Meet

Equations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: School's out! Here you go... Appa-Keia time. (love)

“Keia, should we go play for a while and then should we make lunch? Do you wanna make your own lunch?” Gary asked. Keia came running towards Gary and nodded, giggling. “Do you wanna go to the playground? Where do you wanna go?”

“Eomma!” Keia said, giggling. Gary laughed.

“Aniya, she’s too far. Let’s go somewhere closer.” Gary said, chuckling.

“Play cafe!” Keia said, talking about a kids’ cafe. “The one we always go to.” She said. Gary knew immediately which one she was talking about. He chuckled.

“Itaewon one?” He asked. “Arasseo. Let’s change then.” Gary said. Keia changed into a long-sleeved white shirt and denim jumpsuit that covered her up to her ankles. “Go get your jacket.” Gary said and then changed. Keia took her light turquoise leather jacket and started to put things into her backpack. Gary peeked into her room and chuckled.

“Appa, igeo, igeo…” Keia said, giving Gary a hairclip. Gary took it, and squatted on the floor. He sat Keia on his lap and tied two tiny ponytails and then put a toque on top of that. Keia giggled and got up, putting on her jacket and backpack. Gary drove them to the place and walked with Keia inside.

“Keia annyeong!” A server said as she saw Keia and Gary come in. They’ve been there a lot of times that she was easily remembered, not that it was hard to remember Gary or Jihyo.

“Insahaeyaji, Keia.” Gary said. Keia looked up at Gary and then bowed at the server.

“Eomma eodiya?” She said, kneeling in front of Keia.

“Working.” Keia said, holding onto Gary’s hand. “She’s living so far away now. She went to film people, but I don’t know why…” Gary and the server laughed.

“You got it all wrong.” Gary said, laughing. “She’s the one filming. She’s doing that for you. You go out and play too much.” Gary said. Keia giggled and gave him her backpack. Gary chuckled and took it. He then helped her take her jacket off and held onto it.

“Eomma said if I just sleep, sleep, sleep a long time eomma will be back before I know it.” Keia said, looking at Gary for assurance.

“Listen to your eomma.” Gary said, joking. The server laughed, knowing that Jihyo likes to sleep a lot. “Especially when your eomma isn’t here.” Gary said, making the server laugh. “Especially when appa’s tired and eomma’s not around. Sleep. If your eomma’s around, you can stay awake until the morning comes and eomma will take care of you.”

“But I want appa to stay awake too with eomma.” Keia said. “Appa always tells me to sleep but you stay awake with eomma…” Gary then stopped Keia from talking more. He closed with his hand and lifted her up. He laughed because he was flustered.

“Geuman…” Gary said, blushing. “You shouldn’t say revealing things in front of people.” The server laughed at what she was seeing. “Go order something and play.” He told his daughter. Keia giggled, struggling out of Gary’s arms.

“Cheese sandwich!” Keia looked at her dad. Gary looked at the server and back at Keia. “Eonni cheese sandwich juseyo.” She then giggled and hid her face on Gary’s neck. Gary chuckled. He put Keia down and Keia immediately ran towards the digital section. Gary then sat at a table nearby and checked his phone while waiting for Keia’s food.

Keia looked around. There were a couple of kids playing, some seemed to have come in groups. Keia stopped a couple feet away, looking at the kids who looked like they were having fun. There were 2 boys and a girl sitting together with 3 moms behind them. The kids looked around 5 or 6. One of the boys turned around and looked at Keia. He waved at Keia and she giggled, looking at her. His mom looked at Keia and smiled. She looked back at her son.

“Go say hi to dongsaeng.” His mom said. The boy walked with his confidence and approached Keia, but she ran away. “You wanna go after her?” The boy laughed and chased Keia, thinking it was a game of cats and mouse. Keia ran to where Gary was and quickly approached him, hiding her face on his lap, giggling. Gary was surprised. He laughed because she was laughing.

“Wae? Wae? Wae?” He asked, patting her back. He then saw the boy running towards Keia, laughing as well. “Did you make a new friend?” Gary said, smiling at the boy. “Ireumi muoya?” He asked the boy. He told Gary that it was Lee Jihoon. “Opparang gat-i nolla. I’ll call you when the food comes.” Keia looked at the boy, still leaning onto Gary. The boy approached and took Keia’s hand and they ran back to the digital room. Gary laughed seeing the two kids, shaking his head. “It feels weird. She shouldn’t have a boyfriend until she’s all grown up.” He chuckled, making the servers laugh as well. Meanwhile, Keia and the boy returned to the digital room.

“Annyeong.” The other two kids said to Keia.

“Jinjja ippeo, dongsaengi.” One of the moms said, being clueless about who she was. “What’s your name?” Keia told her that it was Keia. “Ah, Keya?” The woman said again.

“Aniyo… Kang Keia.” She repeated, smiling.

“She looks like a doll.” The girl’s mom said. “Her eyes are very pretty.”

“Her name sounds familiar doesn’t it?” The other boy’s mom said. “Where’s eomma?” She was wondering where the little girl’s mom is.

“She’s working. She’s filming far away.” Keia said innocently, giggling. Keia then started playing with the three kids.

“Here’s the sandwich.” The server said, setting the cheese sandwich down in front of Gary. Gary looked up from his phone and nodded, smiling. He thanked the server. “Do you want me to call Keia?” The server asked. Gary chuckled.

“That’s ok, I’ll call her.” He said and then thanking her. The server then left. Gary stood up from his chair and went to look for Keia.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter