Studio

Equations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: How are you doing? Keia's back, mostly with her dad. But first things first, Happy New Year! 새해 복 많이 받으세요~ (큰절)

They went back from vacation, and everything was going back to normal. Their schedules take control once again. Gary took Keia to his parents’ place. He was driving and she was strapped in the carseat, talking to him. When they arrived, he picked her up from the backseat, and carried her inside.

“Abeoji?” He called out to his dad. “Eomma?” He called out to his mom. His mom opened the door and welcomed them. She was delighted to see her son and granddaughter. The two went inside.

“Aigo… Keia, you grow every time I see you!” She said although they met the week before. His parents, like Jihyo’s, were absolute fools for their only granddaughter. “Come here…” She said, reaching out for Keia, but Keia only giggled, sticking to Gary. He tried to set her down, but she whined. He figured it may be because she was still sleepy, so he stayed for a while.

“Harabeoji, I’m going to draw you.” Keia said, starting to warm up to them. Gary stood up after watching her draw for a while, taking his leave. His dad told him to just leave, before she sees him. But knowing her, Gary snuck out and waited outside.

“Are you done drawing? Let me see.” Her grandfather said, peeking. Keia giggled and looked at him. She went back to drawing, and wanting to share what she was laughing about, she looked for Gary, but he was nowhere to be seen. She frowned, looking for him. Her grandfather noticed. “Appa needs to work. Let’s play then…” He said. He had the day off and wanted to see Keia, so Gary brought her over.

“Appa…” Keia called out. She started to sob, she didn’t want to part from both her parents. Not that day. Her grandfather approached her, caressing her.

“Kwenchanha, harabeoji and halmeoni are here.” He told her, but she won’t stop. Gary didn’t know what to do. He needed to leave soon, but she still wasn’t calming down. He sighed. His mom came in too, trying to calm her down, but she wanted her dad.

“Should we go see the puppies in the park, then?” Her grandmother asked. “Do you want to go to the park?” She asked. Usually the trick works, and Gary was counting on that. Not today, she just desperately cried for Gary. It hurt him how desperate she was for him.

“Eomma…” She then tried to call out for her mom. But like her dad, her mom didn’t respond. Gary then went inside, he knew it’d be pointless. Keia was pretty stubborn. “Appa!” She called out once she saw him. She ran towards him and clung onto him, not letting go. Gary wondered if it was because the incident that happened during their vacation.

“Arasseo, arasseo.” He told her, rubbing her back gently and wiping her tears. “How am I going to leave you crying like this?” He asked her. “What’s wrong?” He asked her, but she just silently cried, clinging onto him. He sat down again, calming her down. Although his parents were confused to how they will get her to calm down, they were pleased looking at their youngest son all grown up. He was mature, taking care of his daughter like that.

“Gajima, appa…” Keia begged her, starting to calm down.

“Appa needs to work.” He told her honestly, sitting her on his lap and looking at her. He wiped her face, all worked up after crying. “Wae ureo?” He tried to ask her again, but she was still shaken. Her breathing was still uneven. “You want to be with appa and eomma?” He asked her and she nodded. He sat there, tapping on the side of her legs. “What do you want me to do then? Eomma and appa needs to work. Eomma left this morning. She’s working with Jinhyuk samchon again. Do you remember him?” He asked her, trying to change the topic so that she’d take her mind off of it. She nodded.

“Appaga?” She asked.

“Appa needs to work in the studio, with the samchon in the studio, and Jungin imo…” He told her. “What about Keia stay here, with halmeoni and harabeoji. They miss you a lot.” He said, suggesting it to her. “And then, after you eat lunch and take a nap, appa will pick you up.” He said. Keia immediately tightened her grasp on him. She shook her head over and over, whining. “Arasseo, don’t whine like that. Talk with words.” He told her.

“Eotteokhae?” His mom asked him, not knowing what to do. He sighed.

“I’ll have to take her with me.” He said. She adjusted herself, locking her arms around his neck. “You are really something else.” He said to Keia, hitting her legs lightly, joking around. His parents looked disappointed, but they knew that he was right. Their granddaughter would spend the day crying if she was asked to stay. They finally set up another date where they all could gather together as a whole family. With her in his arms, they left. “Say goodbye to halmeoni and harabeoji.” He told her. She waved at them with her puffy eyes.

“Annyeong.” She said and went back to hugging Gary. Gary apologized to his parents and left for the company. Once they got there, he unbuckled her and set her down. Familiar with the place, she ran towards the door. He had his eyes on her while he locked the car. He went after her, going inside the building. “Are you going to work for a long time?” She asked him.

“How long are you going to let me work?” He asked her in a joke-like manner.

“1 minute.” She told him and he laughed. She laughed along because she made him smile. They walked into the studio and were immediately greeted by familiar faces. Jungin immediately approached Keia, kneeling in front of her.

“Keia!” She greeted excitedly, hugging Keia. Without letting go of Gary’s shirt, she accepted Jungin’s hug. She giggled at Jungin. “Keia, imo misses you so much! Do you miss me?” She asked Keia and Keia nodded. She carried Keia to the sofa, showering her with kisses. Gary laughed, looking at the two and just let them be. Besides, he can start writing when she’s not whining.

“It’s so rare for you to bring her here.” His manager said. He immediately sighed as he took a seat next to his manager. His manager began laughing right away,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter