Silence Means Yes

Her Other Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 20: Silence Means Yes

“Come on, Ms. Kwon.” L called Jaeun politely as he passed by their area. He is calling her to come with him for the end-of-the-month meeting with Mr. Lee.

Jaeun looked at him and nodded, standing up then picked the folders they need for the presentation.

To be honest, she’s a little too nervous for this meeting because she never had discussed this with L. She went inside his office just to go through a folder then cuddled with L. For twenty minutes, at most.

She looked at L and he’s looking at her innocently, acting like he didn’t want to hug her tight right now, but he does.

She walked after L to the elevator. She heard L sigh hard and looked at her.

“Are you nervous?” He asked her.

She nodded slightly. “I don’t know what to report.” She replied. For the first time in her life, she is getting wacked on a simple casual presentation. God knows that she’s done this a lot of times already but this is the only time that she’s getting fidgety over this.

Probably, it’s because she actually didn’t discuss this with her supervisor who just wanted to hold her tight when they were given the time to prepare.

L looked around to see if there are people around. When he saw that there were none, he held her chin and made her look at him.

Jaeun was taken aback with how L acted. He shouldn’t act like this when they’re in the office. At least he should give her space in the office because she knows that he cannot be asked to stay away from her now. Not after all the speeches L had told her. She knows he couldn’t stop right now.

“Don’t you trust me on this, Jaeun?” He asked her dearly.

She swallowed as she started to get lost in his eyes once again. This is still a puzzle to her. How can she get lost in his eyes when she knows that she loves Jin? How can she not resist him when she knows that he heart shouts Jin and not L?

“Trust me on this one, okay?” He asked again, trying to give her assurance. And yes, she knows what he’s trying to do.

She nodded slowly and L smiled as he patted her shoulder. “Thank you. And don’t worry, I won’t let anyone look down at you.” He beamed.

She smiled weakly and couldn’t help but feel moved at what she heard from L. He won’t let anyone look down on her. Right but if they knew that she’s letting him touch her like how he did, she bets on her whole life that they will.

The thing is, she wanted to stop. She wanted him to stop. She knows what would happen. She knows that she could lose her whole life for this but she couldn’t make him stop. Telling him to stop isn’t enough. He kept on showing up. He kept on telling her words that’s making it hard for her to make him stop.

It’s like she’s confused of what she’s feeling as well.

Well she is. How can she not be confused when L was so sweet all of a sudden and when he gives her the tingles she has been meaning to feel?

She didn’t mean to feel this way but she is.

L is giving her all the reasons for him to stay and it’s hard for her to push him away.

The elevator door opened and it’s just the two of them inside.

“Don’t think too much.” L told her as he held her hand tightly.

She closed her eyes as she felt the beams in her body again. Why does she feel like this? She shouldn’t feel like this?

She then felt L kiss her fingers that are laced into his.

“I told you, I won’t let anyone look down on our department, on me, and especially on you. I can’t let that happen.”

She took a deep breath as the elevator neared the top floor where Mr. Lee’s office is located. She pulled her hand off of his and gave him a look.

“Don’t hold my hand in the office.” She told him as she walked out of the elevator with a  smiling Kim Myungsoo behind him.

Damn, this is getting a li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter