Patience is a virtue

Her Other Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6: Patience is a Virtue

“Kwon Jaeun, get me a copy of the agenda for the meeting later.”

“Kwon Jaeun, please get these papers photocopied.”

“Kwon Jaeun, please call Ms. Kim for the minutes of the meeting last Thursday.”

“Kwon Jae-“

Jaeun shut her eyes in frustration as Kim Myungsoo continued to order her around. When will he even understand that she is not his slave or something? Doesn’t he have a secretary for a reason?

She muttered another string of curses under her breath as she stood up from her desk and followed his orders. What can she do? If she didn’t, then, this devil would report her to the disciplinary council and would write another letter of apology again. And she knows that when one writes up an apology letter up to three times, it would mean a 3-day suspension.

She sighed to herself while walking to Ms. Kim’s office. Since when has she felt like this? Since when has she felt as if her life is being controlled by someone? Only once. Only now. And she hates it to the bones.

Every single day that she had entered the office is one additional day of torture and of test of patience. When has she lived this wrongly? Only now. Only when that darn devil Kim Myungsoo came.

She immediately took the papers she needed from Ms. Kim before going back to their office and slamming it onto Kim Myungsoo’s desk.

“Got it, SIR.” She muttered before heading back to her desk and continued what she was previously doing. She heard him smirk from behind and it just made her blood boil even more.

Seriously, she couldn’t even get what is going to do with the proposal to Wu Ent and his freaking hot-slash-Lucifer Supervisor is stressing her to the limit as well.

“Are you alright?” Yoonmi asked her as she noticed her clenched fist.

Jaeun sighed hard and got back to her cool before replying to her friend. “I’m okay.” She smiled weakly.

Yoonmi nodded. “Okay.” She beamed but she didn’t believe that Jaeun’s fine. Heck, at first she thought L was a great boss but when he saw how he tortured Kwon Jaeun, she thought otherwise. What a spawn of the devil.

Jaeun smiled once again before turning to her work. She has finished gathering information about the history and the strategy of the company but she still couldn’t figure out how to manage them to agree with this. Of course, Mr. Wu would be tough on this because there are a lot of companies who want his artists to model for him.

This is the hardest thing about business: finding how to be unique, being able to differentiate yourself from all the other companies out there, finding your true identity.

Mr. Lee has always told them that business is about risking everything, about knowing when to gamble in order to gain. But how would one even know when to gamble and when to just stay put?

Jaeun sighed to herself and ran her fingers through her hair. Times like this, she wanted to just fly away. This is too stressful for her to handle. Add her darned Supervisor to her stressor and it’s an all-kill for her. Ugh!

“Are you going to have lunch, Jae?” Yoonmi asked her.

Jaeun looked at her friend and smiled. “I’ll follow suit.” She replied and Yoonmi couldn’t do anything but tell her that she’ll meet her when the break ends before leaving her for lunch.

Jaeun sighed and tried to finish the first paragraph of the proposal. This is the first time that she’s finding difficulty on the proposal. Well, it’s because this is the first time that Mr. Lee actually asked her to make it for a talent agency. Exclusive for that and she’s really feeling pressured to the pits of Mount Fuji.

“Aren’t you going to eat yet?”

Jaeun looked at who talked and saw L looking down on her. In that instant, her blood already boiled up over the limit of the boiling point – if there is such a thing. How was it possible for a person to just ask you a simple question yet you feel like you want to burn him alive?

“Nope.” She replied nonchalantly as she focused on the monitor.

L shrugged.  “Okay. Suit yourself.” He uttered before pivoting to the door and leaving Jaeun behind.

Jaeun looked at the door when L finally left and glared. She rested her back on the swivel chair and massaged her temples. How can there be someone that you hate to the core with just knowing that he breathes?

She sighed and finished the first paragraph before getting her things and going for her well-deserved lunch break. Yes, she deserved this break. After all, she spent most of her time doing and finishing L’s orders.

She walked to the cafeteria and she saw her roommate who works at the design department, Jang Haneul, eating alone on one table. Haneul saw her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter