Remembering

Just To Keep this Love Alive
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chorong POV

“I miss my best friend. I miss you Park Chorong.”

I twist and turn, it’s already 2am and sleep won’t visit me. The day was eventful and stressful for me. I saw the person I’d least like to see, the person who turn back on me. I went to kitchen and prepared a hot milk to drink. I remember Luhan’s astonish look, when I addressed him formally. I feign not to be affected of his presence, but deep in my heart I would like to say that back “I miss you Luhan, I miss you more than you’ll ever know.”

How many times, I carry out the things that I would like to say when I see him. I would like to smile and say all good words to him if the time comes that we will meet again. But what happened last night is extremely opposite as I treated him harshly and shunned the opportunity to let him talk. When I saw his face all memories flooded back again and made me realized that the pain is still there.

I looked at my parent’s picture and talked to them as if they’re real, “Omma, Appa, how are you there? The Lus’ are back. I know I shouldn’t feel any resentment on them but I can’t. I know it’s not their fault, everything that happened to our family they have nothing to do with that. I know Uncle and Aunt Lu, had nothing to do with what happened between me and Luhan and I’m guilty for holding irritation against them. Appa, Omma I’m sorry, if I’m not ready to face them, I’m sorry for being a bad daughter.”

I woke up as the sunlight already peeking on room window. I didn’t realize that I’m still hugging our family picture.

“Good morning Appa, Good Morning Omma.” I greeted them. It’s already seven-thirty am and my shift starts at 9am. I prepared breakfast and get ready for work.

***

“Good Morning Chorong, I heard that the event last night turned out to be successful one.” Ms. Choi greeted me with her usual bright smile. She is one of the nicest people here in the hotel and I can consider that she is one of my friends even outside work. I know her personally because she is daughter of Lu’s family driver. When I got hired in this job, we agreed that I will call her Miss at work at I can still call her Unnie outside. She told me, that it is awkward because she used call me young miss, but I said we will get used to it soon and it happened.

“Chorong, I’m sorry, if I didn’t tell you earlier who will be the guests, because you might hesitate to accept the job and you know you are the only one I can trust on that.” She said guiltily.

“It’s ok Ms. Choi, I know my responsibilities and when I accepted the job, I know that I should be professional.” I assured her.

“Thank you Rongie. I’ll go ahead and check others.” She said before she left.

I start making rounds in all rooms in 30th floor it is my job assignment for the day. I started collecting dirty and used bed sheets, bathroom towels and delivered in the laundry area. I get the new stocks of neatly pressed bed cover, arranged beds, refill toiletries, clean the bathrooms, vacuum carpeted floors and ensure dust free fixtures in the room. This had become my daily routine and one good thing about this hotel is that they provide trainings how can we improve our skills in housekeeping and customer service in general. I’m happy with my job, but if I will be given another chance definitely I will go back to school and finish my college education. I normally work for at least 10 to 12 hours in a day, 5 days a week that I had to quit my part-time job in the coffee shop.

“Chorong-shi, I hope you don’t mind helping me delivering this set of clothes in Room 305.” My co-worker requested.

“Oh yeah, I’m about to deliver some in other rooms too.” I said to her.

“Thank you!”

“You’re welcome!”

***

“So, it’s your rest day tomorrow, are you going somewhere? Ms. Choi aske

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter