As Thick

Equations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: Finally back. Here you go.

Early that morning, Gary needed to go to work. He wrote a note by the bedside table for Jihyo and left. Not long after, Keia woke up. The room was still dark, only the sunlight that managed to make its way through the blinds was visible. Keia crawled to Jihyo sleepily and rested her head on Jihyo’s arm and closed her eyes again while yawning. Jihyo woke up to her touch. She caressed her daughter’s forehead.

“Are you awake?” She asked. Keia suddenly turned, their faces facing each other and she laughed. Jihyo grabbed her by the side, and cradling her by one arm, she turned to the side. She kissed Keia’s cheek repeatedly, causing Keia to giggle. “My cheeky monkey.” Jihyo said to Keia. She then let Keia go and got up. She knew Gary would leave a note, so she checked the bedside table and smiled at the note.

“Where’s appa?” Keia asked while Jihyo washed her face.

“He left for work already this morning.” Jihyo explained, and Keia shrugged. Jihyo handed her the toothbrush layered with children’s toothpaste. Although it was still awkward, she brushed her teeth. Keia then went to her playroom while Jihyo got washed herself. When she was done, she peeked through the door of Keia’s playroom and saw Keia reading a book upside down. She chuckled and went inside.

“What are you reading?” She asked. Keia pointed at the book and showed her the picture of the bear in the book. She offered Keia breakfast, and Keia stood up immediately and ran towards the kitchen. She brought Keia a strawberry jam toast, and once Keia started eating, she brought her a glass of milk. She was satisfied looking at her daughter eat. “What do you want to do today?” She asked.

“Eat! Eat! Eat!” Keia said whilst lifting her food. Jihyo laughed. She knew her daughter loved trying new things as long as Gary or her said it was fine, so she thought of taking her out for street food. Keia had always seen videos of her parents eat street food and she had been asking about what those food are for a while.

 “I don’t know if I should take you to eat street food.” Jihyo contemplated. Keia looked confused as she had never had street food. “Do you think you can eat street food?” She joked and Keia nodded. She laughed at her daughter’s eager response.

The bell rang, and her brother was standing in front of the door. She opened the door for him and left Keia with him while she went to change. She put on her jeans and grey t-shirt.

“It’s about time you try street food. Your parents had been feeding you weird food for too long.” Her brother said as she re-entered the kitchen. “Noona, did you tell maehyung yet?” He asked his sister while she was dressing Keia. She nodded saying that she just did. He laughed at how eating street food becomes a discussion. Keia was t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter