In denial

Just To Keep this Love Alive
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan POV

“Honestly I don’t really care if you decided to move out or stay with us.”

“You know my parents are fond of doing charity. I won’t be shock if soon they will put all their money in foundation or build an orphanage.”

I woke up catching my breath; I couldn’t believe that I dreamt about my last conversation with Chorong. Does it imply that dreams are residue of day? I could not forget how gloomy Chorong had become after our talk. Call me stupid and to be frank and I started scolding myself as soon as I realized how harsh my words were. I was coward to run after her to tell I’m sorry. Blame my pride, that I couldn’t even hide my irritation for not telling me her plans and for her being close to my friends.

“Haist!” I tossed and turned in my bed, trying my best to return to sleep but my conscience won’t make it easy. I woke up suffering from eye bags. I go straight at the dinner area the maids informed me that my parents already went out so that means I’ll be eating alone. After what happened last night, I have decided not to meet my friends and Chorong so I just decided to stay home the whole morning. I was able to talk to Yura, but our call was cut short because of her schedule. I don’t understand but I feel that we both find it really had to communicate; she’s the one who always cut our talk and I have no choice but to give in with what’s her request. She is busy with her modeling career and I guess that is the downside of having a gorgeous girlfriend and being away from each other.

Later that afternoon, I invited Minsoek and Lay for a short late afternoon soccer match, it’s one of my way of releasing stress and I’m glad that the two were available to join me. As of the moment of I don’t want to mingle with the others particularly with Tao. He’s presence somewhat infuriates me and I can say that these two are closest friends to me.

I was so focus in kicking the ball and to feel the ground against my feet. I was really desperate to have my first goal that I didn’t notice that my play is starting to get physical. Lay was preventing me hitting the goal by blocking my way and I wasn’t aware that my elbow accidentally hit him on side of his face. I guess that I hit him really hard that causes him to back off and fall on the ground.

“Ouch, what’s that for?” he complaints while Minsoek hurriedly went near us to check what happened.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to push you or anything.” I said looking guiltily at them while I offer my hand and help him stand.

“What’s the matter Luhan, it seems that you are getting really impatient now a days.” Minsoek said snooping as he checks if Lay’s get hurt or if he was bleeding. I looked at them. Lay continuously rubbed his cheeks, evident that he was hurt because of the incident.

“I’m ok, I just hope that it won’t swell and I won’t get bruise or else I’ll make you pay for ruining my handsome face.” Lay joked as his attempt to lighten the mood.

“I think we need to rest, I think that 45 minutes play somehow help us release the stress.” Minsoek said.

“I’m really sorry guys, it is just that I missed playing and I don’t recently have practice. I think I already loss my touch for this game.” I told to both of them still feeling culpable.

“Yah, forget it hyung, I’m fine. Minsoek hyung is right, I think we should rest. What about getting some cold beer?” he suggested.

“Well, I think it was a good suggestion. Let’s go.” Minsoek seconded. I could only nod and follow them to change to our regular clothes before heading to the bar we usually frequented at.

It’s already 7 pm when we reached our destination. We were greeted by loud club music, smoke and young people who were having fun in the dance floor.  We walked to the private area and order our usual drinks.

“Does it still hurt? Do you want me to take you to the hospital for further check up?” I asked Lay as I observed that he is till touching his face.

“Aniyo, don’t worry Hyung, it’s not like I sustain any injury. I understand it is just part of the game.” He smiles convincing me that he is ok.

“What I don’t understand is your behavior Han? We don’t want to appear nosy or to meddle with your personal life but as we observe you act indifferently especially when it’s comes to Chorong.” Minsoek suddenly blurted. My eyes widen at his statement and it left me speechless.

I kept my silence and it was Lay turn to speak up. “Hyung, the other time you behave so protective but last night you’re totally ignoring Chrong. What’s that Hyung? Did you two fight again? But as I observed it’s you who is avoiding her.”

“Han, we don’t know what the two of you talked about, but I noticed also her puffy eyes, it looks like that she cried.” Minsoek said.

“Why, they seems do concern about Chorong all of the sudden?” I sighed silently.

“You are also acting cold towards Tao, I don’t want to jump into a conclusion but you just giving us an impression that you are jealous over Tao and Chorong’s closeness.”  Lay blurted with hint of some tau

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter