Thirty Two

Unprepared Dad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taeyeon’s POV

 

We all gathered at the kitchen, celebrating the glory of the cases that Jiyong filed against me. Actually, I knew I was losing the battle when Jiyong threw his evidences countering me. The bruises on Jiyo’s body, the trauma of the twins, and the picture of me with Baekhyun roaming around the city leaving the twins throwing their tantrums at the dorm. That was all I was afraid of, that’s why I befriended Jiyong even if it is against my will. Making a food for him, staying with his house, kicking away Kiko because she’s a big hindrance to my plan, celebrating the holidays and planning-out a picnic with him. And now, the bait that I threw at him were coming after me. I thought I could overcome him by being friends, but look, I was the one being pulled by him.

 

I don’t know what was I doing right now. I couldn’t just kick him off.

 

“Wow. This is so great, Noona! We should celebrate! Let’s go to Gangwondo, to my grandma’s rest house!” Baekhyun offered and the girls seemed excited too.

 

I want to talk to Jiyong personally if why was he doing this. Why did he turn down the cases, why is he doing this to me?

 

I was just looking at him while his eyes and lips were crookedly and meaningfully looking at me that it really creeps me out. I wanna erase the tension by slapping him and pushing him off the terrace. But no, I’m not a murderer. He is still the father of my children.

 

While the day continued, Baekhyun still never left the place and was discussing his idea about the trip that he offered.

 

“Hyung, why don’t you come with us? For the gratitude of pulling back the cases against Taeyeon-noona,” he offered him that made me really nervous. I looked at Jiyong and he glanced at me obliquely. I know what he was upto and that is not so good.

 

“Sure, why not. Can I bring the boys?” and that was the end of me.

 

~O~

 

“Yehey!” Hyoyeon squealed for excitement. “I’ll get first on the bus.” She said and then bounced towards the bus as if she never asked me to break up with this guy. Look who’s enjoying Baekhyun’s perks.

 

Baekhyun went to my side and cleared some strands of hair on my face.

 

“I can’t go this afternoon, Noona. I’ll just follow after.”

 

I held Baekhyun’s face between my hands and kissed his cheeks, forgetting the people around us. “Thank you,” I whispered.

 

“For what?”

 

I won’t get used to this man. He was just too damn perfect for me. He’s the sweetest and the nicest. He always find ways for me even if he’s busy. I liked him too damn much I was afraid of the things I could do just to keep him.

 

“For this, for everything…”

 

He smiled at me and leaned in. “You’re too dramatic, Taeks.”

 

I laughed. Yeah, I’m a bit dramatic. “But really, thank you. You have no idea how happy I am.”

 

And that was the truth. I was cruel because despite of everything I did behind his back, I was still happy. As long as he is here beside me, I’m happy.

 

That afternoon, we proceed to Gangwondo. Tiffany went with us even though it was a bit awkward for me. But she did as she told me, she wasn’t angry or mad which made me guiltier as ever. I would be at peace if she just shout or slap me. But this? It’s hard.

 

I looked at her and she smiled at me. See? Guiltier than ever.

 

“Ladies, why are you so silent?” Heechul-oppa asked and stood up, holding his hand to one of the poles. We actually rented a bus that could accommodate at least 15 people. Baekhyun also asked Heechul Oppa to come with us since we are all girls to travel with a bus. He was really sweet.

 

“Shut up, Oppa and get a rest!” Sunny said jokingly.

 

He shook his head. “Yah. Do you know how lucky you are to have me as your babysitter?”

 

Sooyoung threw him a pack of chips and he rapidly caught it before it lands on his face.

 

We just laughed together and went to rest.

 

I was praying solemnly that Jiyong can’t come to this trip. Ever since he went to our dorm and presented the envelope, I never had a chance to talk to him, and actually, I was avoiding him. Luckily, the twins never looked for his presence though they were asking if he will come to our place and it’s just an easy escape to reason out.

 

They never come when we were waiting for them at the meeting place. He didn’t even messaged me, instead, he informed Tiffany that they can’t come. And I was relieved. My prayer was granted.

 

The land trip has come to an end and we are now here at Baekhyun’s grandmother’s house. It was not that grand, and not that small also. It still can accommodate more than 15 people.

 

When I stepped out of the bus, aiding my son to get down, there’s a black van that was the same as the SNSD parked outside the house.

 

There was also people who were waiting for us at the door… and when I get closer, I suddenly cursed on my head.

 

S-hit.

 

Jiyong was there, waiting for us.

 

“What took you so long? We’ve been here for two hours already,” he said and Heechul-oppa went near him and fist bump to each of s.

 

“Jiyong, my man,” Heechul said.

 

Ugh!

 

“Daddy!” the twins ran on his direction and he welcomed them with kisses.

 

Jiyong nodded his head at my members and stopped his gaze at me. “Taeyeon,” he said, sending shivers through my body.

 

I have no choice but to be platonic and smiled back. I don’t want to let my members discover that there is a tension between Jiyong and I. No one should know about this. It shouldn’t. Not now when everything’s  finally working. Not now when Baekhyun’s finally giving me time and attention.

 

“What are you waiting for? Let’s go inside!” Seungri invited us as if he was the owner of the place, but still we followed him. The girls immediately followed tugging the twins and then Heechul Oppa being the whipped boy that he was, he followed in as well. Though I still feel guilty towards Tiffany. She said she’s not mad but of course, that was a lie.

 

I was about to follow them in but Jiyong pulled my arm.

 

I jerked at his touch. I have been avoiding him for a week and what now? He’s here to mess it up again.

 

“What?” I hissed.

 

He went closer to me while crookedly smiling. “I missed you,” he said. I don’t know if I should be mad or pissed. What does he even think? That this is just a game?

 

I pushed and slapped him. He immediately held his cheek that was touched.

 

“What now, Jiyong? Why are you doing this to me?!” he wasn’t answering instead, he was looking intently at my eye. He’s lost it. “That thing that happened, it was a mistake, alright? A drunken mistake, so please let it go!” I shouted at him and then walked pass him.

 

I was half running when he answered. I was frozen at my spot.

 

“Taeyeon, how many times I pushed you away? How many times did I tell you to get the hell away from me? I couldn’t count it anymore. But like a pest, you still continue coming back. Whatever I’m doing right now, you asked for this,” he said and then walked pass me, leaving me hanging at his words.

 

Was he right? I bestowed this upon myself? But that was never my intent… I just want to claim his trust to win the case… not like this. Not with all the lies and deceptions…

 

I don’t know if how long was I standing outside before I could find the courage to enter the house. When I went in, they were all plopped down at the sofa.

 

“Hey, Taeng! We’ll eat in a while,” Yuri chirped and I smiled as a response. “We’ll just go around.”

 

I just nodded and left with Jiyong and Heechul Oppa. I sat on the sofa nervously. It looks like in any time, Jiyong will just burst out and tell him what was really happening between us. Yeah, I know we did that thing but for heaven’s sake, it was Baekhyun who was at risk. I knew him so well… By the time that he will find out what happened, he will leave me. I just have to live with the loss.

 

The telephone rang and Jiyong who was near to its place answered it.

 

“Baekhyun,” he said.

 

My body went numb at the sound of his name. I felt so paranoid whenever Baekhyun and Jiyong were together. Maybe this is my punishment to all of the sins I have made on my entire life.

 

The whole time they were talking, Jiyong was looking at me. Those stares… those stares would be the death of me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter