Seven

Unprepared Dad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Mommy!” Hyoyeon jumped on her seat and come over to me excitedly. The members often call me Mommy.

 

“Did the twins send photos?” I asked and held the phone as she handed it over to me. I was excited because Jiya sent photos of them yesterday wearing her uniform and Jiyo who looked happy at his sister.

 

“They seemed to enjoy Korea, Mommy!” she said and beamed wider. The members also love the twins.

 

Before I gave birth, the company transferred our main home to another country. We will just fly to Korea for promotions and fan meetings. So, the twins apparently lived with us with two nannies and 9 mommies. If we’ll gonna go to Korea, I’ll make sure that the twins will be safe at our nannies, we will be gone for some days anyway and be back home immediately. Unlike now that we will continue promoting at Japan for a month and transfer to China and Malaysia for some fan meetings, and I half-heartedly decided to send them in Korea at my family.

 

“Ofourse. The kids enjoy and appreciate all the things they see,” I said and scrolled the photos. “Oh, look!” I exclaimed and let Hyoyeon view the image. “They’re on Mcdonalds!” I giggled.

 

I am so glad that my family is treating them very well. The last time they saw the twins was after I gave birth. The photos were Jiya took a selca at her seat, wearing her pink pullover that I bought when we were at Japan last time. Jiyo was playing and smiling while his inside the big room together with other kids. Why didn’t she take pictures together with their guardian there?

 

I took a photo of me and the members and also took a selca and send it to them saying, ‘I miss you guys! Do well, alright? Mommy will come back soon. I love you!’

 

 

UNPREPARED DAD. UNPREPARED DAD. UNPREPARED DAD.

 

 

In route to my parent’s house, I called the management to schedule the presscon already. I am so tired seeing my photos with not so good comments at every screen I see. I also know that the twins got curious because of how weirdly I banned them to watch TV for a while.

 

“Oh, look Jiya! Jiyong’s on TV. He’s on McDonalds!” Jiyo pointed the wide screen and I immediately paced at the living room seeing my face crowded by fans in front of the cashier.

 

“Can you transfer the channel, please?” I plead and Jiyo pressed the button and watch cartoon movies instead.

 

“Noona, can you please do this at my back? It’s itchy,” he said and I watched Jiya rubbed her itching back.

 

“Why do you call her Noona? You both came out on a same date,” I asked watching the clear high way of soul.

 

“Because I came out first,” she said and sat straight as she finished rubbing his back.

 

“How do you know that?”

 

“Because I remember it,” she said and it just made me laugh. “I was like this small and I was crying because I saw Mommy crying at giving birth to us. Jiyo was left inside Mommy’s tummy,” she said while gesturing her small arm on how small she was.

 

“Jiyo was smaller than me and ugly,” she added and I laughed at her more. It was my first time laughing at her talks because she regularly combatting me with her raising brows and glaring eyes.

 

“No, I am not ugly! If I am, then you are ugly too because we looked like each other!” he argued, facing his twin who crossed her arms and frowned.

 

“No we are not! You look like Jiyong! And both of you are ugly! I look like mom. She’s like a queen and I am a princess!” she claimed making faces at her twin.

 

I smiled.

 

Queen? Yes, maybe.

 

“And so Daddy looks like a King?” I asked. ‘Daddy’ such a hefty name for G-Dragon but at the same time sounds like a powerful title.

 

“No. You’re a beggar, asking Mom for food,” she said and laughed out loud that influenced the frowning Jiyo and then they both laughed at me. The laughters, I never thought that laughters were as melodic as this.

 

Such a mean five-year old kid, but nevertheless it made me laughed again.

 

“I’m also a prince!” he adjoined and clapped his hands.

 

“No. You’re the general who protects the queen and the princess to the beggars,” she opposed, pointing his brother beside him.

 

“That’s okaaaaay. Atleast I am not a beggar!” they both laughed again and high-fived as they united and made fun of me.

 

I shook my head but then laughed together with them and continued driving, listening at their stories and short bickerings over things. Jiya talked about her princesses inside their house and Jiyo about the toy story’s potato.

 

I was carried away to the small bonding inside the car that I didn’t notice that we’re nearing the place already.

 

Noona was standing outside the gate and waving her hands happily as she kept on jumping like a toddler excited in seeing her mom.

 

“Jiya-nie,” she called and aided her to get down at the car as I also helped this little guy to get down as I held his arms and lifted him.

 

“I’m Jiya, not Jiyanie.” He corrected that it made me chuckled. You should also go beyond her mean attitude.

 

“I know, in Korea, you should add something at the end of the name, so it would be nice to hear, right?”

 

“No, Jiya is short name already. Jiya-nie doesn’t sound good,” she said holding Noona’s left hand and strolled inside the house.

 

“My Eomma and Appa’s inside. Are you excited to meet them?” I asked Jiyo who stood beside me as I opened the compartment of my car to get the things that I bought for my parents.

 

“Yes, I’m hungry too,” he said and I smiled at him, tapping his head.

 

I hope Mom and Dad would be happy as I brought the kids to them. They were already asking noona and I to get married and so they could have grandchildren to play with them and unknowingly, they already have twins who grew at the other side of the world.

 

Their meeting went well and my parents were fond of them. Jiyo and his nature to be quiet and soft were gone as he faced his grandma and grandpa. Jiya who seemed to be mean and brat at me never showed her attitude and played together with them and noona. Mom and Noona also taught her how to make cookies and draw while Dad and I, together with Jiyo went outside and grilled pork and fish at the garden.

 

“Did you contact her already?” Noona came to me at the kitchen stool, overviewing the site of the twins sleeping at my mom’s lap.

 

“No, noona. I thought of flying to Japan and went to their place so I could talk and discuss things to her but I can’t leave my work and twins here. I know you’re here to guide them but,” I said that made Dami-noona glared her eyes. “But, I’m afraid she’ll take away the twins and never let me see them again.”

 

“You can’t blame her anyway but ofcourse I wouldn’t let her also take the twins away and keep them from us,” she said and drank the water at the glass she was holding.

 

“The presscon was scheduled the day after tomorrow. The issues came viral and I was bewildered if why doesn’t she come and consult the matters to me?” I said brushing my hair and leaned my arm to the table.

 

“As what you have said that the twins said, their Mom sent you the twins to take care of them. And so, she trusted you the twins, and she’ll not be surprised if it goes down to the news that everyone sees you with the children,” Noona may be right, but there’s still a puzzle between the lines and I couldn’t identify it. Why so sudden?

 

“I still can’t understand a thing. Atleast, she tried to discuss with me regarding the twins, not that the twins will just materialize in front of my door and changed the whole thing,” I said and stood straight, taking a seat at the stool.

 

“So they changed the whole thing,” noona nodded.

 

“Whatever, Noona. You know, yesterday, Kiko came to my house and she was baffled at the twin’s presence, calling her the baby-sitter,” I shook my head implausibly harking back the fresh incident and laughed exultantly.

 

I lost my lover, but gaining the twins and hopefully their mother.

 

“Did you have fun meeting your grannies?” I asked them after I opened the car door for them to come out. We were now at the building’s parking lot. It’s been a long day. I’m tired yet glad that the twins already met my mom and dad.

 

“Uh-uhm,” he nodded and stood beside me waiting Jiya to come out and together we walked to the elevator to lift us up at out floor.

 

“Can we have a bubble bath, Jiyong?” she asked while we were walking the peaceful hall enroute to our place.

 

“No, just shower and then sleep,” I stated that made her frown and glare at me.

 

“Please please please, Jiyong,” she pleaded again walking past at me pleading her small hands.

 

“No, no, no. it’s late already and you have class tomorrow, remember?” I reminded and made me thought about the participation of parent that her teacher mentioned. I imagined myself wearing the taekwondo uniform, kicking and punching the mid-air.

 

So I started picturing myself getting beaten by the teacher hard kicks and touches, and made my face swollen. Holy hell! That’ll never happen! It made me crin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter