Growing Pain

Just To Keep this Love Alive
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chorong’s POV

I thought that Luhan acts really weird from the time we set our feet in this island. I’m pretty much sure that I’m not the only one who notice his behavior and my friends are starting to exchange those suspiciously looks at me.

“Rongie let’s go!” Luhan told me as he held my hand, realizing that he is leading the way to the dive site. I looked at him completely confuse with his action. I heard his soft chuckles. “Yah, Rongie, what’s with that face?”

 I swallowed and asked him. “Han, what are we doing here?”

“We are going to jump there together.” He said while pointing the cliff and azure water on the surrounding.

My eyes wide and asked him again.”Are you sure you are doing it? I mean, I understand you’re not fond of doing such things.”

“Yeah, you’re worrying about my fear of heights. But Rongie, I’m perfectly fine. I’m going to jump off the cliff and you’ll be jumping with me, Arasso!” He said full of determination.

His statement made me smile and I can’t do anything but to surrender to his wish. He didn’t let go of my hand and I followed his suit. This day mark Luhan’s first extreme adventure with me, first the zip line and I didn’t expect he’ll even do cliff diving as well.  I can feel his palm is getting sweaty out of nervousness and he is even shaking.

“Luhan!” I look at him and I know concern is written all over my face.

“Rongie, I’m fine. Please trust me!” he said to me with that assuring smile.

We both step in the rock, it felt cold against our feet. I can feel he tighten his hold onto my hands, though it is not really advisable we decided to jump together. Both of our legs were shaking uncontrollably and I can feel my heart racing. I looked again at Luhan and he smiled at me, though I can feel his anxiety. He assured me by whispering some words of encouragement, not sure if it’s for me or for him, either way it makes me feel secure and safe.

We hopped and felt the adrenaline rush and the wind against my cheeks. I tried to open my eyes and I tightened my grip on Luhan’s hand.  We heard cheers all over and in split seconds I felt the water all over my body. I loose hold on Luhan and I tried to feel the ground on my feet but I found none. I struggled in opening my eyes and breathing.  I swam until I reach the surface of the water. I catched my breath and look all over the surrounding.  Luhan wasn’t there and I started to panic.

“Luhan, where are you?” I sighed and when I’m about to dive to start searching for him. I felt someone tickled my waist followed by a heartily laugh.

“Looking for me Chorong-ah?” he said as he came out of water

“Yah, you scared me.” I murmured and he tightens his hold on me to close the gap of our bodies. I don’t know if that’s a reflex but automatically clung on his neck. He looked closely at me still wearing that familiar smirk.  His head slowly descending and I felt his breath against me.

I closed my eyes while I still catching my breath and the next thing I felt was his lips against mine. It was just a peck but it’s enough already to took all my strength. I opened my eyes when we parted and saw him smiling at me. “You’re beautiful Chorong-ah!” his statement made me blushed again. We then decided to swim together toward the shore.

***

We spent most of the afternoon together and sometimes with our friends. We enjoyed swimming and having fun in the sun and sand. I don’t mind getting sunburn I’m just too happy and worry-free at the moment. When we get all tired we all decided to rest on our respective room. After an hour nap I cleaned up and changed into a long white summer dress. I wear perfume and soon after I heard a knock on my door and I opened it hurriedly. It was Bomi.

“Hey.” I greeted her.

“Eunnie, can I come in?” she said.

“Yah, since when did you learn to ask permission entering my room?” I mocked her.

“Yah, you know, I’m really polite, and it is just that you might have other visitor here.” She replied.

“What?” I asked.

“Eunnie, don’t act innocent at all, last time I saw Luhan oppa came out of this room.” I was shocked with her statement but I remained speechless.

“Now, tell me is there something we need to know?” She asked suspiciously.

“What do you mean? We are not doing anything wrong.” I exclaimed.

“Eunnie, I’m not saying that you are doing wrong. It is just that we notice the closeness between you and Luhan oppa.” She said.

“We are close, really because we are bestfriends.” I explained.

“Yeah, you’re bestfriends, that’s why we think it’s weirder. Sometimes he will act nice to you then the other time, he will ignore. I don’t get it that all of the sudden he will act mushy around you. We are not blind eunnie and we think there is something wrong with the way he behaves.” She said with a sigh.

“I don’t want to be nosy, but we suspect that he might be using just to forget his problem with Yura.  We heard from Lay that they had fought really hard last time.  Luhan oppa and Yura are still together and yet he acts all mushy and cl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter