Ten

Unprepared Dad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*NO Proof Reading

 

 

 

“Please read us a bedtime story, Ji,” Jiyo asked him after making them changed into their pajamas.

 

Jiyong looked at the twins horror for he doesn’t know anything about bedtime stories. He hasn’t done any. He barely knows what stories have he read before. It was a very long time ago when he read stories but the stories he was reading was about mystery and . How could he tell the kids by those stories?

 

“I’m afraid I can’t do that,” he replied to the boy who was ready to lay down at the king size bed of Jiyong.

 

“Why would you be afraid? Don’t you know how to read like us?” he nonchalantly asked his father. The man smiled by his innocence and patted his head. “After the summer class, Mommy told us that we will already go to pre-school. Isn’t it amazing, Ji? I will learn how to read then I won’t bother to ask anyone to read for me.”

 

“School is cool, Ji. You will learn almost everything from school if you will study hard,” he said awkwardly. He was like calling to himself, addressing that his children was also called ‘Ji’ just like him.

 

“Then why don’t you read us bedtime stories, Ji? Here. Please read us that,” Jiya jumped on the bed and covered herself by the comforter.

 

Cinderella. This is so cheesy. Jiyong thought after reading the title of the book Jiya handed to him.

 

“Please, Ji?” the little girl pleaded and all that Jiyong could do is sigh and nod to her. He doesn’t want to see Jiya freaking out saying ‘RRREEEEEAAAADDDD’ at bedtime. He might can’t go to his wished slumber seeing his daughter turning into monster because he didn’t comply with what she wants.

 

“Once upon a time,” as always a fairytale always started by these lines. Although this story was already read a hundred times by their mother, they still feel fascinated not because of the story that they memorized but because their wish that if ever they meet their Dad, they will make him read them a bedtime stories until they fall asleep together.

 

It was Jiyong’s first time again. He already have done many first times eversince Jiya and Jiyo came to his life. First time letting kids stay with him in his house. First time taking kids into classes. First time eating on fast foods eversince his name boomed on television. First time crying because of a child and etsetera first times including reading bedtime stories now.

 

He now felt sleepy because of the silence seeing his kids were now fast asleep. He kissed the twins forehead and still continued reading.

 

Jiya rose from bed to pee when she noticed that something’s heavy was laid into the side of her tummy.

 

She rolled her eyes but then smiled seeing Jiyong was asleep beside her. After going to the bathroom, she reached for  her phone and took a picture of the father and son then send it to her Aunt. She smiled and took a selfie with the sleepy heads then hid her phone again at her.

 

Jiyong was looking for her phone before because he was so hopeless and he really wanted to give the kids to their Mom because he thought that the kids are really a burden to him. He was busy also and raising up the twins gave him more responsibility. He can’t even take care of himself, how is he supposed to take care of the two 5 years old kids? But Jiya said to him that she lost her phone so Jiyong will not contact her Mom and take them away, unknowing that their Mom didn’t know anything about what is happening to the two of them. She will surely get angry at them if she’ll found out that they were on Jiyong’s custody.

 

She laid back between the two boys and closed her eyes happily because the two boys whom she loved was sleeping beside her.

 

The sun was rising as Jiyong did. He found himself hugged by Jiya while sleeping. He smiled and gave his children a morning kiss then went out of the bedroom and washed his face.

 

He looked his self at his reflection on the mirror.

 

“Am I really a father now?” he asked and then splashed a water on his face. “What if they aren’t mine? What am I supposed to do?” he thought. He will be very sad if it isn’t. He was very fond of the twins presence now in his home. He thought that his house would be back to emptiness if they weren’t here.

 

He went to the kitchen after the realization that he is now a father that is have to take care two children. He prepared his ingredients for pancake while he steamed for hotdogs.

 

His phone rang and he immediately answered it. “Ne? Good morning,” he greeted to the manager.

 

(“Ji, rehearsals at the stadium. Please don’t forget.”) She reminded me to our concert later.

 

“But… What about the  twins?” he asked, thinking about who will gonna stay with them if he’ll not gonna go home tonight.

 

(“Nanny?”)

 

“We don’t have a nanny.”

 

(“Then you should have so your schedules would not be behind just because no one will babysit them. I’ll look for someone today so someone will be there.”) Then the line went off and he just continued cooking.

 

Nanny? It’s not a bad idea. Atleast there would be someone who could help him with the twins especially if he’s tired because of his schedules.

 

“Jiyong?” a boy came down while rubbing his eyes while holding Optimus Prime on his other hand.

 

“You hungry?” Jiyong asked and lifted the boy to sit then offered him his milk.

 

“No. What are you cooking?” he asked then gulped down his milk.

 

“Waffles, you like that?” he took a glimpse at his boy while putting the pancake mix at his waffle maker that he ordered online.

 

“Of course, I love that. Auntie Sooyoung used to cook that for us,” he smiled to his father. “Ji, if Mom will be back, would you gave Jiya and me back to her?”

 

Jiyong was taken aback a little. That idea still didn’t entered his mind. Is he gonna give them back to their mom? Ofcourse their Mom will take them but what about him? He will be left with nothing and he wouldn’t like that. Why didn’t that question struck his mind? Because he was thinking that if ever she will come back from overseas, she will come home to him and complete their family.

 

“I don’t know. We still have to talk when she gets back, okay?” he answered his son. “Why did you asked that?”

 

“Because I want Mom but I also wants to stay with you. Why aren’t you together on the same house, Ji? They say that family stays in one house but why are we away?” the child let out the questions that was confusing him since he started looking for a father.

 

Jiyong sat beside him. “Because your Mom and I had a fight before,” he explained.

 

“Then when will you be okay?”

 

“You want that to happen?” he asked him.

 

“Of course, who wouldn’t? Like duh? Even you wanted it, Ji!” she on in the conversation as she rolled her eyes and crossed her small arms. “Even though you’re ugly, you’re still our father, right?”

 

Jiyong nodded. How can she speak and act like that? She’s really an ahjumma, like her mom. She released her hands and comb Luna’s hair.

 

“You know what, Jiya? You’re just like her,” Jiyong said, looking at the small figure standing 3 feet away from them.

 

She crossed her arms. Jiyo turned towards her direction and looked at his sister.

 

“When you stand up, cross your tiny arms. You are just like her,” she again released her hands and put it behind. She glared at me. “That! That! When you do that you are just like her!” Jiyong was amazed by his discoveries as he made fun of her daughter who just woke up.

 

“Then? Keep it coming!” she father and Jiyo just chuckled at his Dad and Jiya. He just also noticed that things about her sister having resemblance at their Mom.

 

“Your mouth! When you speak, you speak with your mind! You don’t care what you will say just as long as you can say what’s on your mind. You don’t care what other people will say! You speak like an ahjumma, just like her!” Jiyo was in awe when his father said that but then laughed.

 

“HaHa! Is that all?” she mocked but deep inside she wanted to run and punch Jiyong in the face so he’ll look uglier!

 

“When you laugh, you laugh like a madman, just like her!” he was having fun teasing his child that Jiya was obviously pissed but then again she went near to them as Jiyong lifted her up to take a seat. “You’re heavy, just like her,” he whispered to her ear but Jiyo still managed to hear it. She rolled her eyes to them.

 

Jiyong gave them there plate with pancakes and handed a glass of milk to her. He sat across them and comfort himself also with a plate of pancakes and his almost finished and cold chocolate.

 

Jiya took her first bite while staring at Jiyong who was waiting her to give a statement but she was just silent and finished her food.

 

“It’s delicious, Ji. Can you please cook this again, tomorrow? With chocolate inside?” the little boy requested and Jiyong smiled at him, ruffling his hair.

 

“You like it huh?” he said feeling proud of himself that his child praised him.

 

The girl was just silent, helping herself at her third piece of pancake.

 

“You know whe~” Jiyong was about to say something when she cut him off.

 

“When what? When I eat I look like Mom? When I swallow my food, I look like her? I know it! Because apparently, I am her child! I sleep with her, eat with her, laugh with her and Mom is always the one I talk with. She taught me things that all I knew, she taught me to honest, to say what’s going inside my head even though I could hurt someone atleast, I am not hurting. I grew up with her side so everything that you could see to me was everything Mom made me since 5 years ago. Can you see something about you on me? Nothing, right? Because you were never there!”

 

Jiyong was dumbfounded. He couldn’t even stop his child from jumping off her seat as she walked out and went inside their room. Jiyong was out of words. Jiya just splashed a pale of cold water into his soul. He can’t find the right words to retort Jiya back because apparently, what the girl said was like a knife, stab directly on his heart. A five years old kid just stab him and he can’t fight back because he got nothing on his hand.

 

Jiyo just continued eating. He heard it everything but he can’t understand what Jiya really meant. He just noticed that the atmosphere becomes gloomy after Jiya made her way out of the kitchen. Jiyo is far way more innocent than Jiya. He was baby cared than her by their Mom and other aunties

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter