Keo

Equations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: Before I leave for vacation. Enjoy! :D

When they arrived, Keia was still asleep, so Jihyo carried her inside. Everyone was excited to see everyone. They greeted their friends they hadn’t seen in a while.

“I didn’t know you were coming.” Ye-eun said to Jihyo. Jihyo gave her a hug. “And not with the baby.” She said, putting her hand on Keia’s back. They were then ushered to their rooms to unpack. Jihyo shared her room with her siblings while their parents shared another. Jihyo lied Keia down on the bed and they all went out again after unpacking.

“Remember that time we all shared a room and you fell out of the bed?” Eunyoung said to Sungkyung. They laughed at the memory.

Keia woke up. She looked around, finding no one. The door was opened though, to let Keia know that they were outside. The place was unfamiliar. Keia frowned.

“Eomma…” She called, but there was no response. Jihyo and the others were out in the yard, playing teamwork games before dinner. Keia went down the bed and saw an unfamiliar living room. “Eomma?” She called again. Still, no response. Jihyo’s dad went out of his room.

“You’re awake?” He said, walking towards Keia. He lifted her up. “Eomma’s outside. They’re playing games. Go join them.” He said, carrying her outside.

“Eonni! That’s not fair! You play these games all the time!” Ye-eun complained, laughing at the same time. Jihyo laughed. Jihyo’s dad went closer, and Keia was surprised to see many people playing, but it looked interesting. As Keia and her grandpa approached the others, they all looked at the two. The adults squealed when they saw Keia awake. They have another kid to play with. Keia was surprised with the reaction and turned away, sobbing on her grandpa’s shoulder. The adults immediately felt guilty, but Jihyo and her siblings just laughed. Jihyo’s dad handed Keia over to Sungkyung, who was the only one not playing at the time. She rubbed Keia’s back, kissing her cheek. Keia wrapped her arms tightly around her imo, starting to calm down.

“We must’ve surprised you…” Miyoung, Eunyoung’s older sister who was sitting next to them said. “Mianhae.” She said, patting her back. Keia looked at the unfamiliar person and just snuggled against her imo. A girl about 11 smiled at Keia. “You’re spoiled by imo aren’t you? How do you stick to him like this?” She asked. Jihyo’s sister just laughed.

“Say hi to imo…” She told Keia. “Miyoung imo.” Keia turned a little, and then hid against her imo’s body again. “Aniya, ppalli insahae.” Jihyo’s sister said. Keia then looked at her and bowed lightly.

“Annyeonghaseyo.” She whispered.

“Eonni too. Sooji eonni annyeong.” Jihyo’s sister said. Keia nodded and closed her eyes again. “Do you want to play? Eomma and samchon are playing.” Keia looked at the people playing but shook her head, still tired somehow.

“Ireumi muoji?” Miyoung asked Jihyo’s sister.

“Kang Keia.” She said. By then, the game ended. Jihyo’s team won and they were screaming in joy, teasing the other team. Jihyo’s brother came back and hugged Keia, swinging her back and forth. Keia giggled.

“Keia, say hi to everyone first.” Jihyo said, telling her to greet everyone there. Jihyo left to wash her hands meanwhile.

“Insahae.” Jihyo’s brother said, bringing Keia around. But their friends just gathered in front of Keia, surprising her. Being the only little kid there, they all cooed her. Keia was startled by their gestures and squeals.

“Gwiyeowo…” Ye-eun said, touching Keia’s cheek.

“Ah, I see it now. She does look like Sungim.” Miyoung said.

“Let’s play with imo.” Eunyoung said, opening her arms for Keia. Keia looked around. The men were there too, grabbing Keia’s hands.

“Just play with samchon and oppa.” Sungki said, trying to lift Keia. He held his 8-year-old’s son’s hand with his other hand. Keia was scared, not expecting the situation. Jihyo had come back. She and her siblings stayed where they were, watching the scene, laughing. Then Keia’s eyes welled with tears, her cheeks turned red, and her smile turned into a pout.

“Ah, ah, arasseo. Aniya, samchon will just stay here.” Youngin said, flustered. The three siblings checked on Keia, wondering why everyone was panicking.

“She’s gonna cry. Mian, mian.” Eunyoung said, rubbing the side on Keia’s arm. “Eotteokhae?”

“Then you just do this.” Jihyo’s sister said, lifting Keia up and passing her off to Jihyo. They all laughed and Jihyo kicked her sister’s leg, laughing.

“Why are you crying? There’s samchon, imo, oppa, and eonni here.” Jihyo said, wiping Keia’s tears. “Did you say hi?” Keia nodded. “Do you want to play before dinner?” Keia shook her head. Jihyo sat down next to her sister and they all continued their conversations until dinner was ready. The men were grilling the meat. They were sitting around the low dinner table. When the meat was done, everyone started eating.

“The last time I saw you, you were this small.” Sungki said, exaggerating how small Keia was. Jihyo laughed.

“Ah, oppa… The last time I saw your son, he was Keia’s age.” Jihyo said, laughing. Sungki nodded, remembering tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter