Eight

Unprepared Dad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Yes, Miss?” one of the staff came to me after I asked my assistant to call one of the employees that went with us. I was at the resto near the hotel suite since I just sneaked in from the girls just to talk to one of the people inside the company. I was wearing my PJs and hoodie jacket to cover my identity to public. I don’t want my face plastered in any tabloids or SNS. I know you can’t avoid that kind of thing but I just want to lessen it.

 

“Can you please don’t let the members handle their phones, tablet or watch the TV? Even let them go out. Please don’t permit us to browse the net, to read newspapers or whatever that includes us to media information and issues.” I said to her. “I already asked the whole management but you’re the one who were taking care of it. Please?”

 

“But Miss ~”

 

“Everybody knows this already and I am just informing you to shut up and follow whatever I am saying unless you want to be fired in just a click,” I cut her off.

 

This is for the members safety. My informer told me that they’ll gonna come up for a press con about the kids and I don’t wanna spoil the moment. I just want everyone to be shocked once we stepped back in Korea. I want everyone to be clueless, unaware and surprise. I want this thing to hurry because I don’t want the twins to live with doubts, illegitimate and full of hatred. Their mom loathes Jiyong for choosing carrier over her and I don’t want the twins to live like that. I want them to be recognized and happy. I don’t know if their Mom still loves Jiyong but for me, you can’t hate someone if you doesn’t love them. Hate comes after love. I’m doing these for the twins. I love them both and I don’t want them to be stuck in hatred.

 

I know, Jiyong is such a jerk but he has the rights to meet the two, right? And the two wants to meet him, especially Jiyo. That boy got his features from their dad, that’s why before, their mom cries just staring at the little boy. But now, maybe she moved on that’s why she had herself a boyfriend.

 

I was the one who’s responsible for all of these. I was the one who suggested in sending the twins to Korea and I thanked the other members for persuading her. I was the one who looked for nannies, who transferred their flight to Incheon, I asked her parents to not contact her and I am also glad that they also wants their daughter to let go the hatred and let the twins meet their father.

 

I have my eyes left in Korea, my ears in every corner of it. I have my guards everywhere just to not let the issues come inside the circle and ruin everything that I have planned. I want everyone to be happy and free because I love SNSD. I love them and I don’t want them to feel hate at anything. We are growing old and we should think about peace and happiness.

 

I instructed the twins to go to their father since they badly wants to meet him.

 

“Auntie-Mama, do I have a Daddy?” one day Jiyo jumped on my bed and asked me that. I was startled for seconds and smiled at him.

“Ofcourse you have,” I patted his head and pinched his cheeks.

The door squeaked and Jiya followed her twin, listening to whatever I was saying.

 

And that was the day I started thinking about the twins. I observed their Mom, on how she reacts at the Big Bang guys everytime it plays on TV or when the Kakaotalk commercials will pop out. I know, I don’t have the rights to interfere with their lives but still, I love them. Can you blame me?

 

I feel pity everytime their Mom will shut off their idea about their father. I asked the kids to cover the whole thing and made excuses about their Mom. It was the perfect timing because we will be gone for quite a long time to promote and attend the SM Town concert.

 

“We will go to Korea,” I said to the twins once I pulled them to one of the candy shop near our house. Their eyes said all the delightfulness they are feeling. They hugged me and bid their thanks.

 

At the young age, the twins are too smart to act and think. Their age was the starting of all their curiosities in the world and one of them was their question mark father. I was once showed them the face of Jiyong and that they said that they saw him on music channels, they said the one with a longer hair on the right part of his head.

 

“But don’t tell Mommy about this, please?” I asked and they both nodded. “I will let you see Daddy but you have to tell him that Mommy sends you there because no one will take care of you and Mommy wants Daddy to see the twins,” I explained and they nodded again. They were both excited and can’t wait to step in Korea.

 

I know, Jiya will do the talking to Jiyong because the little boy may seems so excited to meet their father, you can’t still erase the fact that he’s a shy boy.

 

 

The staff agreed, afraid to lose her job. Ofcourse, I have the power in SM. I could do anything I wanted just to protect SNSD.

 

 

---

 

 

“Two weeks baby,” I muttered to myself before I passed my iPad to one of the staff here. I don’t know why they suddenly restricted us from gadgets, tv, newspapers and all. I felt something not right but I just shrugged it off. Before, they were just strict but now very strict.

 

Maybe they just don’t want us to be affected to the discriminations and bashes of fans because of the confirmation of the company regarding their artists in a relationship status.

 

I hope the kids are safe and happy. I knew my family would take care of them because they behave well and obey rules. I want them to be responsible when they grow old. I miss playing with them, eating with them and most especially I want to see their faces and kiss them and hug them.

 

“Did the twins send photos or messaged me?” I asked.

 

“No, eonnie,” she answered and faced herself at the wide mirror.

 

I was done removing my makeup and we are about to sleep already when the staff came and confiscated our gadgets.

 

“No gadgets, no tv, no media for a while, please? I want you to relax and focus yourself in resting. In few weeks we will be back to Korea then you could go home, maybe? It depends,” then she went out and left us murmuring and taking guesses of why do they want us to be away for sns.

 

 

---

 

 

 

 “Do you want ice cream?” I asked after fetching them up on the right time at their classes. Jiya’s teacher looked please by my on time arrival.

 

No one answered and so I looked at them by the mirror.

 

“Come on guys, talk to me. I don’t wanna starve you after your long class,” I said then waited for them to utter any word.

 

They looked at each other and hesitantly she said, “We wanna go home.”

 

“I’m sorry but I still can’t send you home. I still have works to be done. Don’t you want to go to my workplace? Everyone wants to meet you. Uncle Big Bangs are there also,” I said and turned my way to the ice cream parlor.

 

“But Jiyong I’m tired,” she reasoned out.

 

“There’s lot of sofa there, you can rest and do whatever you want,” I know. There are still mad at me but you can’t blame me. I still have to do my duties as a father and as an artist. I told you, I can’t serve two masters at the same time. One stack of work is enough, another could be my ‘cause of death.

 

“It’s okay,” I heard Jiyo whispered to her. Jiyo was back to his old self who kept on sighing and playing with his fingers. He was back at being scared at me. He may think again that I am some kind of jerk of what their mother said to them.

 

“Okay,” she permitted and I parked myself at the space façade of the ice cream parlor. I left them for a while to buy them ice cream and they just nodded.

 

How could I survive a day without Jiya glaring and bickering with me? Without Jiyo directly looking at me in the eyes? Without hearing their laughters and giggles? How could I complete my day without seeing them smiling at me?

 

Maybe ice cream could make them feel lighter. Maybe they’ll forgive me.

 

“Here,” I said and gave each one of them a cup of ice cream.

 

Jiyo opened and examined the cup before turning to Jiya and exchanged their ice creams.

 

Why did he swap ice creams with Jiya? Doesn’t he like Rocky Road? Or Jiya loves Rocky Road? Anyway, I shrugged it off, atleast they accepted and ate it.

 

I tossed the keys to the valet and let the twins went out to the car. Their other hand was holding their ice cream and the other was the one I was holding. They scanned the hallway as we entered the door and they seemed looked so amuse. Jiyo roamed his eyes that it made his mouth hanged opened.

 

“Oh! Oppa! Oh! Annyeong!” Lee Hi saw us and greeted me. She went to the twins and smiled at them. “Annyeong! What is your name?” she asked Jiyo and the boy took a step back and hide at my back. “Aigoo aigoo! Oppa! You really look like him!” she said with an amuse tone. Everyone in the YG Family already knew that there are twins in my life but not all knows who their mother is. Only the one who were with us from the start.

 

“You mean he looks like me,” I chuckled.

 

“Yeah- yeah. That’s what I mean,” she laughed at her silliness. “Anyway, I’ll go Oppa! Annyeong Little Boy, Annyeong Little girl! Neumo Yippeo,” she added and slightly pinched Jiya’s cheek, I also saw her rolled her eyes after Lee Hi turned her back.

 

We passed at the hallway where YG Artist posters hanged on the wall. Jiyo went near the frames and touched the pictures. Jiya was just walking after him. I just let them wonder to the place because maybe someday, they’ll work in here.

 

I knocked at the door in the practice room before opening it. I sprung it wide and let the kids enter the wide mirrored room. They roamed their around and the eyes of hyenas were glued to them. The dancers and staffs were just silently observing the kids.

 

“Jiya! Jiyo!” Youngbae entered the room with a box of donuts in his hand. The twins turned their heads and sprinted towards him.

 

“Uncle Bae,” Jiya called and hugged his leg while Jiyo fistbump him.

 

They all sat at the floor and surrounded the twins who were eating of what Youngbae brought. The dancers were talking to them and I was just standing at the corner watching them.

 

“It’s a surprise you brought them here,” TOP said and s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter