Rabbits on the Moon

Equations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: Keia's back...

That day, there was a close family friend’s wedding. In the morning, Jihyo got ready. She wore a light pink, casual short dress with her hair done in a curl. Her makeup was done light. She then checked on Keia. Keia was in the living room, playing with Jihyo’s brother.

“But the cats on the moon are blue!” Keia said to her uncle. Jihyo chuckled, not knowing where Keia got this idea. She didn’t even know what the two were talking about.

“I told you they’re green.” Her uncle said. “Ask eomma.” He said. Jihyo took a seat next to her brother on the floor. Her brother was wearing a blue, long-sleeved shirt and gray pants. Jihyo told Keia to stand up and changed her into a short sleeved, white dress. At the end of the sleeves, there were 2 pink stripes that matched Jihyo’s dress.

“Eomma, the cats on the moon are blue, right?” Keia asked as Jihyo did Keia’s hair. She tied Keia’s hair into a ponytail.

“Are they?” Jihyo asked her in return, a smile on her face. Once she finished tying Keia’s hair, she stood up and got her purse. She took Keia’s little grey backpack too and gave it to Keia. Although she didn’t hear anything, she was quite sure that Keia had solved her disagreement with her uncle.

“Noona, do you want me to drive you?” Jihyo’s brother asked her. Keia nodded, responding to her uncle although she knew he wasn’t talking to her. Her uncle laughed at her and patted her head.

“Then you’d have to drop us off here again at night, that’ll be hard for you.” Jihyo said, feeling bad for her brother. “That’s fine. I can drive.” She said. Her brother nodded. Keia pouted and Jihyo saw. “Do you wanna go with samchon?” She asked Keia. Keia nodded. “You can go with him there. I’ll follow from behind.” Jihyo said. Keia’s smile immediately returned and she held onto her uncle’s hand. The three then left the house. Jihyo’s car followed behind her brother’s.

In the car, Gary called Jihyo.

“Yeoboseyo?” Jihyo answered as she drove, her eyes focused on the road.

“Are you on the way there?” Gary asked, he knew that Jihyo was going. Jihyo answered yes lightly. “Is Keia coming as well?” He asked.

“She’s with her samchon.” Jihyo said, laughing. “Are you rehearsing?” Jihyo asked Gary. Gary stayed silent for a while, letting out a sigh. She laughed in response. “Wae? Himdeureo?” She said, and her laugh disappeared, replaced by an understanding smile that Gary didn’t see.

“Do you wanna come here with Keia?” Gary asked, bringing laughter to Jihyo.

“Oppa…” Jihyo said, she knew that he knew that couldn’t happen. “You know we’d fly there immediately if we can.” She said, giving him a short pause. “It’s not that long anymore. You’ll be back here before you know it.” She said. Gary nodded on the other end.

“I know…” He finally said. “I have to go now. Drive safely and say hi to everyone for me, sorry I couldn’t make it.” He said. Jihyo agreed and ended the call.

Meanwhile, Keia and Jihyo’s brother had arrived. Jihyo’s brother held Keia’s hand and went inside the building, but not the hall. He was waiting for Jihyo and their family. He called their mom.

“Eomma, eodiyeyo?” He asked. His mom said they were already in front, so he waited. A minute later, Jihyo’s parents and sister were there, meeting her brother and Keia.

“Noona eodiya?” Their dad asked him. He told their dad that she was behind. They decided to go in first. “Keia, iriwa…” He said, holding out his hand to his granddaughter. Keia held onto him with her right hand and to her uncle with her left. The family went and greeted the bride and groom’s family.

“Is this Keia?” The groom’s father asked. Jihyo’s brother nodded, smiling. “Wa, she’s grown a lot.” He then kneeled to Keia’s level. “You’ve grown a lot, haven’t you?” He asked. “The last time I saw you, you were this big.” He said, showing the size of a few-month-old baby. Keia smiled shyly, holding onto her uncle’s hand tightly. “Neomu yeppeunde.” He said, looking up at Jihyo’s brother.

“Ai, kamsahamnida.” He said, laughing. He told Keia to say thank you, and she did shyly.

“She’s clinging onto you now.” The groom’s father said, laughing. After sharing a laugh, they excused themselves to go inside. “Ah, ne, ne… Deureoga.” He said, telling the Jihyo’s brother to go in, following behind his family.

“I need to go to the bathroom first.” Jihyo’s brother said to his other sister, leaving Keia with her. She nodded and took Keia’s hand in hers. She was wearing a white, short-sleeved dress, matching Keia’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter