High School Days

Equations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Notes: You guys are the best. I am very very very deeply moved by the sweet things you've left while I was away (I'm currently on a missionary trip in Southeast Asia). But I can't thank you enough for staying, waiting for the updates, and for missing Keia... You even reminded me that she's four this year. For a fictional character... She's soooo loved! Thank you guys. And although I haven't had time to write anything long yet, here's something I managed to write on the plane ride here.

It was Gary’s high school’s anniversary and Gary decided to come over. Jihyo had a filming around the same area, so Gary’s manager dropped her off before driving Gary to his high school. It wasn’t that he was an exemplar student in high school, but a teacher had asked if he could come by. When they arrived at Jihyo’s filming location, Keia was deep in her sleep.

“I’ll see you later, oppa.” Jihyo said, leaving a kiss on his lips before she opened the door. She caressed Keia’s face and kissed her forehead.

“Take care… I’ll see you later.” He said. The door closed and they drove to Gary’s school. When they were a couple of minutes away, Keia woke up. Gary looked at her and laughed at her sleepy face, wiping away the loose strands of hair on her face. “We’re going to see appa’s teachers and old school. Do you want to wake up before we meet them?” He asked, chuckling. Keia yawned and rubbed her eyes.

“I’m awake.” She said to her dad, making even Gary’s manager laugh. The three were there soon after, and Gary let Keia off her car seat and put her down. He took the gifts he brought and walked towards the entrance. Keia stayed where she was.

“Keia, c’mon… Let’s go.” Gary said with a smile. Keia shook her head. “Why? Are you shy?” He asked. Keia stayed quiet. Gary chuckled and offered her his hand.

“Appa hold me.” Keia said. Gary gave in immediately.

“You’re gonna hold this for me then.” He said, giving her some of the goods in his hands. Keia took them and went into Gary’s arms. Once they entered the building and saw some people, Keia felt the eyes that were looking at her. She rested her head against Gary’s neck and he knew she felt awkward and shy.

“She must feel weird going to your high school.” Gary’s manager said, chuckling. Just then, the principal, his old teacher, came out to greet them.

“Heegun-ah, you’re here.” He said. Gary immediately greeted him with a bow. “This must be your daughter.” He said, patting Keia’s back. Gary nodded, telling Keia to greet the principal. She did but hid her face again. “How can you be so shy and quiet when both your parents are celebrities?” He chuckled, ushering Gary to his office.

“Keia, give the gift to the teacher.” Gary whispered to Keia, setting her down. Keia went to the principal and gave a bag of gifts to him. The principal chuckled.

“Gomawo.” He said patting her head. Keia ran back to Gary and held onto his leg. The principal turned to Gary and thanked him too. “What is this?” Gary smiled.

“Oh, it’s nothing much.” Gary said. “My wife actually picked them out.” He explained while pulling Keia away from his legs. Gary’s manager told Keia to come over to let Gary chat with his former teacher.

“Oh, yes. You are well off now, aren’t you?” The principal said, smiling proudly. “Where is she?” He asked. Gary told him that Jihyo was filming nearby and he nodded. “I’ll accompany you to the teachers’ lounge.” He said. They went to the teachers’ lounge, and the principal offered him drinks. Because there were a lot of people, Keia stuck close to Gary.

“O… Kang Gary-ssi.” One of the younger teachers exclaimed. Gary greeted everyone in the room and with his manager’s help, gave each teacher a small gift.

“Oh, who’s this?” One of Gary’s old teachers sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter