Their Approval

Her Other Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 38: Their Approval

L and Jaeun stared at each other. Jaeun felt like her whole world is going down the drain the moment she heard what Sungyeol said.

It’s the end. It’s going to end now.

That was all she could think of. Although she knows that L isn’t going to raise the white flag, she’s still so scared that she’d lose him now. Hell, she couldn’t lose him now or she’s going to die.

L laced his fingers with hers and stood up. “Come on. Let’s face them.” He told her calmly. There was no trace of anxiety in his voice.

Jaeun stared at him. “Myungsoo, what if they disapprove our relationship?” It was not a new question and L has answered and assured her a thousand times that she’ll always be his choice. There’s no one else.

L sighed and faced her, cupping her cheeks. “Listen, Jaeun. I’m not going to repeat this ever again.” He began. “I know you’re scared about everything. Trust me, I’m scared, too. I’m scared but it doesn’t mean that I’m going to give you up. I won’t give you up. I won’t give us up.” He spoke. “So please, hold onto me. Hold on to me, alright? Never let me go.” It wasn’t a statement. It was a plea. A plea for her to never leave his side.

Jaeun smiled and nodded. If L could fight for them, she could, too. “Never.” She replied.

L smiled. “I love you. So much.” He told her as he planted a sweet kiss on her lips.

Jaeun closed her eyes and felt his lips. “I love you, too.” She replied after the kiss.

L smiled. “Good. We’re on the same page.” He grinned and laced his fingers with hers again. “Let’s face them now then we’ll leave and live a peaceful life away from the people who don’t approve of us.” He smiled.

Jaeun smiled back, contented of everything she heard from him. “We will.” She replied as they walked out of the room.

L sighed when he saw his parents sitting on the couch of their condominium unit. Sungyeol was with them while the rest of his friends are in their respective rooms.

Sungyeol looked at L and smiled as he stood up, looking at L’s parents. “Here they are, Mr. and Mrs. Kim.” He spoke and walked towards L, tapping his shoulder. “Do a great job, Myungsoo.” He told him and smiled at Jaeun before walking inside his room.

L took a deep breath and held Jaeun’s hand tighter as they walked towards his parents.

Mrs. Kim’s eyes were on their intertwined hands. She raised her brow but then she did not speak. Mr. Kim just stared at them without uttering a word.

Jaeun gulped at the pairs of eyes gazing at them. She knew it would be hard but she didn’t know it’s going to kill her like this. It’s as if she would choose to be in a cage full of predators than be in a room with L’s parents.

“Kim Myungsoo,” Mrs. Kim started as L and Jaeun sat in front of them. “I didn’t raise you to be like this.” She said calmly but her voice was very authoritative.

Jaeun wanted to yank her hand off of L but he held on her hand tighter. She’s afraid. She’s afraid of everyone who’d get in their way. What if the day would come when Myungsoo would realize that it was a mistake to love someone like her?

“I didn’t raise you to steal someone else’s girlfriend.” Mrs. Kim’s voice rose.

L didn’t speak and just listened. He wanted to hear everything first before firing away. He wanted this to end early but he wanted to know their side as well.

Mrs. Kim looked at Jaeun. “You were Seokjin’s girlfriend for three years. Do you know what you just did right now?” Her voice is angry.

L’s grip tightened. “You don’t have the right to shout at her, Mom.” He snapped.

Mrs. Kim scoffed. “You’re my only son, Kim Myu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter