Fifteen

Unprepared Dad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minutes after GD left the hospital room to unwind. He was about to go back when the doctor who check on Jiyo called him.

 

“Everything is okay now, Mr. Kwon. Everything is fine now, you will be discharge today,” she said. She was smiling to him. He looked at the doctor and think that she’s just on her thirties. She looked younger compared to the other doctors he met.

 

“No further examinations?” he inquired. He just wanted to be sure that his son is okay and safe now. He doesn’t want to be back here with his son not feeling okay. And also, he doesn’t want to fight with Taeyeon again, blaming him for being an irresponsible guardian of the child.

 

She doesn’t know anything but why does she kept on blaming him. That’s what always GD thought to himself. He knew this is not just about that he was the one who took care of the kids while she’s away. He knows she has reason with her that’s why she hated him.

 

The doctor smiled to him. “No, sir. Everything’s fine,” she assured him and left him with another smile. It’s natural for him to see everyone smiling to him. He wasn’t covering his face. He was walking confidently at the hospital’s hallway enroute to his son’s room. Everyone knows that he’s here because his son was rushed here, so why hide? The more he hide the more everyone will suspect him. While the other visitors, except the Big Bang members, they were taking the fire exit place to hide their faces, plus that they were all covered with dark sunglasses, hoodie jackets and mouth mask just to hide their identities.

 

He went to the cashier to get their bill and pay. He got the number 285 and noticed that they were still serving number 254. He sighed. It’s better for him to keep his self away for a while to the room. A lady approached him and smiled.

 

“Oppa, you want to trade number with me?” she showed him her number, and that was 259—five numbers away—he looked at his number then looked at the lady. “It’s just five numbers apart but you could still wait, right?”

 

He smiled to the woman and thought for a while looking at his number again. If she didn’t approached him, he will wait for thirty more numbers to pass before him and he realized that maybe the girl were also waiting for almost thirty minutes or an hour just to get her number be called.

 

“No, it’s fine. I can wait. Just keep it. You were waiting for a long time just to be called, so no. it would be unfair to everyone who was sitting there for a long time.”

 

“But, Oppa~”

 

“No, it’s fine really. Just keep it. I’m not on a hurry anyway,” he said. Yes, he’s not on a hurry. In fact he’s wishing that the time will extend so when he get back to the room, maybe everyone there already went away and the only left is his family.

 

“Okay, but can I take a picture with you?” GD smiled at her attempt but gave in anyway. He’s not that kind of a dude who’ll ignore their fans to take a picture. Actually, he likes people or fans who approach him nicely. He wished that all of the fans were like them, just a fan-fan, not a sasaeng fan.

 

He checked on the time and he’s just ten numbers away. Taeyang informed him that the girls already packed up and left and said that they were sorry for not sparing time to say goodbye to him. well, GD thought that’s nothing change anyway. He somehow imagined that they did not exist inside the room like how they imagined that he is not present inside.

 

To: YB Bro

How about the kid?

 

Yeah, talking about the kid. GD also wished that he went together with those girls. GD’s not mad to him. He can’t just explain the irritation he felt towards him. That feeling that, even if that kid was just sitting, his blood stream is heating and make his blood boil. That feeling that he just wanted to punch him without any reasonable reason to say. GD just doesn’t want him around but, he can’t do nothing about it. The kid was from the other group and GD has nothing to hold on to that group.

 

From: YB Bro

He passed away. As you wish.

 

He laughed at his phone nonchalantly, ignoring the eyes that crowded him after hearing his laugh. His dude is making him feel good. That laugh was the first time of the day. He didn’t thought he could laugh today since today seems so gloomy, lonely and desolation. Imagining that he might not see the twins again was the first one that really breaks his heart.

 

To: YB Bro

I didn’t say anything. 

 

After paying the bill, he immediately went up to Jiyo’s room feeling better than earlier. He can’t feel the heaviness on his body anymore. He just want to be back inside the room now and send them home and make them see their new room! As he was walking at the hallway, he doesn’t feel that dragging feeling he sense earlier in the morning when he came. He knew that his morning will not be good enough compared to the morning he had on his house.

 

From: YB Bro

But if looks could kill. He’s already in ashes. Lol.

 

He was smiling from ear to ear imagining what would be the twins reaction if they got home. GD was about to push the door when it immediately open and Jiya went jumping on him.

 

“We will go out now, Daddy,” she informed and that smile on his kid made him flutter more. He went inside to see that Taeyeon was packing up their stuff like snacks, a minion pillow and some clothes.

 

He went at the table, beside the bed to help her somehow on the trashes and leftovers. He doesn’t want to look like a useless, insensitive man who will just let a woman clean the mess their friends left.

 

“I can manage. You can go,” she said and grab the plastic bags on GD’s grip.

 

“No, it’s fine,” he replied and took the plastic bag back on his hand.

 

“No, I can clean this mess up. After this, we’ll go home. So you better take your leave first now,” picking up the tissue papers on the table and grab the plastic bag again on GD’s hand and put the trash inside.

 

Certainly, GD doesn’t want that to happen—to leave alone first—is not on his vocabulary because he know he might not see the twins again. Who knows? That’s why the SNSD girls went first ‘cause they will get their things and went to the airport to wait for Taeyeon and the twins? Everytime is always a possibility for the people who wanted to escape. So, GD won’t let that to happen.

 

“No, I’ll send you home, safely and I will collect their things on our house if the kids will stay with you,” GD retorted and snatch the plastic bag away from her hand and put everything whatever his hand could grab inside the plastic bag. He was staring at her fiery eyes who were directly darted on him.

 

He could feel the strength on her hands after she snatched the plastic bag again on his hand. Taeyeon doesn’t want to be with Jiyong anymore and she was expecting him to go away after this meeting of them. She wishes that this would be the last time they see each other. Just by feeling his presence her system is fuming and backing out. She back out since she doesn’t want to feel any kind of feeling if she knows GD is just around the perimeter.

 

She remembered last December at the SBS Gayo Daejun—the yearly awarding to all of the artists—she saw him, walking sophisticatedly, confidently with those glittery coats and bright yellow hair at the red carpet on the live stream from the dressing room. Just by the looks of him makes her apoplectic that she wanted to scrape that smirk out on his face. She kept on glaring when GD performed his single on stage while she was sitting at the designated places for the artists. After the performance she went back to their dressing room because she know that the man will be back on his seat alongside with 2ne1 and Big Bang members. What made her more angry when GD got the artist of the year—Damn that man!—she thought.

 

“Of course! The kids will stay with me! There’s no other places that they belong but with me!” now, she’s starting to shout at him that made the twins flinched on their places. Taeyeon was now crumpling the plastic bag that she again snatched to his hand. The twins looked up to them, Jiyo was playing the toys that their Uncles brought and Jiya was playing volleyball with those balloons. It’s a real mess inside—thinking that this is a hospital room and plus the messy, heating situation inside.

 

GD exhaled and looked down, thinking that this is leading to be another argument with her. He’s not backing down, he won’t, for if he might, he will lose the opportunity with the twins, the twins and Taeyeon. He will not let Taeyeon shut him off because he has his reasons with him if why does he have to be with the twins also. And that reason is valid enough to fight for it.

 

“Are we gonna have this conversation again, Taeyeon?” frustratingly he asked. He’s tired of this problem that just going in circles because no one wants to back down and to lose. Each of them wanted a goal for this arguments and reasoning. GD was up to his rights of being a father and Taeyeon was about staying away to Jiyong sight. He walked to the side cabinet to get the left paper cups and box of takeout food.

 

Taeyeon stopped on her tracks and put his hands on her waist, while the other was holding the plastic bag. “No, we are not having a conversation ‘cause I am not conversating with you. I just want to clear things out that you should leave us alone. FOREVER!”

 

Forever—such a big word. Before, forever means they will stay together everlastingly—for an endless time. That was the promise they made, on their training era. They will love forever no matter how hard the circumstances they will face and run into. Forever they will stay with each other side and support each other. Forever will only be me and you. But now, hearing the forever word from is like a curse to Jiyong. An anathema that no one could break even a kiss from a princess or from a frog, only except if she’ll the one to take it back.

 

“Is this what you call ‘clearing things out’? Because for me, it is not. You’re just making it more complicated and hard and tiring. This argument is getting senseless, Taeyeon. Why don’t we just put up an agreement or just settle this in just a simple, very simple sentence. Don’t keep the children away from me,” after saying it, he sighed, feeling the relief after  letting out the burden that he was lifting since he realized that everything is not siding on him. That everything is so unfair.

 

Taeyeon’s brows creased, a sign that she doesn’t like the very simple sentence that GD said. She doesn’t like the idea of having a connection towards him. She doesn’t like the idea that she would always see his unsightly, menacing face. That she could feel his egotistical presence that irritates her. She doesn’t like the idea that perchance they could talk to each other, exchange conversation. Maybe reminisce their past like nothing happened and especially she hated the idea that the feelings that she shared to him ages ago might comeback like a bubble gum and burst then stick into her life like she’d never been hurt, like she didn’t suffer, hide and shed an ocean of tears. Agreeing to that idea is like putting herself again in that situation. And it brings more complication because if ever that happened, she’s not just hurting herself, she’s also hurting the person who stood up with her, made another colors of her rainbow, and the one who also gave her a reason to rise every morning. This is the only thing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter