Song

Equations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: Sorry. Had a week long holiday, but now, enjoy!

Jihyo was left alone in their house. By noon, she left the house and headed for her parents’ house. Meanwhile, Gary and Keia were ready for Leessang’s performance at a music festival.

“Keia, stay here with imo, ok? Appa will be back in a while.” Gary said. Keia nodded and continued playing with her doll and some backstage crew. “She’s so compliant it makes me nervous.” Gary muttered and went up on stage. Keia insisted on going with Gary that day even though it was Jihyo’s day off. Jihyo couldn’t go to the concert though, because they weren’t sure when it’ll end and Jihyo’s mom had planned a family dinner with their extended family. Gary left and went up on stage.

Backstage, Keia was content playing rock-paper-scissors. She missed her naptime, but she didn’t even feel sleepy. The adults didn’t know her napping schedule either, not that she had a concrete one. The music to You’re the Answer to a Guy Like Me started playing. Gil left the stage. Gary had been told to change the lyrics for this one song. Gil came backstage to find Keia happily playing with the crew. He told her to come with him and she took his hand. They stopped behind the curtain and Gil started singing.

“나란 놈은 답은 너다. 나 쉽게 말해도 내가 말이 안되도…” He then paused and gave the microphone over to Keia. He knew she knew this part.

“나란 놈은 답은 너다...” She sang softly. Gary turned to look at his daughter and smiled, although surprised. The audience seemed confused at the sudden change of voice. Gil continued the rest. Then it was Gary’s turn to rap. Gil held Keia’s hand and brought her up on stage. Keia sprinted towards her dad and Gary took her hand in his.

“Tell me that you won’t leave me. You’re the only reason I have softened, abandoning my old bad habits. For you, I change for the better. I don’t want you to ever look at me with disappointment. And I’m serious, I’ll do my best.” Gary bent down and knelt on his knees. He continued his rap. “Do you think I do this for no reason? Don’t you cry. I love you so much, I bend my knees. I hold you tight when I’m sorry. I won’t disappoint you with excuses, just please don’t go.” Keia wrapped her arms around his neck as Gary finished his rap. Gary then took a stool and sat on it, lifting Keia onto his lap. Gil continued his chorus, repeating it over and over with the audience while Keia enjoyed singing along.

The audience cheered when the song was over, and Gil can officially introduce Keia to the audience.

“Let me introduce to you… Kang Keia!” Gil said, motioning Keia. Gary made Keia stand and bow. She politely bowed to the audience, but hid behind her dad’s legs again after a while of the shouts.

“I think we have to end this concert now that Keia’s here.” Gary said. “All of our songs are very mature.” Gary hesitated and laughed half-heartedly. Gil agreed.

“Eomma norae!” Keia said from the stool Gary made her sit on. Gil heard it and looked at her. He asked her what Gary should sing and Keia repeated what she said, “eomma norae.” Gil looked at Gary and Gary looked flustered. He was blushing. Because he wouldn’t start singing, Gil approached Keia without his microphone.

“What’s eomma’s song?” Gil asked. Keia whispered and Gil understood why Gary was flustered. Gil laughed at his friend and turned to Keia. “Haebwa.” He said.

“사” Keia started singing, but Gary went back to cover . He didn’t cover it too hard because he didn’t want to hurt her, so her muffled voice can still be heard. “람냄새가 나서 네가 너무 좋아져…” Keia started singing, making the audience scream loud.

“Your scent!” They all demanded Gary to sing the song. Gil, being the playful yet supportive friend that he was led the crowd to plead for the song until Gary will sing. Having no choice, Gary started rapping, only accompanied by the claps of people’s hands.

“You tie your hair back, so I can see your forehead. Your hair bounces every time you walk.” Gary started, surrounded by the screams due to Keia’s revelation. Keia didn’t know what was going on, but enjoyed the music anyway. Several songs after, the festival ended and they thanked everyone for coming.

Jihyo, on the other hand, was exhausted. She and her siblings had prepared for the dinner and now had nothing to do. They decided to take a brief nap in her bro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter