Twelve

Unprepared Dad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

They said, that 'It's hard to let go of someone who are not bound to be yours' but then I say, 'It's hard to let go of someone you know that it's yours but you chose to let them go and prepare for something bigger.'

 

It's only for three days, Jiyong. Don't overreact. - said my subconscious.

 

Yeah, right. Three days. I just let them stay for three days at my Mom because I will prepare for the biggest party of the year. Isn't it too much introduction?

 

I am now on my house after leaving the twins immediately at Noona because I can't help but to laugh at the weeping faces of the twins asking me not to leave them and they will be good now. Well, they're already good and what I am doing is for their own good too.

 

"Okay, Jiyong. So what's with the drama earlier?" TOP hyung asked. I invited them here since I want to have a pre-celebration of me, being a 'DADDY' and ofcourse to say farewell to my old self.

 

"I'm a great actor, isn't it? I was just too excited that I can't find any proper words to express my feelings and so I just left you there dumbfounded," I explained what happened earlier. I threw the results because that's the only way on how my body could react with my feelings. I can't jump or shout. I'm out of words... I'm... I don't know. I'm just so extremely happy.

 

"Yeah, right. You looked dehydrated while walking out of the room," Seungri commented while having a bite of apple that he got from my refrigerator.

 

"I can't imagine you now, Ji. At first, when you met the twins, you were like a beast wanted to kick the kids out of your house and then you even had a fight with Youngbae since you wanted to get rid of them," hyung said to me. The others nodded at agreement. Oh well, people change too.

 

"Yes, hyung. You were like that. You almost used an over-all jumpsuit just to cover yourself so no one could recognize you tugging kids around," Seungri added while pointing a fork to me.

 

"He also called his girlfriend his personal assistant... but what's worst was when the twins called Kiko their babysitter," Taeyang mashed up with their 'talking-about-me' scene as they all laughed at myself. Is that how weird I am while I was with the twins?

 

"Before, Jiyong was all too glamorous. His lambo was already overused in every appointments he have here in Korea. His fashion was trendsetter. His persona who needs to be always on private was far from the G-Dragon that we used to live. He was... 'I don't care what happened to the world now'," Daesung described me as if I am not sitting right in front of him.

 

I am too, I can't recognize myself anymore. I don't go clubbing now, even smoking. I don't talk to girls anymore since I was living with a girl now. I don't take rumors seriously since I know the truth and I know myself more than them. I seldomly curse because I don't wanna get scolded by a five year old kid. I now understand that all things that come has a purpose and I now know how to give importance to my life because there is two people who were depending on me, looking up on me, and maybe, loving me, that's why I stopped from taking the things that aren't useful to me. They could harm me and my family.

 

"Things make you realize everything when it comes unexpectedly. I mean, when you are not ready. Because not knowing is knowing. So, I must say that I am  more than happy now since it was confirmed that I am the father of Jiya and Jiyo," I said and took my bottle of beer. "CHEERS FOR OUR FUTURE!" I said and we clanked our beers.

 

"Ah, by the way hyung. How about their mom? Have you two talked already?" the maknae asked me as he rested his arms on his side. I didn't pay extra attention to that matter.

 

"Speaking of that. It was strange that she didn't even talk to me after leaving the twins on my doorstep. Or even just leaving a proof that they are mine or just sending me a message that 'hey my lovely Jiyong. Don't be shock, it's your children. Look for them for a while since I will be busy at my work. It's your time to shine'," I said while mimicking her voice that made the boys laugh. Of course, they know her. We've been friends with Youngbae since high school.

 

"No, Ji. That's not it. She will say, 'You bastard! Thanked me after letting you know that you have a twins with me! Look for them, or else I'll cut your balls!'," it was awkward listening to TOP hyungs voice listening as he mimicked a girl's voice but then we still laughed at his silliness.

 

Oh, that woman. When she comes back and take the kids with her, will she ask me to marry him? Will she asked me to complete the family that she wished before? But of course, women wanted to be chased, should I be the one to ask her to marry me?

 

She left the kids with me, so maybe she was expecting me to marry her when she came back! Yeah, that's right, Jiyong. You're really a smartass. I should buy a ring, right?

 

I smiled to myself and looked at the boys awkwardly because of the thoughts that came flashing through my mind.

 

But for now, I should prepare for the party that I am planning on Friday at my newest store. I bought the place to be my dreamt club but that idea vanished since I started to feel and realize that I have children. The place was supposed to be a nightclub for elites and celebrities. Paparrazi's are not allowed on that area so we could be really free of what we wanted to do. But now, that'll be just remain as my lame dream.

 

"By the way Jiyong, is everything prepared already for Friday?" Taeyang asked me. He was my aid in fulfilling this idea of mine. He was not that talkative enough compared to the others but I know he is reliable and certified trusted. He's my friend afterall.

 

"Yeah, thanks to that my man. I just need to dress up like a King on that day so everything would be perfect," I said to them and beamed. I shook my head and drank my beer.

 

The night continued as I slumped my body for the first time of my life during this month, alone on this bed. I missed this, being alone but I should savor this moment since I will not be alone anymore.

 

"Gaho!" I called my dog. Before, he was my baby. The only one who I could talk to, even though he just barks at me and I just have to bark at him back so we could understand each other.

 

He run around my room and smells the bed. His tail kept on wiggling. He was quite panicking, or he is looking for something.

 

He barked at me.

 

"What? You can't find them?" I asked him.

 

He barked again.

 

"They are not here," I said to him then aiming to pat his head but he just growled at me. Okay, my dog was enchanted by the twins.

 

"I need to send them away. They'll be back on Friday, okay? You brat dog. Sleep!" he was startled when I shouted but then he growled and barked at me. It was the first time he was doing that to but that didn't scare me. I'll starve him if he'll bite me.

 

He walked towards his place and then bobbed his head and started to sleep. Now, it's my time to rest for I will be really busy tomorrow. I guess I will not go practice at the building. The interior designers and workers will come here and start the renovation of the rooms.

 

 

 

 

"Auntie, what's the day on Friday?" Jiya asked her father's sister. They were lying at the guestroom. Beside her was his brother who was focused at watching the television. She looked at the calendar beside her but she doesn't know how to read calendars so she just asked her Aunt.

 

She was feeling devastated since Jiyong left them without having a proper explanation as to why he decided to leave them. He just took them there, put their luggages inside the room then drifted away. She was crying when Jiyong left, thinking that the man might be pissed by her actions towards him or maybe he really just don't want to raise kids because before they meet him, Jiyong was a king on his kingdom. No one rules him, no one crosses his line. And that’s why Jiyong doesn't want them.

 

Maybe they'll just wait for their mom to fetch them so they could just move on and walk away. They can't blame Jiyong. He was shocked when he discovered that their Mom was impregnate by him.

 

"It's July 18, dear. Why'd do you ask that?" Dami tucked the twins under the comforter, and adjusted the temperature of the air conditioner.

 

Jiya looked at Jiyo who also happened to gaze at her when he heard that it was July 18 on Friday, on the day of their recital.

 

"N-nothing. Are you gonna sleep with us?"

 

"No, will you be okay?"

 

"Of course we will," they smiled at their Aunt before they kissed them goodbye and turned to retreat.

 

They both looked at each other as they started to whisper things as if there were other people who were inside, eavesdropping.

 

"It will be on Friday. Do you think Mom would be on Friday?" he asked her but his eyes were still glued on the monitor on their room.

 

"I don't know. Maybe, but why did Jiyong left us here? Does he hate us?" she replied to him, shrugging.

 

The boy also cried upon seeing Jiyong's car slowly fading away from his sight without them. He was hurt. He doesn't even know if what did he do to make Jiyong leave them. It's just that they wanted to make the best out of the remaining days that they have before going back to their mom. But now, it's a pity for it would just remain as a dream for them. They doesn't have the perfect timing of introduction and doesn't even have a proper goodbye. Maybe, being with Jiyong would always remain as their midsummer night’s dream.

 

"It's a big day on Friday. I don't want to be lonely. I hope mom and dad would meet. I want to see them together in one place. Smiling at each other, and looking as happy as how we met Jiyong," Jiyo smiled at the thought of their parents meeting each other. It was also their dream to see both of their parents standing together in front of them.

 

"I hope so too. Even though dad hates us and even though mom would hate us," she replied and rose from the bed to turn off the television. "Let's just meet them in our dreams, as a happy family."

 

Every child dreams of having a complete family and two of them was Kwon Jiya and Kwon Jiyo. They grew up at the side of their mom who was silent about their dad, who was oblivious that her children also need and want to meet t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter