Twenty Three

Unprepared Dad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I couldn't just eliminate Baekhyun in the story just because they aren't together already, Okay?

Errors and errors. I'll try to edit it soon. Sorry. :) @gdandme94

 

 

Taeyeon’s POV

 

After putting all the things he brought, he went to the twin’s room and check if they were already awake. I really wanted to leave now. I want to avoid him but since I was after the twins, it’s quite impossible for that thing to happen. So, I will just let the issue between us resolve on its own, maybe time would heal the wound between us.

 

I was just sitting on one of his davenport when I hear his laughter. I could even hear him talking with the twins. He sound so happy and looked like one. Good for him.

 

I grabbed my glass of juice to ease the nervousness that I am feeling when I remembered Kiko once again. That girl makes me feel furious just by thinking of her. Can’t I have atleast a day without hating someone? I looked at Jiyong… and no, I can’t tell it to him. I have to go before I could strangle Jiyong because of his ex-girlfriend.

 

I peeked through the doors and saw Jiyong enthusiastically to Jiyo and Jiya.

 

“Uh… Sorry for interrupting, but… Can I go home already?” I asked even though I know I could still stay longer than I want.

 

“Mom,” Jiyo called so I came closer and gave them a peck on their cheeks and patted their heads. “Ji… I…” he didn’t let me finished talking and just nodded then went out of the room. Gosh. What’s with him?!

 

I was already in my full get up once again and as soon as I went out of the house, I called Baekhyun. Nowadays, I’ve been thinking a lot about him. I knew someday, I might regret this decision. I might get hurt, I might cry and I might be heartbroken but to hell with that. At least I got to be happy because happiness doesn’t come to everyone. It’s a luxury that only few people can afford… and it comes with a bigger price. And if a broken heart someday is what it takes, then come what may, I’m willing to bet on it.

 

And so I decided to go to SME. I don’t have any practice or schedule for today, I’ll just go there and stay cool for awhile.

 

How did I know that Kiko was using drugs? I fished some information about her to Jessica since she practically knows her for Jiyong and her were friends. I don’t know if Jiyong also pushed her to do that… I’ve been reading and hearing that people often calls him an addict. I’m not really sure. I know he drinks to be more confident but using drugs? I don’t think so. I know he still has some senses on his body for him to do that.

 

I slump my body on the floor as I watched the EXO’s practice once again but I can’t even look at Baekhyun in the eye. I felt shy, because I just went to GD’s house and came here when everything there isn’t working… but still, it’s more comfortable here.

 

Baekhyun is a busy man, and I know I’ve been a nuisance for the past 10 minutes on his rehearsals but here he is sitting with me on one of the SM’s terraces, and that showed how important I am to him.

 

I reached for my purse and looked at my wristwatch. “I have somewhere to go,” I excused.

 

He replied me with that heart melting smile and then I went straight out.

 

--

 

I would like to glare and roll my eyes to Sunny and Tiffany but I’m too tired for that. Kiko drained it all and I was guilty—not that I am admitting that I am in love with Jiyong. I wasn’t in love. I just made a decision out of my common sense. If Jiyong still likes her, he’ll come after her. I know Jiyong is not my property. He could do whatever he want— or drugs—but the kids were still on him. He needs to be more careful. How could he be a good father if he will do that? And about the family thing… Jiyong’s family means Jiya and Jiyo only—excluding me.

 

I went to my room and took a nap. I don’t want to feel sleepy when Baekhyun comes. Everything is messing me up—work, friends, Kiko, Jiyong. I don’t want to look like a zombie later.

 

My nap lasted for a few hours and I felt rejuvenated after I woke up. I went to the bathroom and did all my things. I dolled up pretty nice and looked at the mirror. I’m so lucky. How many times in your life will someone like Baekhyun pass? I’ll make most out of it. And I will never break him.

 

I was looking for Seohyun but she was out of nowhere. So without a choice, I waited on the couch and watched TV with Tiffany. Everything is normal here except talking to Tiffany and Sunny, other members and I were the same.

 

When I hear the bell buzzed, I automatically stood up and looked at the surveillance monitor. He was standing outside looking as dashing as always.

 

“Hi,” I said when I opened the door. He did the same, he smiled.

 

“Is it okay if I’ll take you out on an open restaurant?” wait… what? Isn’t it too dangerous for us?

 

It was as if he saw the color of my face changed, he smiled.

 

“Baek, look—“

 

He cut me off. “Look, Noona, it’s fine. You’re being cautious and I get it. I won’t force you to do things you don’t like but can we just try it for once?”

 

I nodded and looked down but he lifted my chin and said. “When I asked you out, I knew what I was getting into, Taeks.”

 

Slowly, I smiled.

 

“Thank you,” I muttered.

 

Baekhyun was smiling and then we started walking side by side. We entered the elevator when he pulled me and hugged me from behind. “I love you, Taeyeon. Please don’t break me ‘cause I’m finally there. I don’t know how to fix myself if you’ll break me,” I smiled and held his hand.

 

Of course, I won’t. I will not let this go. I will hold on to whatever we have because I knew this was worth fighting for.

 

He still doesn’t have his license and mine was a foreign driving license so we opted to take a cab instead of driving. Momentarily, we arrived at the restaurant. The place was elegant at first glance and luckily there are not much people around. But I noticed that there’s a van following us earlier.

 

Baekhyun pulled a sit for me and located himself across me where I could enjoy his musk. I’m starting to get used of this idea and it was scaring me but I don’t want to do anything about it. I was enjoying every used moment.

 

We were talking about something when someone approached Baekhyun that I didn’t know. They were seriously talking with each other when my phone vibrated and so I excused myself and went outside.

 

It was my manager, asking if where I am. He was telling me that the company was tailing us as I looked around the parking lot where they are located when I saw Jiyong walking.

 

Why is he here? Where are the twins? Did he abandon them once again inside his unit?! I should’ve take the kids earlier when he was away!

 

I went to his direction and confronted him. “Yah. Kwon Jiyong! Where

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter