The Sudden Change

Her Other Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 14: The Sudden Change

“Mr. Han, kindly bring me my agenda for the meeting now.”

Everyone in the office looked at L weirdly after phoning his secretary for the first time since he took over the supervisor slot.

Jaeun, on the other hand, didn’t know if she would be happy or what that, finally, L made use of his secretary.

Yoonmi nudged her from the side. “Is it just me or is Mr. Kim acting really differently today?” She whispered to her.

Jaeun looked at L who was so immersed into what he is reading. Maybe it’s an important matter. She didn’t know. And obviously, she didn’t care.

She shouldn’t care.

But since L was really good to her and he actually took care of her when she fell from the cliff. She was injured and was burning up and L took care of her all night. He even played that darned 21 questions game with her.

So, she should at least consider having the benefit of the doubt.

“Mr. Han,” L called again. “Please call the utility to clean up the office Mr. Lee has given me.” He ordered through the phone.

Everyone looked at L once more.

Jaeun even narrowed her eyes on him. Is he finally becoming the ideal supervisor? Or did he get an order from the higher people in the company? She didn’t know why she was this curious to know. She had to know why L is being like this.

“Mr. Jeon,” L suddenly spoke again making everyone jump from their seats. Sure, his aura is different today.

Jungkook walked over to L’s desk with doubt and a little bit of fear. Heck! Who wouldn’t fear someone whose voice is as serious as the President who’s giving his State of the Nation Address?

“W-what’s it, Mr. Kim?” He stammered as he approached L.

L looked at him. “Would you mind telling Ms. Kwon to sit in a meeting with the board members for me this afternoon? I have an important appointment with a customer.” He told him and everyone eyed Jaeun.

Jaeun, herself, didn’t know what happened. Why is L asking Jungkook to do that when she’s there herself? He should’ve just told her.

Jungkook looked at L confusedly. “O-okay, sir. Copy.” He didn’t know what to do. Should he tell Jaeun now or should he wait until lunch? Either way, there’s no difference. Jaeun already knows.

“Thanks.” L replied then he stood up and walked out. Everyone thought it was because of the appointment to an important customer he was talking about.

Just as soon as L closed the door, everyone started to murmur around and target Jaeun.

“Hey, Jae! What happened?”

“Did you really fight this time?”

“Why is he acting really weirdly?”

“Are you…”

Jaeun just shut her eyes as the words came onto her like a huge wave of zombies in a computer game. She didn’t listen to any of those words anymore and started wondering what the problem was.

The last time they interacted was before they went back to the camp during the weekend. And it was a good interaction. They even played a game! She even thought that L’s not that bad at all. She began to think of him as a person who had a dark past that’s why his present actions are twisted like that.

Why is he acting like this now?

Or maybe she did something wrong when she was asleep since he was acting a bit distant since then?

She could remember how tensed L was when they sat side by side inside that bus. She could remember how bad the atmo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter