Seventeen

Unprepared Dad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JESSICA QUITS SNSD!

Morning before flying to their next destination, Jessica was MIA in the group at the airport. She was caught crying whilst going out of the SME. And the statement came out from SM Staffs that she is no longer a member of the group. The promotion of the SNSD will continue without her presence.

 

--

 

“I trusted you, Jess! I trusted you! So don’t be shocked if I can’t defend at your side. You’re a traitor. You betrayed me,” Taeyeon seethed to Jessica after breaking to everyone the information that Jessica needs to quit SNSD for her business. Who would want her out of the group? No one right? So everyone was trying to question why did the company decided to kick her out. The members were waiting for Taeyeon’s reaction but she never spoke, or objected or protected her member. She was just there, listening, looking cold as she was.

 

“I was just trying to help, Tae!” Jessica exclaimed. She was also expecting to have a support from their leader but she just let this thing to happen.

 

“Well, sorry to break this but you’re not helping me. You’re ruining the thing that I have kept for many years. Why did you do this, Jess? Are you in love with that jerk?! Did he pay you? Or you brought the twins to have an excuse to meet with him? You douche!” the members were in wide shock when they heard Taeyeon’s swearing towards Jessica. Tiffany, just opted to be quiet even if she knew the truth about everything. She’s afraid that Taeyeon might hate her if she opened up. She chose to be selfish, and she wished Jessica would understand her.

 

They never thought Taeyeon could say such things to one of the person she spent have of her life with. She was one of the closest person in Jessica’s life and she, also can’t believe that their leader would look at her like that.

 

Jessica continued crying but Taeyeon just looked at her, anger evident on her face. She was fuming to the fact that Jessica betrayed her. When Taeyeon went back to their home after sending Baekhyun to the airport, her kids were missing. Only Hyoyeon was left inside their dorm saying that the twins and the rest of them went out. But then, earlier today, she read from the news that an identified woman was spotted with the twins, en route to Jiyong’s place. They also said that the car is Jessica’s property since the fans of them insisted that it was seen at the basement parking lot. And Taeyeon knew that it was.

 

Jessica didn’t confirm it, nor declined it. She just accepted all the accusations since she knew better. She’s just hoping that their leader would hear her out instead of talking her like that.

 

Jessica looked one by one at the girls as they shook their head, indicating that they can’t do anything for her. It breaks her heart because after all the bonds, hardships and memories they had, they would  left her hanging, defenseless.

 

“I’m so sorry,” said Sooyoung.

 

“Of course, who am I compared to your great leader, right?” she said, as she stood up, tearing. “I’m just Jessica. But I want you to know that everything we had for me was the greatest thing that happened in my life, except for this moment, I realized that I was alone since the very beginning. Thank you. And Taeyeon, you’re so selfish. Everything was after you, protecting you but, do you know how they feels? You changed. You only think about yourself, what’s only good for yourself. You said you’re doing everything for the twins, but no. You were doing this all for yourself, to protect yourself. Why don’t you loosen up some grip? You’re too scared,” she wiped her tears that was falling down on her cheeks and looked at the members. “I’m crying not because I left SNSD. I’m crying because of happiness, because at last, I already have something to do for myself now,” she said and left the room, alone.

 

--

 

They were just simple teenagers who dreams when they decided to enter the cruel yet elegance life of being a musician back then. They found each other’s shelters as they shed their sweat and tears before they could achieve their aspirations in life. All the bonds and memories to Jiyong were to be kept and cherished. Here, Jiyong has it all, the fame, money and name. All he needed is his family, his kids to be with him.

 

“I didn’t brought the kids because I want you again on Taeyeon’s life. I brought the kids because I feel the need to do so. I didn’t do this for your extent. This is for the kids benefit since Taeyeon hate you and I don’t like you. She doesn’t want you around her life but, can she avoid that? You were part of it since the very start,” she said as she took the beanbag comfortably and drank her can of beer that she got from the refrigerator.

 

“Defensive,” Jiyong mocked her but she only rolled her eyes.

 

She looked around, studying the whole place. “Very, Jiyong-style,” she commented, not a praise neither an insult. “Oh, you’re still alive!” she said and bent down as she patted the dog as he wiggled his tail. Of course, he would. He was only the one who stayed and never left his side. “You were just a baby when I last saw you.”

 

“Dad, why is Mom always with Baekhyun-hyung?”

 

Jiyong laughed upon hearing Jiyo called their mother’s boyfriend as hyung. But he stopped the moment he realized he doesn’t know how to answer it.

 

“A-ah, b-because hyung is a fan of your Mom,” that was a nice try but he knows he have a follow-up question.

 

“Is that okay to you?” he asked again and the man was hesitant to nod or not. So he just shrug to be safe since he has a visitor watching him like a hawk.

 

The boy continued playing as they ran to their new bedroom and played with the bunch of toys that their Dad gave to them. He wanted to spoil the kids with everything that they wanted but that’s not good, especially if they could just use it sometimes since they were not living there permanently.

 

“What would you like to have?” Jiyong asked his guest who was wandering around his unit. Watching everything that he have—from the trophies that he got after his winnings that was now redesigned by his daughter’s work of art, to the bathroom, studio, bedroom.

 

“Chips if you may,” she said.

 

“No chips allowed here since Jiya doesn’t like it because it’s not healthy.”

 

“You were really taking care of them, don’t you?” she said and entered the closet room. She tried some of his hats and sunglasses.

 

“They’re the only thing that I have. I have to take care of them. I had enough for Taeyeon’s insults. Just want to prove to her that everything she said was all wrong. I could take care of them without anyone commanding me.”

 

--

 

“I’ll leave you to Baekhyun, please behave while I’m away, okay?” Taeyeon said as she was packing some of the twins clothes. SNSD will be one China for a day and so she needs someone to take care of the twins since it’s too risky to look for a nanny here in Korea. Jiyong gave publicity to the twins, and she shouldn’t let other people see that she was the mother of them.

 

“Why won’t you just send us to Daddy? He doesn’t have work anyways. He’s alone at the house and he always wanted to see us,” Jiya said to her Mom.

 

“No,” not to Jiyong. She’d rather leave the child to the person he trusted than to leave him to a selfish jerk.

 

“Why do you always say no when it comes to Daddy? Did you see him hurting us, Mom? No, right? Why would you leave us to someone that I don’t even know better?”

 

Taeyeon sighed. She’s starting to be pissed by Jiya’s asking questions. “You’ll know him better if you two will stay with him. Other Oppa’s were there, wouldn’t you like to see Sehun-oppa?”

 

“No, I’d rather see Daddy and Jiyo than with them. Why can you trust them easily and don’t trust Dad? I want to stay with Daddy! We won’t go anywhere and he has lots of foods on his ref,” she defended her Dad since Jiyo and her wanted to be with him. They were away and so they want to get the chance to be with each other as longer as they can.

 

“What’s the use of the foods if you don’t know how to cook, baby?” she said, remembering that Jiyong was once an awful cook. Jiyong and kitchen’s compatibility is syntax error.

 

“No, Dad attended a cooking class when we stayed there. He wanted to cook for us and so he studied it,” she giggled. “At first, he doesn’t even know how to cook fried eggs,” remembering how they had his first trial of cooking the morning after they came.

 

Taeyeon was in awe for a millisecond but shrugged it off. She thought Jiyong was just showing off for him to look like a good father. He can never achieve that, she knows it well. He’s just good to be alone and selfish.

 

“Baekhyun will get you here,” she said with finality, forgetting everything what was her daughter talking about. Once she made a decision, no one could retract it.

 

“I wanna go to Daddy! I wanna go to Daddy! I wanna go to Daddy!” Jiyo kept on chanting as he continued on jumping on their bed. He is trying to throw tantrums in case his Mom couldn’t take it and just let them go to their Dad since he only throw tantrums once in a millennium. He’s just too good to do that on their Mom.

 

“No, and that’s final. Stop doing that, or else…” she warned, but Jiyo didn’t budged and continued what he was doing. He already started whimpering as their Mom dragged them towards the living room with their bags on her hands. “If you won’t stop doing that I’ll leave you here, alone!”

 

“Better leave here than to be with the person I don’t know!”

 

Taeyeon threw their knapsacks on the sofa and held both of Jiyo’s shoulder, tightly. The little boy was hurting already but Taeyeon didn’t mind it since she thought Jiyo was just acting so he wouldn’t get scolded by his actions.

 

“Why are you like that, huh? You were never like that before! What happened to you? Did he thought you how to be a perfect jerk like him?! If I say no, NO! Can’t you understand it, huh? Jiyo?!” she said as her hands were shaking as she grip on his shoulders. The boy’s cry turned louder when he felt Taeyeon’s hand was bruising his arm. Jiya was unable to move on her place as she just witnessed how her Mom looks like when she’s really mad.

 

“Taeyeon! What are you doing?!” Tiffany ran to Jiyo and pulled him out on her grip. Taeyeon on the other hand was also shocked of what she just did to her son. Tiffany checked the boy’s freshly bruised arm and threw Taeyeon a dagger look. “Haeba! You just hurt him! What is happening to you? They just wanted to be on his father, what’s the matter to that, Taeng? You don’t have to hurt him!”

 

--

 

“I know Tif, it’s my fault if why’s Taeyeon treating me like this. But I never thought that I’ll get her pregnant. If I only knew that she was carrying the twins, for sure, I’ll marry her right away. But she just asked me to marry her. It’s not my thing to be a romantic boyfriend but, what the hell, I must be the one asking her for a marriage. I was discouraged that time since I fe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter