garago?” Jihyo asked again and Keia nodded again. Jihyo sat on her bed and pretended to be sad. Gary pointed at Jihyo when Keia looked at him.

“Eomma’s crying. Eotteokhae?” He asked. Keia held onto his leg.

“Eonni, I think you’re her least favorite person in the room right now.” Sungkyung said, still trying to make a joke out of it. “Keia, imo joha eomma joha?”

“Imo.” Keia said. And her aunt asked her to choose again. “Samchon.” Eomma and appa. “Appa.”  Jihyo sighed and smiled. She was Keia’s current least favorite person. She wondered what made Keia dislike her so much after only a week.

“Neo jeongmal jinjja…” In front of the others, she laughed it off and went out to look for food. Gary looked at her and knew that she was wondering about what she had done wrong. As she left the room, Gary sat down next to Keia, who went back playing with her aunt and uncle.

“Wae?” Jihyo’s dad asked her. Jihyo looked at him.

“Appa… Can you believe that Keia likes my dongsaengs over me?” She said like a little child. Her parents laughed.

“Are you jealous right now?” Her mom asked her. Jihyo opened the fridge and looked for food. “She’s probably just still upset

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter